Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#158805 - 09/02/02 11:31 PM Sekiu Ride Available
jcw Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Chehalis, Wa, USA
I need a man or two....hmm. Probably should rephrase that. I need a man or a woman or two....oh, hell. What I need are from one to three folks, male or female, people who like to fish that is, to meet me at Seiku on the weekend of the fourteenth for some deadly serious coho fishing. Okay, if I keep this up I'll either get tagged a freak or an illiterate.

Ol’ PT Fishing Nut had planned to go but family duties require his presence in Port Townsand and the guys I fish with from Portland act as if Sekiu is on some other planet. To heck with 'em.

Anyway, I've got the boat. It’s a great old twenty foot Glas Ply in perfect working order, kicker, GPS, VHF, charts, downriggers, hard top, all the required safety gear, humongous fish box, and about three grand worth of fishing tackle. It’ll handle three or four comfortably, (that's me and up to three more people of moderate deminsion) but two can do it easily and three are perfect.

I’ve never fished or boated the area but I’m a good safe boater with many successful trips over the Columbia River and Westport bars in my fishing journal. If the weather looks chancy then we stay on shore, period. I can watch the wind blow with friends and still have a good time. Local knowledge would be helpful but ain’t totally necessary since I known my beans when it comes to salmon fishing. I can follow charter boats as well as the next guy.

I am also looking forward to meeting some more folks from this board. The experience with PT was excellent. So, if anyone is interested answer here or by email.

#158806 - 09/03/02 12:44 AM Re: Sekiu Ride Available
Fish Jesus Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
jcw...that is one heck of an offer!
If I weren't already planning to be up there with my boat on that weekend I would be all over it! wink

I'm sure filling those seats won't be tough! cool

FJ...out.

#158807 - 09/03/02 11:08 PM Re: Sekiu Ride Available
jcw Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Hope you're right FJ but your's is the only response so far.

Come on folks. It's a good ride. I'm a good guy. I take showers and wear clean undies and everything.

I dislike going it alone but have done it before and will again if the need be. Launching and retrieving are the biggest pain.

#158808 - 09/04/02 09:17 AM Re: Sekiu Ride Available
Kramer Offline
Spawner

Loc: GH & PA, WA
I can't believe people aren't jumping on this! Clean undies and everything people!!!!

I would love to do this but my plans for the next 4 weekends are completely shot, but thanks for putting this out there.

#158809 - 09/04/02 11:48 AM Re: Sekiu Ride Available
NewBieFishermen Offline
Parr

Loc: Kent
I don't know the area but if you can't find anyone else to go I will. You can contact me if you want at lofty25@hotmail.com. Thanks,

#158810 - 09/04/02 01:30 PM Re: Sekiu Ride Available
GutZ Offline
The Original Boat Ho

Loc: Bellevue
JCW;
That is the time and place for F6! Come on out and join us. The thread has been active for a while, check it out at
http://www.steelheader.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001783
You will see that there are a number of us "Boat Whore's" around. If you make the same post there, I am almost certain someone will be greatful for the opportunity to get a ride.

#158811 - 09/04/02 10:12 PM Re: Sekiu Ride Available
jcw Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Okayyyy! Getting some response now!

That's right Kramer. I change 'em every Saturday whether I need to or not. I don't break wind very much for an old guy either. Well....kinda depends on what I had for breakfast.

Newbie, I'll email you.

You know what, Gutz. I completely spaced F6 out. I have found that getting old ain't for wimps and I'll turn 59 on September 14 at about 11:25 a.m. or so my mom told me. I'll also go check out that thread.

Thanks to all

#158812 - 09/04/02 11:03 PM Re: Sekiu Ride Available
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

My girlfriend and i would love to go fishing with you! Are there still any open seats? please let us know, thanks Ron

- Albert Einstein.

#158813 - 09/05/02 10:50 PM Re: Sekiu Ride Available
jcw Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Thanks for the response everyone. I think I have my crew figured out except for Thursday afternoon. There should be time for a coho or two so I'll try to find some of the boatless F6 folks. I plan to moor at Olson's through Sunday, fish my few remaining brain cells into oblivion, and meet some of you folks.

If there are easy limits to be had I'll run a coho shuttle and we'll have a high old time. Nothing I like more than seeing new friends enjoy themselves.

Once again, thanks for all the cool response and I hope to meet all of you at F6.

#158814 - 09/09/02 06:30 PM Re: Sekiu Ride Available
NewBieFishermen Offline
Parr

Loc: Kent
Hi, if you still have room for Thursday afternoon, let me know and I will go out with you. I sent you an e-mail today before I read your last post. Thanks,

#158815 - 09/09/02 11:49 PM Re: Sekiu Ride Available
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
Did somebody say "easy limits"? laugh laugh

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
FishTickler, LadyZehe, MADWIZERD
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (stonefish, Krijack), 521 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63789 Topics
645468 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |