THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#157969 - 09/09/02 01:04 AM Re: Wooldridge or Alumaweld?
silver hilton Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Out there, somewhere
I want to offer some sympathy to AuntyM. Bad dealer support sucks.

I have a North River with a sport jet. When I bought the boat, on the test drive, it ran rough at about 300 rpm. I suggested that maybe the final 24,000 dollars would not be forth coming until it ran smooth. They had some trouble making it run smooth. I suggested that maybe that particular sportjet was not the one I wanted. They pulled the motor, put another brand spanking new one on, and it's run flawlessly for a year to date. The suspicion was carburation problems in the old one. I love the engine I have now, but the other one had some problems to be sure. Maybe there are some quality issues inthe assembly of the SJ. I don't know.

My dealer, factory outlet for North River in Clackamas. Have heard mostly good things about 3 rivers, but haven't dealt with them, myself.

Aunty, sorry to hear of your woes. Sucks to have a bad running boat.

#157971 - 09/09/02 08:37 PM Re: Wooldridge or Alumaweld?
DOC45 Offline
Egg

Loc: Seattle Wa
Hey JTN:
Ya hard Weatherby shootin' , left handed, Ford driving, all around stud....
Is it true what I heard....using a carrot for a boat plug, from your lunch?!! I hope your bilge pump was working that day, or did ya have to use an empty beer can again....
Yes, your new Arima jet sled made entirely by Labor Ready temp help in the beautiful village of Auburn does rock....but ya gotta get that trailer jack fixed!!! Having to man handle your trailer after digging potatoes all day will not complement your bad back!! By the way....I talked to the JTD, and he agrees...even at the rate you drink, you will never be able to collect a big enough pile of beer cans to SWAP for an Alumaweld.
Got 2 off Bush point on Friday morning...worked the tide change/rip. NICE!! Ya ready to roll?
Love, DOC45.

#157972 - 09/10/02 12:47 AM Re: Wooldridge or Alumaweld?
JTD Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Browns Point,Wa. USA
Wow! Been drinkin' there JNT? Easy there big fella.

I'll have to agree with Doc that you are gonna need alot of beer cans to trade for my old Arima sportjet sled. (It will be missed! frown )

Be careful or we will make you fish all day with a yellow Eagle Claw spinning rod upside-down while wearing a "Fishing and Hunting News " hat in blaze orange, with real foam in the front and mesh in back ( good ventilation is important ) just to get a ride in Doc's new boat. Don't worry you will fit in fine with the rest of the crowd when we drop you off on the first gravel bar with road access. wink
In the legend of King Arthur, the Fisher King was a renowned angler whose errant ways caused him to be struck dumb in the presence of the sacred chalice. I am no great fisherman, and a steelhead is not the covenant of Christ, but with each of these fish I am rendered speechless.

#157973 - 09/11/02 12:19 AM Re: Wooldridge or Alumaweld?
JNT Offline
Smolt

Loc: Steilacoom, WA
DOC & JTD,

Wow! I can't wait to get a free ride to a gravel bar, if it's a bar on the Cowlitz I might get to fish with my UncleDad and my BrotherCousin. When you say I get to fish with an upside down reel, it scares me a bit 'cause I always get mixed up with my reel under my fishin' pole. I wanna try some of the new Vision hooks I hear the are making them out of recycled safety pins that people steal from the Motel 6 and then donate to the company to keep costs down. And how did you know I love them fancy foam front hats? Especially the kind that are blaze orange camo or the new blue woodland urban camo all the kids at the mall are wearing. Geez, guys you sound real knowledgeable about all kinds of stuff. I can't wait to Bass Master hook set on some fish holdin' at Blue crick. Much love

#157974 - 09/11/02 10:38 AM Re: Wooldridge or Alumaweld?
grandpa Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: brier,wa
Boats and motors are like pick up trucks. The owners brag about the decision they made when they purchased a truck or boat. Of course, their choice is the smartest. All trucks and all boats have a problem sooner or later. Some have more problems than others. The key to this is what happens when there is trouble? The service experience will form opinions good or bad much more than the boat itself. I will only say that 3Rivers Marine sells fine boats and they care about their customers. As a sales person I can appreciate a company that really cares for its customers and the guys at 3Rivers do care. For me the customer needs to be king and the price comes second.

....Support the RFA rfawashingtonst.org

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 426 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63786 Topics
645450 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |