THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#145368 - 03/17/02 02:53 PM Re: Why people pack heat?
Fish'n Magician Offline
Parr

Loc: Hillsboro Oregon
Jet-
The answer is that you need one for both states. as soon as you cross the bridge to WA you cannot carry concealed w/o a WA permit.
Still-
You use the words "very rare" and "less likely" . I choose to be prepared for those times. I will probably never have to use my gun but what if ??????? If you think it cannot happen to you, you are living in a fantasy world. Someone,somewhere, in the time it took me to write this post was fatally assaulted. Just a thought................
john

#145369 - 03/17/02 03:12 PM Re: Why people pack heat?
DM Offline
Smolt

Loc: WASHINGTON
I dont think that people that pack heat are just packing it for protection I was on my way to the yakima river last summer to do a little bug fishing, my friend was following me over and he had his dog with him, some how about 3/4 the way there the dog jumps out of the back of my buds truck going about 55mph you think it would have killed it but it didn't and its a danm good thing I had my Glock under the seat cause the dog was beyond repair but still very much alive and in pain. So if you ask me packing heat can be very usefull in many ways.
----------------------------
I

#145370 - 03/17/02 03:14 PM Re: Why people pack heat?
Jett'in Fool Offline
Parr

Loc: Vancouver
Is there such a thing as a Concealed Permit for all 50 states? If so, where to get it?

Fool

#145371 - 03/17/02 03:22 PM Re: Why people pack heat?
Duck In The Fog Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Yakima Wa. U.S.A.
People who pack guns must be trying to make up for the size of there manlyhood. No reason to carry unless you live a life of paranoia. Absolutely no reason to pack a gun. Most guys don't have the -uts to pull the trigger anyway. (I'm sure they'll be some of you that'll say they will (yeah right ) grow up boys. Men don't need to pack. The Duck

#145372 - 03/17/02 03:27 PM Re: Why people pack heat?
Jack Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Gig Harbor
Jet, what Fish'n said is correct. Hurry up and get that paperwork in, an arrest for that is a pain if you know what I mean. Jack

#145373 - 03/17/02 03:27 PM Re: Why people pack heat?
Blkbrant Offline
Parr

Loc: vancouver wa
DM-Good thing Glocks are high capacity. That way you can make sure you save a couple to put between your moron "bud's" eyes for killing his dog by driving around with it unsecured in the back of his truck.

Some people should not be allowed to own dogs.

#145374 - 03/17/02 03:50 PM Re: Why people pack heat?
Jett'in Fool Offline
Parr

Hey Duck,
Have you seen Deliverence? I'm not sqealin for nobody! You attitude may bite you in the a$$ someday.

#145375 - 03/17/02 04:08 PM Re: Why people pack heat?
Stillyman Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: Arlington
Yes, in some cases a gun can be very usefull. On the river however is not one of those cases. Of all the poeple that go fishing each yaer, how many times has someone been mauled or shot(not counting Alaska). It doesn't happen. The only incident I have ever heard of was the recent one in Florida where someone was killed during an arguement over a fishing spot or something. One incident out of millions of fishing trips doesn't justify carrying a gun on the river. I don't know if I have ever heard of a cougar or another animal in the lower 48 attacking a fisherman either.

My fists or mace is all the protection I'll ever need on the water. Whats the world coming to when one needs a gun to go fishing.

#145376 - 03/17/02 04:51 PM Re: Why people pack heat?
cowlitzfisherman Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Toledo, Washington
A long time ago on a similar thread I voiced my opinion on this subject so there is no need now to give it again. With that being said, I must say that I am amazed of the amount of fishermen out there that are carrying.

This is a true story; About 2 years ago, a friend and I had walked into the Blue Creek in late February or early March to fish for steelhead. We were there the day before and we had the hole all to ourselves, except for a huge seal that was working on the steelhead. He was even going right up inside the creek chasing fish.

The next day, we went back and my friend brought a "present" with him to give to Mr. Seal. My friend was really shy about giving Mr. Seal "his present" because there were three other fishermen also there fishing that day. None of us knew each other. Just before we left fishing that morning, my friend attempted to deliver his "present" to Mr. Seal.

Mr. Seal didn't want "his present" and hauled his little butt up river in a flash. As we were walking out, we heard two "different" distinct sounding gun shots about 2 minutes apart from the area that we had just left. One sounded like a 32 and the other shot sounded like a 45. Who would have ever though that 2 out of those 3 other people left fishing were packing guns.

Apparently, everybody was waiting for the other guy to give Mr. Seal his "present". The moral of this story...we heard latter, that Mr. Seal got to open up his "present" and it fit him really well!

I always keep my biggest weapon concealed when I am out fishing...It's called "my mind"! It can be far more dangerous then any gun and I always keep it loaded and cocked at all times!

Cowlitzfisherman
Is the taste of the bait worth the sting of the hook????

#145377 - 03/17/02 06:19 PM Re: Why people pack heat?
LittleZoZo Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Rochester, WA USA
Everyone is sitting around,trying to come up with good reasons to carry on the river..... You know, it's really kind of a mute point, because fortunately, we live in a country where a good reason for carrying isn't required. If you dont like the fact that people are carrying on the river, then stop fishing..... Simple as that. Carying a weapon is not a priviledge, it is a right afforded to us by the United States constitution. All of you guys can argue about carrying on the river all you want..... It doesn't really matter if there is no good reason to pack yur gun on the river, We as U.S. citezens have the legal right to carry, and that's reason enough.

#145378 - 03/17/02 06:31 PM Re: Why people pack heat?
Duck In The Fog Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Yakima Wa. U.S.A.
Jett'infool, someday someone Will take your gun away and pistol slap you and your attitude. Maybee you should start calling for your mama now.

#145379 - 03/17/02 07:04 PM Re: Why people pack heat?
cowlitzfisherman Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Toledo, Washington
LittleZoZo

You're absolutely right!

It's a right worth dying for! Many of our grandfathers and their fathers have already done so! I just prefer to use my "mind" most of the time"! If you or I misuse our "right" to use a gun, then our Constitution also has given us a way to fix that problem too, agree?

Isn't that what so many of our forefathers died for?

Do we each need to carry heat when each of us are fishing for our personal protection? That also is a "right" that each "American" can choose to do! Make your own choice, and enjoy the rest of your life!

If given a choice, I will always use my best weapon first (my mind)! If that doesn't work, then there is always the weapons of steel, be it gun, knife, or brass nuckels, or yes, even my shoes!
There is always tomorrow, right?

I am finished commenting on this thread!

Cowlitzfisherman

#145380 - 03/17/02 08:00 PM Re: Why people pack heat?
LittleZoZo Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Rochester, WA USA
Cowlitzfisheran: Yeah, I'm pretty much done with this one too. Good luck on the river!

#145381 - 03/17/02 09:21 PM Re: Why people pack heat?
DM Offline
Smolt

Loc: WASHINGTON
BLKblank
I am with you there wink he is a real moron and shouldnt have animals

#145382 - 03/17/02 10:26 PM Re: Why people pack heat?
Jett'in Fool Offline
Parr

Another internet tough guy rolleyes

#145383 - 03/17/02 11:11 PM Re: Why people pack heat?
kevin lund Offline
Spawner

Loc: gales creek, or
quick!, eveyone grab a tree, there are a $hit load of tree hugers out here tonight. you had better not show up at a gun fight with a knife.

"CAN'T BEAT THE HEAT"
"BOCLMN"
Kevin Lund

#145384 - 03/17/02 11:21 PM Re: Why people pack heat?
Krome Brite Offline
Spawner

Loc: Washougal, WA
Coot and LZZ, Amen on your opinions for carrying when in dangerous 'wildlife' areas. To all the rest of you--[Bleeeeep!] your opinions, [Bleeeeep!] you, and above all [Bleeeeep!] The Constitution. Let's overthrow the f*cking government. HEY, those of you that are getting steamed up right about now, realize that I AM KIDDING! I read and respect your opinions and I made my own judgements that I am sticking to. I have my own opinions and I am entitled to have them...Alright, I know I'm done, how about this thread? Is it about done?! rolleyes

#145385 - 03/17/02 11:22 PM Re: Why people pack heat?
Krome Brite Offline
Spawner

Loc: Washougal, WA
Oh and [Bleeeeep!] you KL if that comment was directed at me! laugh B*tch! :p

#145386 - 03/17/02 11:32 PM Re: Why people pack heat?
Fisherdan Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Auburn, Wa, USA
ZOZO...

You pack a 45 to fish in Washington? That's outrageous! It's inexcusable. Why, there's no need for anything larger than 44 down here.

Fisherdan

#145387 - 03/18/02 12:52 AM Re: Why people pack heat?
G-MAN Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: BELLINGHAM / EVERSON
Fisher Dan, I agree with you on one point, "there is no need to carry anything larger than a .45 down here" But some of us live up "Here" and thus require something alittle bigger than a .45 to properly land our fish. eek Sure the futher south you go, say Oregon, a BB gun is enough fire power to land any fish, isn't that right DJ? laugh laugh
I do carry my shotgun with me alot but it's not for protection it's for Mergansers! mad

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1083 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645291 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |