LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#167691 - 12/05/02 06:06 AM You don't want to fish with me because...
h2o Offline
Carcass

Loc: Portland
...I'm loud. Not only am I loud but just when you think I've said the most inane thing in the whole world I say something else.

...I'll outfish you and then gloat about it smugly. You'll want to punch me in the face but can't because I'm twice your size.

...you'll outfish me but I will blame you and your early morning 'dawdling' for keeping us from making it to the hole at first light. No matter how wrong I am it will still be your fault.

...I'll tell you how to row your own boat all day long....I will have done everything differently than you and I will make it clear that your poor oarsmenship cost us a multiple hook-up day...

...I'll tell you where the fish are holding in the river even though I've stood in one spot all day long and haven't caught so much as a whitefish. The fish are always holding where I am not...

...I eat beans. A lot of beans...occasionally I'll 'spice it up' with some freeze dried foods, the bears wouldn't even be able to stand my stench....

...after every cast I light another smoke, but only when the wind is blowing it right in your face...

... after I catch a fish I indulge...but will never pass it to you...

...I'll demand that you sprint full tilt down boulder sized, silt covered gravel to get a picture of my four pound Dolly but will be far more interested in not catching fish when it comes time for me to walk ten feet to snap a picture of your twenty pound trophy....

..I'll hand you a camera you've never touched before you in your life and expect a perfect picture. If I don't get it I'll remind you about it for at least three years....

...I'll want to drive four hours each way to fish for three hours and return home. On the way we'll take a shortcut but miss the turn because I am too busy air drumming to something I insisted you'd like but in reality find nauseating...

...I'll catch boots all day long and say 'nice fish' after calling the chromer you just released a boot...

...I'll complain about the declining native run when I have a dead fish on the bank. If someone questions me about it I'll mention that I'm armed....

...I'll insist that we take my truck even though the heater doesn't work, the CD player was stolen and the exhaust leak I've been going to fix for five years blows directly into the cab...

...I'll laugh at my own jokes all day long but say 'huh' every time you say anything...

...I'll forget to mention my 100 pound dog but expect you to row his hyperactive ass twelve miles during spring flows anyway...

...I'll complain about all the people the internet has attracted to my favorite spot but leave my Vibrax packages strewn from one end of the gravel bar to the other...

...I'll stand neck deep, in the middle of the traveling lane to cast to where the fish aren't. If you ask me to move I'll be a dick about it...

...we'll get blown out on a trip we've been planning for five years but I'll insist that there is a bright side...

....I will always be ready two hours after I say I am going to be ready...

...I will post about your failings on the internet, perhaps even mentioning your name and home number, so that every idiot with a computer can tell you how you wrong you are...even though you were fishing when they were posting...

laugh

#167692 - 12/05/02 08:54 AM Re: You don't want to fish with me because...
KNOPHISH Offline
Spawner

Loc: AUBURN,WA,USA
OK. Now tell us how you really feel? laugh
Oh yeah, My chromer boot is way nicer than yours. heh heh

#167693 - 12/05/02 11:13 AM Re: You don't want to fish with me because...
silver hilton Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Out there, somewhere
You forgot about

..your mooching gear all day, while complaining that it's the wrong size and brand

.. you never having bait to bring along, and then never leaving the eggs with your host

.. never buying gas

Man, you do stink. wink

#167694 - 12/05/02 12:40 PM Re: You don't want to fish with me because...
Downriggin Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Marine Area 13
At least he didn't mention drinking all the beer!
beer

....and if those bean farts make it through your waders eek eek eek eek

Downriggin'

Puget Sound Anglers, Gig Harbor Chapter

#167695 - 12/05/02 02:21 PM Re: You don't want to fish with me because...
ONTHESAUK Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Mount Vernon, WA
We didn't go fishing together, but have a feeling that was you long lining me last week. And float fishing over the top of where I was drift fishing. And edging down on top of me a foot or two every cast until I moved above and then you were edging up a foot or two every cast.

#167696 - 12/05/02 03:17 PM Re: You don't want to fish with me because...
h2o Offline
Carcass

Loc: Portland
Yeah...that was me.

#167697 - 12/05/02 04:18 PM Re: You don't want to fish with me because...
MaxMad Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: "the middle kingdom" aka Cheha...
you don't want to fish w/ me just because:

i knocked your last 3 fish off the hook with the net...

#167698 - 12/07/02 12:25 AM Re: You don't want to fish with me because...
ctflyfish Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: ridgefield wa. usa
This could start a new thread called "biggest jerk ever," or something, but here goes:
About 2 years ago, a person in my fishing club kept bugging me to take him to the OP for winter steelhead. So I finally picked him up and drove my driftboat 200 miles to the Hoh, buying gas all the way. I had a cooler of food and some beer for after we got off the water. We fished all day, me on the oars, he in the bow seat, pot shooting the best spots before I could set the anchor. He hit 2 fish, me zero. My eggs. I had prepaid the motel, so that was also on me. Next day, we floated another river for about 8 miles with me on the sticks the whole way. At the pullout, he confessed he couldn't ride a bike, so I hopped on my mountain bike and cruised uphill for an hour while he sat in the bar sucking beer. He hit 1 nice fish, me nothing. You guessed it, I paid for another tank of gass and drove us home. When I dropped him off, he said " thanks for the ride, but fishing was pretty slow."

#167699 - 12/08/02 04:11 AM Re: You don't want to fish with me because...
nutnbutlip Offline
Parr

ctflyfish,

i have been in that situation before. even if it seems odd to 'ask', i think you should always discuss $$ with your fishing partners when expenses are more than routine, unless you are independently wealthy, or agree to that in advance. otherwise you have hard feelings, that persist.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Schmidtm, schmidty, Spinhead
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 903 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |