FASTWATER Offline
Spawner

Loc: Place's you only dream about
anyone got a fresh report? thanx.

#149613 - 04/18/02 10:08 PM Re: drano
Rapid Robert Offline
Spawner

Loc: Selah Wa.
today 25-30 boats,water clearing up faster than I thought it would, fishing slow, 10-15 springers landed for both bank and boat anglers.

#149614 - 04/19/02 01:58 PM Re: drano
Bounty Hunter Offline
Smolt

Loc: Sadly in Seattle
Does anyone know if Drano is doable in a car-topper? I'd like to fish it alone, and I'd rather not haul my big boat up. I've got a 12 foot aluminum with little freeboard and an electric motor. I've got a "plan" that doesn't involve trolling so I think I might give it a shot.

#149615 - 04/19/02 02:32 PM Re: drano
Ken M Offline
Fry

Loc: Olympia, WA 98516
yes you can .just stayaway from the middal of the lake in case if the wind picks up

#149616 - 04/21/02 03:08 AM Re: drano
marc Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Turlock, CA
I fished with guide Eli Rico on Friday and brought home 18-20 pound fish. Many of the other boats were not catching much so I feel Eli did well to get me into the fish that were there. The run hopefully will get better as the month goes on. Eli's number is 425-417-0394 if you are interested. I recommend him highly. Tight lines.

#149617 - 04/23/02 11:52 PM Re: drano
marc Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Anybody fishing this week? I hope to go again if the run picks up.

#149618 - 04/26/02 11:22 PM Re: drano
marc Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Anybody been fishing Drano this week? How does it look?

#149619 - 04/28/02 12:16 AM Re: drano
Bene Offline
Fry

Loc: Kennewick
Very slow today with the exception of a good 15 minute bite in the afternoon.

Bene

#149620 - 04/30/02 07:07 PM Re: drano
FASTWATER Offline
Spawner

both the wind and drano have started to turn on so don't put that springer rear away yet guys!!!

#149621 - 04/30/02 07:10 PM Re: drano
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Is anything showing up upstream on the Wind yet?

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#149622 - 05/01/02 10:25 AM Re: drano
salmonbelly Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Kirkland, Wa USA
Drano and Wind are both happening. Was down there last Thurs-Fri and came home with three, my buddy four. Fishing was not fast, but if you hung in, you got fish. Both Wiggle Warts and herring were working. Expect a crowd, and be sure to clear your lines when somebody nearby gets a fish on. It's ridiculous that nobody provides fishing information on this board anymore.

#149623 - 05/02/02 03:39 PM Re: drano
Blkbrant Offline
Parr

Loc: vancouver wa
Salmonbelly - You struck on the main reason that I spend the majority of my computer time on other boards. It seems that a lot of the people here are too afraid to post fishing information.

When they do its, "hey, so-and-so check your e-mail". Same thing on chat. As soon as the subject turns to fishing the "private chat" starts.

This is a good board to find out what people think of rods or hooks or jigs but as far as up to date fishing info, forget it.

And no, I will not be headed for Drano soon, even with over 48,000 springers over the dam the last two days.

By the way, we have been doing pretty good anchored in the Willamette running red prawn/spinners on 40" leader with 36" dropper in 30' of water. Tide change has been the hot bite. Five last weekend, largest 21lbs.

Thanks for one of the few posts with actual fishing info.

#149624 - 05/02/02 06:27 PM Re: drano
KurtF Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Olympia, WA
Waah, waah, waah...Would you like some cheese with that? rolleyes

Guess what guys, it's the Internet! You take what information you can get wherever you get it, and about 10% of the time it's actually real. Doesn't anyone understand that yet? mad

#149625 - 05/02/02 09:41 PM Re: drano
Eastsidefly Offline
Alevin

Loc: Cheney, Wa
For what its worth, I hit the Wind for the first time last Sunday and Monday and it was awesome!! We trolled orange mag warts (big supprise!!) with no weight between 50 feet and 75 feet behind the boat depending on water depth (we found most of our fish between 10' and 18' deep). I added a bit of shrimp flavored smelly jelley to my lure every half hour or so and trolled at a speeds between 1.2 and 2.0 mph.

Early in the morning we found lots of fish stacked in the Wind river channel along the rocky outcrops the bank anglers use. Later in the day, we had better luck trolling the bouy line. I used an old fenwick fiberglass rod with a soft tip and got a majority of the takedowns out of our party of three. One buddy of mine used a very stiff rod the entire first day and got no strikes frown . After switching to one with a softer tip, his luck dramatically improved - take it for what its worth.

One other tip, if you use the same wiggle wart and don't get any strikes after an hour or two, change to a new one. The eye clip on those things is so sensitive that very slight adjustments including hooking a fish or snagging bottom can throw them out of tune making them unattractive to the fish. Check their action at the side of the boat often!!

Overall we boated 11 fish between the three of us in two days including a 42" near 30 lb'er for me. It was a trip I will not soon forget!!

Despite nearly 200 boats on the water, my fellow anglers made me proud. Everyone that I saw was incredibly curtious. When fish were hooked - even in close quarters- everyone made sure to give lots of room for the fight. No kevlar vests or helmets were needed!! For me even 1 of these awesome fish would have been worth the 600 mile drive. With the dam counts through the roof, now I just have to figure out how to get back down there!!

#149626 - 05/02/02 09:44 PM Re: drano
Eastsidefly Offline
Alevin

Loc: Cheney, Wa
For what its worth, I hit the Wind for the first time last Sunday and Monday and it was awesome!! We trolled orange mag warts (big supprise!!) with no weight between 50 feet and 75 feet behind the boat depending on water depth (we found most of our fish between 10' and 18' deep). I added a bit of shrimp flavored smelly jelley to my lure every half hour or so and trolled at a speeds between 1.2 and 2.0 mph.

Early in the morning we found lots of fish stacked in the Wind river channel along the rocky outcrops the bank anglers use. Later in the day, we had better luck trolling the bouy line. I used an old fenwick fiberglass rod with a soft tip and got a majority of the takedowns out of our party of three. One buddy of mine used a very stiff rod the entire first day and got no strikes frown . After switching to one with a softer tip, his luck dramatically improved - take it for what its worth.

One other tip, if you use the same wiggle wart and don't get any strikes after an hour or two, change to a new one. The eye clip on those things is so sensitive that very slight adjustments including hooking a fish or snagging bottom can throw them out of tune making them unattractive to the fish. Check their action at the side of the boat often!!

Overall we boated 11 fish between the three of us in two days including a 42" near 30 lb'er for me. It was a trip I will not soon forget!!

Despite nearly 200 boats on the water, my fellow anglers made me proud. Everyone that I saw was incredibly curtious. When fish were hooked - even in close quarters- everyone made sure to give lots of room for the fight. No kevlar vests or helmets were needed!! For me even 1 of these awesome fish would have been worth the 600 mile drive. With the dam counts through the roof, now I just have to figure out how to get back down there!!

#149627 - 05/03/02 11:43 AM Re: drano
salmonbelly Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Kirkland, Wa USA
Kurt F, if you read between the lines you can usually separate the crap from what's probably true. My point is that there are no secrets anymore, and if you can't talk fishin' what the hell good is a site like this? Thanks for your report Blkbrant. I went back to Wind on Wednesday afternoon and got a pair on herring. One of them dashed into the lines of three people pulling Warts, hooked all three, and they were so cool they pulled up my line, cut their Warts off and I proceeded to catch the fish.

#149628 - 05/03/02 09:00 PM Re: drano
Blkbrant Offline
Parr

Loc: vancouver wa
Salmonbelly - I had the same type of response on the Willamette. Hooked a hot 22lb fish that collected a line from the next boat over before we could get off the hogline. They dropped back with us and kept slack line until we could get their line free. Great guys. We loaned them bait the next day when they ran out.

#149629 - 05/03/02 11:54 PM Re: drano
spawnout Offline
Spawner

Loc: Satsop
'Fraid my experience with Drano crackers was not that good. Fished all day, finally got a fish on, had a couple jerks troll over my line and hook me up, and as they tightlined me and busted me off they commented that they "thought you had that fish under control". Good thing no weapons were at hand. I'm not going back mad

#149630 - 05/05/02 10:56 PM Re: drano
FASTWATER Offline
Spawner

two fish for two rods sat. and sunday still fish there just kind of slowed down most pressure I have ever seen there saturday!!!

#149631 - 05/09/02 12:45 AM Re: drano
marc Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Any reports from this week? How is the fishing pressure?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Iwant2fish
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
3 registered (wolverine, eddie, 1 invisible), 1266 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645418 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |