You're having a good year Uncle Joe bro! .. I've used 'Fly's eggs and they are both pretty and effective - laying them apart on layers of paper towels in a large tuperware container.

The one thing that stands out as correct and obvious here is that what you are most confident in and use most of the time is going to be what you catch most of your fish with. But I had more in mind to compare the overall effectiveness of the 3 items listed, on a 'hookup rate per amount of time used' type of thing. So, for me, this is my observations. ~~~

For fishing steelhead in typical average water conditions:
- average color, between clear and milky green
- average levels and temperatures
- combining both hatchery and native fish success

Given that criteria, I would rate them as follows:
1st - bait
2nd - pink worms
3rd - jigs

Given murky water, the bait has an even bigger advantage. Given low clear water, the 1/8 oz. jigs come into their own. But I am finding different ways to present pink to bright methiolate colored rubber worms, on both jighead hooks and conventional rigging and with some good scent added, that they often rival or outfish bait in a variety of water conditions; but particularly when the water is on the clearish side.

Hard things:
1st - plugs
2nd - plastics (oakies, Spin N Glo, corkies, etc.)
3nd - spinners
4rd - spoons
5th - steelie flies ~~~

If you get the time and are inclined, post your opinions within this above comparo scenerio.