Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#187857 - 02/26/03 06:37 PM Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal
Kev Offline
Spawner

Loc: Bothell, Wa
Just an FYI, costs will be cheaper if you go 1 color, like Black on white or one color on a white sticker or pre-printed colored sticker. If you go with a sticker in the shape of a fish, you will be looking at a die cutting fee, which can get costly.
Pricing usually stays fairly cheap if you work with what a label/sticker printer has on hand, certain sizes and colors of stickers etc.
For this kind of sticker you'll want something that is weather, water and Sun proof, which will be a few pennies more per sticker, not much.
And last, you have to take in consideration the size, how big?
Bob - I think we have talked printing in the past and if I remember correctly you have a contact, so I don't want to step on toes here. If that's not the case, I can work on some pricing for you, let me know, shoot me some mail and we can discuss further.

Kev

#187858 - 02/26/03 07:12 PM Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal
WaderBurps Offline
Parr

Loc: Everett, WA
I think a patch for vests, hats, or whatever would be cool. To go along with the sticker of course

#187859 - 02/27/03 11:48 AM Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal
JNT Offline
Smolt

Loc: Steilacoom, WA
I like matt b's idea......monochromatic is the way to go. Need to offer in two sizes and two colors each. Smaller for cars/trucks, etc and larger for boats, etc.

Keep working on it....the patch idea is good too. Maybe a low profile tasteful embroidered hat could be an option....just not high foam front and mesh back PLEASE

#187860 - 02/27/03 05:42 PM Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal
ramprat Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Graham
Perfect the way it is matt B. beer I,ll need one for the boat and one for the Truck
Ramprat

#187861 - 03/07/03 05:55 PM Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal
Eddie L Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Seattle,Wa
Back to the top. Just wondering if the decals gonna happin?

#187862 - 03/07/03 06:21 PM Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal
Downriggin Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Marine Area 13
Personally, I would spend a few extra bucks for something that adds a little class. Monochrome is just way too plain.. (My .02)

Regardless, put me down for a few...

Downriggin'

Puget Sound Anglers, Gig Harbor Chapter

#187863 - 03/07/03 09:22 PM Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Loc: Forks, WA & Soldotna, AK
It'll be a go ... I'll look more at designs and stuff next time I get a coiple of days off. Looking at the forecast, that should be in a few days smile and frown

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

#187864 - 03/07/03 09:45 PM Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal
RRR Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: (Tacoma native),San Diego WA, ...
Dis is one damn kool BB.

I would definitely appreciate sum decals/bumper stickers, probably even buy a hat or two ta boot.

Whass wrong w/monochrome? If it is a good logo, it might look better that way -- maybe a lil more "impact".

Wonder if Bob (Da BIG One) had/has any idea what the results (consequences?) of this board(s) would be, when he first started it?

[HEY BOB! Wanna share w/the rest of us what kinda vision -- plans, hopes etc., ya had when ya first started this?]

Bet it is turnin out a lil different than first imagined....

I will bet it is finally startin to pay more n more well deserved dividends both economic AND spiritual (as well as ticklin the funny bone every once in a while -- is that spiritual?)

I certainly hope so, tho we've never met, it seems as if I already know ya; so I believe it couldn't happen to a better guy!

Just like to say thanx, Bob, fer all yer hard work in creatin, and maintainin what is arguably the best fishin BB ever. Look fowrard to meetin ya someday.

As always fellas -- Take Care 'n Tight Lines

Sincerely,
Roger

VERY Homesick in San Diego

#187865 - 03/08/03 09:42 PM Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal
SALMONSLAMMER Offline
Alevin

Loc: GRAHAM---WA.
Hey bob and guys hows it been going... I seen this post and enlisted my son :-) On my next post you shall be seeing some of the finished product.

#187866 - 03/08/03 10:48 PM Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal
bri24 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Renton, WA
I like the patches, nice work. smile

#187867 - 03/08/03 11:48 PM Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal
JohnnyDeep Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Renton WA
Salmonslammer.....one word
beer

#187868 - 03/09/03 11:38 AM Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal
HntnFsh Offline
Spawner

Loc: Toledo Wa
Good job salmon slammer.I like the blue one best.Good colors,easy to read.Next best would be black.

#187869 - 03/09/03 05:31 PM Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal
Josh Offline
Smolt

Loc: Forks
I like salmonslammers ideas, the blue one looks great. but no matter what color we get i think it should have white lettering. It makes it much easier to read.

#187870 - 03/09/03 08:31 PM Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

SS ... I like the basic prmise of these for a patch smile How 'bout a couple of tweaks and we'll see what we think then!

How 'bout losing the "Bob's", we rarely use that other than in offical transactions.

An unitalicized font ... they rarely do well in a circular pattern ... Tahoma is generally what we use in most cases.

Actually, our 800 number is an 866 number ... all those "dish" companies killed eveything else with "fish".

I'd love to see the black one with a red border and white lettering wink

RRR ... Never really had any "plans" really when I firsted whipped up a few pages in 1997. I remeber it took me about two days just to make a couple basic images and get one page together.

Things just slowly grew over the years. It was fun watching the number of pages served up go from a few dozen a day in the early years to abround 20,000+ on an average day in the peak (winter) season now smile

Lots of pro's and con's ... my life has certainly changed, I never imagined how many hours I'd spend working on things when I first started up the site ... but it's certainly a part of my life I enjoy now, even though it has made me wish many a times that there were 30 hours in day smile

Happy to see a group like the WSC springboard out of the foum ... saddened to see others blame fishery woes on the site, but that's nothing new for many of Washington state's anglers.

Often lumped together with F&H News sensationalism, I like to look at things a little differently. Years ago, when I started up guiding, F&H News often called looking for info. Even at that point, I was hesitant to give up specifics ... but they usually had "form articles" already in place where they simply inserted guide's name and river name that was rehashed from previous years anyhow.

The calls from them were fewer and fewer as I made mention to previous editor's how quotes from discussions with them with all be tied together to always make fishing look good regardless of conditions.

That's where my reports page came from ... an honest asseseement of river consitions and basic fishing info. Sometimes good, sometimes bad ... I figured someone was gonna do it and it might as well be a realistic assessment of prospects and perhaps I could educate anglers somewhat as well. I had grown tired of the "fishing is always good, book a trip with me" attitudes and reports that I so often saw.

Some love it, some hate it ... others don't care either way.

There will be a day when we'll see statewide C&R in this state, and it's my hope that the site will be partially to credit for that. When that day comes there will be plenty of fallout, both good and bad, but I've learned to expect that and willingly go forth with an attitude of putting the fish first.

Six year anniversary next month ... hope to celebrate lots more down the road with plenty more fish tales to be told by all!

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

#187871 - 03/10/03 01:52 AM Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal
Stray Cat Offline
Parr

Loc: Lake Forest Park
I am the production manager for a large screen print and embroidery company. I can have stickers, tee shirts, and hats done cheap. I am not looking to make a profit. I have recieved LOTS of good info from all of you, and I appreciate it. I just want to break even. If you guys need help, let me know.

#187872 - 03/10/03 11:39 AM Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal
Kid Sauk Offline
I'm a freak'n CAKE

Loc: Almost on the beach
This is very rough so I apologize for the imperfections, but it's still not bad for 5 min. work, eh? wink

I'll fix it up nass n' purdy if you like the dee-zine, mkay? laugh

Remember that this is going to be a decal, not a business card so I don't think it needs too much info, eh Bob? Plenty of info with a name and web addy and/or phone # for getting attention from potential customers. Remember that it also has to look cool and carry the PP signature red and black (per Bob's request) so it is easily identifiable as PP brethren. Capiche?

My name is Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiddddd.....
KID SAUK!!!!!

#187873 - 03/10/03 11:53 AM Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

I agree with ya there KS .. no need for loads of info ... keep her simple!!

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

#187874 - 03/10/03 11:58 AM Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal
Kid Sauk Offline
I'm a freak'n CAKE

One more design coming, Bob, check back in a couple minutes. Again, I apologize for the rough work, but I don't like to worry about being perfect when working with proofs. The perfectionist in me comes out when I get approval. Right now I just love any excuse to get to work with Photoshop 7.0 hello

I would also like to thank Michael Parker for turning me into a "tech-geek". Getting a new computer today too! And I had to admit it, but I think the new PC will only be a band aid until I get A NEW MAC! Oh my God, Parker, has gotten to me! wink laugh

KID SAUK!!!!!

#187875 - 03/10/03 12:06 PM Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal
Kid Sauk Offline
I'm a freak'n CAKE

Okay, more quick and dirty work, but you get the idea....here ya go laugh

KID SAUK!!!!!

#187876 - 03/10/03 12:18 PM Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal
baddawg Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Everett WA
Great work Kid Sauk! I like the round ones better than the rectangles, they don't look like a bumpersticker, they look more like a club membership sticker.
Already got a spot on the Dawg fish reserved for my PP sticker.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Big Fisher, Satan, Tackle Shack
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 676 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63786 Topics
645450 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |