THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#190717 - 03/15/03 03:39 AM War with Iraq, go or no go?
iamatworkhonest Offline
Parr

Loc: tumH20 wa usa
Just want to see how the reported 60/40 split of Americans plays out with this group of individuals. 60% for 40% against. After all we all know none of us ever have any strong opinions. Let your key be heard.

#190718 - 03/15/03 06:25 AM Re: War with Iraq, go or no go?
micropterus101 Offline
Spawner

Loc: Port Orchard
War! lets kick some arse! well die of old age if we wait for the un.

Confucious say : your best defense is a good offensive. I hope we go kick some N Korean arse too! Fear is no reason to oppose war.

Confucious also say : The only thing you have to fear is fear itself. Meaning If we fail to act because of fear were going to get stomped. IE France

12 years is long enough!

I wonder if the saddam toilet bowl targets are going to get popular again?

Kim jong wonton is going to feel really stupid if he trys to send any missles are way.

We can thank Billy blow job for mess we got now. Did you know he gave up the opportunity to aprehend osama 3 times Sudan offered him on a silver platter!

Do you think N korea benefitted from Billy boys sharing of long range missles with China

I think the human shield thing the liberals are doing is great! the less of them here the better for everything.

We didnt get here sitting on are hands! America is full of bad arses and it seems the world needs to remember that, and seemingly so do some of us.

shoot

#190719 - 03/15/03 11:02 AM Re: War with Iraq, go or no go?
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
This poll results doesn't surprise me a bit......Truth is, in a fight, we as a group would be some pretty tough nuts.....at least those of us who would be left after the internal power struggle.......LOL beer

#190720 - 03/15/03 11:44 AM Re: War with Iraq, go or no go?
HntnFsh Offline
Spawner

Loc: Toledo Wa
Read in the paper the other day that a lot of trhe human shields left because they couldnt be at the spots they wanted to protect.Hospitals food supplies,etc.
Saddam wanted them at sites of his choosing.Prime targets,like arms factories,chemical plants etc.
I laughed my a butt off when I read it.
Couldnt believe their beliefs are only as strong as the position their in.Actually when it comes down to it I could.Lets risk our life only if its not at risk.

#190721 - 03/15/03 11:47 AM Re: War with Iraq, go or no go?
HntnFsh Offline
Spawner

Loc: Toledo Wa
If you voted for war only with U.N. mandate,you may as well vote no war.No way iys passing the U.N. with the mighty French in there.

#190722 - 03/15/03 12:35 PM Re: War with Iraq, go or no go?
h2o Offline
Carcass

Loc: Portland
No artificial wars...if it hadn't have been for 9/11 Dubya would not have had a way to sell this war to the American people.

Still stinging from that slap in the face Americans have too easily bought into their being some connection between the two , Iraq and 9/11 that is.

Coincidental that we started upping the ante with Iraq in the UN on 9/12/02?? I'm sure any emotional connection that resulted from that timing was purely coincidental....

Before some chucklehead gets out his paint brush and starts painting me as some sort of bleeding heart, dove, anti-american whatever...

You are wrong. I am a centrist for the most part...

:p

#190723 - 03/15/03 01:36 PM Re: War with Iraq, go or no go?
Wild Chrome Offline
Spawner

Loc: The Tailout
As small as this world is, I think we need to have world concensus to retain moral authority and be effective leaders. I don't fear war with Iraq so much as with China, N. Korea, Iran. I think this is a big can of worms that could come back to bite us bigtime and threaten our way of life. I also think establishing anti-American sentiment throughout the world cannot help prevent terrorism here. We may take out one potential source of weapons of mass destruction, but create many others. To those who are quick to blame the problem on the "wussy" French, do you remember their stance on Viet Nam, Desert Storm or Bosnia? They fought before us in Viet Nam and with us in the other two. Just my 2 cents.

#190724 - 03/15/03 10:49 PM Re: War with Iraq, go or no go?
silver hilton Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Out there, somewhere
I'm not even sure you need world consensus. I'd settle for 1/3 of the world thinking this was a smart thing to do. As it is, even if this is the right thing, we have used up a lot of political capital that will take us a long time to earn back.

But it no longer matters what I, or any of us citizens think. GW has pretty much said that he doesn't give a **** what we think - he's gonna go kick some ass.

We'll know in six months whether this was smart.

#190725 - 03/16/03 12:33 AM Re: War with Iraq, go or no go?
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
Inspection Teams....

Have you noticed anything fishy about the inspection teams who have arrived in Iraq? They're all men! How in the name of the United Nations does anyone expect men to find Saddam's stash? We all know that men have a blind spot when it comes to finding things. For crying' out loud! Men can't find the dirty clothes hamper. Men can't find the jar of jelly until it falls out of the cupboard and splatters on the floor.... and these are the people we have sent into Iraq to search for hidden weapons of mass destruction? I keep wondering why groups of mothers weren't sent in. Mothers can sniff out secrets quicker than a drug dog can find a gram of dope. Mothers can find gin bottles that dads have stashed in the attic beneath the rafters. They can sniff out a diary two rooms and one floor away. They can tell when the lid of a cookie jar has been disturbed and notice when a quarter inch slice has been shaved off a chocolate cake. A mother can smell alcohol on your breath before you get your key in the front door and can smell cigarette smoke from a block away. By examining laundry, a mother knows more about their kids than Sherlock Holmes. And if a mother wants an answer to question, she can read an offender's eyes quicker than a homicide detective. So... considering the value a mother could bring to an inspection team, why are we sending a bunch of old men who will rely on electronic equipment to scout out hidden threats? My mother would walk in with a wooden soup spoon in one hand, grab Saddam by the ear, give it a good twist and snap, "Young man, do you have any weapons of mass destruction?" And God help him if he tried to lie to her. She'd march him down the street to some secret bunker and shove his nose into a nuclear bomb and say, "Uh, huh, and what do you call this, mister?" Whap! Thump! Whap! Whap! Whap! And she'd lay some stripes across his bare bottom with that soup spoon, then march him home in front of the whole of Baghdad. He'd not only come clean and apologize for lying about it, he'd cut every lawn in Baghdad for free for the whole damn summer. Inspectors my ass... You want the job done? Call my Mother.

beer

#190726 - 03/16/03 02:08 AM Re: War with Iraq, go or no go?
DarinB Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Woodinville
Fun5,

I'll vote for Mothers too go get those "mother-f's! Well, on second thought if we go in send the troops! America needs to be strong right now!
beer Cheers, Darin

"There are two sides to every coin, but yet in still they are the same"
"Courtesy and deference are the oil of society. Be yourself since anonymity breeds obnoxiousness."

#190727 - 03/16/03 02:19 AM Re: War with Iraq, go or no go?
B-RUN STEELY Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: IDAHO
Common Angola ... your with us ain't ya?? common... pleeease... I'll be your friend !!! We look like a bunch of whores going around begging third world countrys to support our mandate because the rest of the world won't.

War with Iraq..whats not to like.. cheap, easy and you get to read the answers from the back of the book. How about taking care of some real issues... North Korea for instance. The world is watching and we are playing the wrong cards.

Hows that tax break workin for ya ??

#190728 - 03/16/03 09:55 AM Re: War with Iraq, go or no go?
egg goober Offline
Juvenille at Sea

toby kieth pretty much states it in his song :we''ll put a boot in your ass, it's the american way! saddam don't know what he is in for

#190729 - 03/16/03 12:09 PM Re: War with Iraq, go or no go?
Old Man Offline
Spawner

Loc: Silver Star,Mt
I always thought this was a fishing board but I could be wrong. Everyone is for going in a kick Iraq's butt. Then North Korea then what is next. France has those weapons so does the English.So do alot of other people. What do you want to do go through one country at a time until they are all thinking like we do. I don't think that would work very well. I blame him father for stopping but he's making to same mistakes his old man did. I'm for live and let live and quit trying to change their way to our way.
mad

#190730 - 03/16/03 01:18 PM Re: War with Iraq, go or no go?
John Lee Hookum Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Area 51
Old Man

You are wise. Thanks for telling it like it is. That is why the masses of humans on this planet feels the same way. thumbs thumbs

The mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of
Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter
of the gods.

-- Albert Einstein

#190731 - 03/16/03 03:25 PM Re: War with Iraq, go or no go?
DarinB Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Woodinville
OldMan,

While I respect your seniority and may life experieces I'm sure I think you are incorrect. A pacifist does nothing to make our world better or improve anything, they only accept what everone else has changed/improved. We must all(peoples of the earth) believe there is a reason in this Universe to stand up for a concept -no matter how vague or undeveloped it may be of -"Rule of Law". We have international law outlining shared and agreed upon beliefs and concepts on how nations need to behave in todays world. The world is a much "smaller" place than it was many years ago. Other nations activities do and can influence the livelyhoods of nations around the globe!(Even ourselves -the U.S.A. we must behave responsibly and follow the laws as they state, it is not just "our-way" but we might see the laws as not being protected...?)

*Case in point, we only need to look at commercial fishing on the high seas to see the impact of some "people-choosing to do -whatever-they wish" and the ramifications of not following agreed upon "rules of International Law". These MUST be respected and abided by(in the end it only serves to hurt us all) otherwise, yes indeed WAR and fighting CAN be the ultimate outcome. What do you think about, let's say "IF" the Chinese and the Tawainese decided they wanted all the salmon, tuna and makerel of "Our"(U.S.) coasts "international-waters" like lets say -150 miles off our Washington coast and netted to their happy hearts content -NO! that is rediculous. Imagine if those same nations also decided to harvest all the grey whales or even some of them -right of our coast just beyond the boarders of our U.S. waters? Do you not think such activity would first start a debate, then a fight then if not respected and followed as the international laws outline a possible war? I think it could be so......

Messages sent out by the world such as 1441 in the UN Charter post a "warning" to nations (such as Iraq) now and in the future that international law is to be repected for it's clear means to an end. And yes, it is right to let nations do as they see fit "within" the confines of their own boarders(which can be unfortunate -human right violations etc.) if it does not have serious potential impacts now or in the future on other nations. (Remember, in th case of Iraq the Gulf War of 1991 which the UN supported and outlined law, President George Bush -Senior acted in "restraint" and di dnot seek American "Imperialism" and a take over -if you will -of Iraq or any part of it. He ultilmately resepected UN Law) Today these same "Laws" and improvements made to them, are being disrespected and ignored by more than just Iraq.

Most importantly nations which have shown to have very "bad" records(credit in the international community) or let's say, "police reports" for the sake of analogy, are to be on probation by all the nations of the world expecting them to behave more responsibly "to" the world community. Now, if nations pose no threat or defience to any of those internationally recognized "Rules of Law", or have no "bad" records -then they should be left alone to live in Peace as they wish and can and should be allowed to govern themselves as such and ordain themselves in any cultural and traditional ways they wish..

Those are my thoughts.......

Good Fishing, Darin

"There are two sides to every coin, but yet in still they are the same"
"Courtesy and deference are the oil of society. Be yourself since anonymity breeds obnoxiousness."

#190732 - 03/16/03 04:09 PM Re: War with Iraq, go or no go?
John Lee Hookum Offline
River Nutrients

rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes beathead sleep sleep sleep

of the gods.

-- Albert Einstein

#190733 - 03/16/03 08:52 PM Re: War with Iraq, go or no go?
Old Man Offline
Spawner

Loc: Silver Star,Mt
Now I'm a pacifist. I've been called a lot of things but not that. I did my thing in the military. But it was a few years ago. I'm not against war but if we go to war have it for something. He hasn't bothered us yet and I don't think that he is capable of getting to us. It seems that he has everybody worried about something that he cannot do. Besides they all like to harrass the big kid on the block. beer beer

#190734 - 03/16/03 10:58 PM Re: War with Iraq, go or no go?
Downriggin Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Marine Area 13
I am neither yea or nay.. But I support whatever decision is made. However, logistically (money) speaking... we have too many assets in the region NOT to do anything at this tenure...

Either do it or send the forces home. It is too costly to sit around and wait!

I have a sneaky suspicion something going to happen this coming week.

Time to short sell all your stocks!

Downriggin'

Puget Sound Anglers, Gig Harbor Chapter

#190735 - 03/16/03 11:48 PM Re: War with Iraq, go or no go?
John Lee Hookum Offline
River Nutrients

Old Man.

Steelnerves, mailed me an E-mail with a threat that I forwarded on to the moderators. He was pissed that I disagreed with him so he use my personal info to attack me. mad I ask that he communicate with me on the baord and not try to pick fights in back alleys (personal E-mail) with people that don't agree with him. eek Post all comments to me in a thread so the moderators can view it.

Thats pretty scary stuff. There are all kinds of wackoo, crazies out there, so I would suggest that you really consider whether to put personal stuff in your info that would allow these things to happen. rolleyes I try to steer clear and avoid direct contact with those types of people. mad Until this happen, I have only recieved constructive and positive supportive E- mail contacts from board members. If you want to discuss and issue with me keep it on the board so all eyes can see.

He probably made the mistake because he in new to the board and has been using it a lot without getting in much fishing. rolleyes It takes longer that 2 months for some of us to get the hang of communicating in Cyber space, in what is first of all a fishing board. There are other boards( non fishing) that may feature a different agenda that caters to those people that think alike and only those people.

I will continue to respect fellow board members without personal threats and will assume that this want happen again. If you have a complaint against someone report it to the moderators. That would be their job to decide if rules are being broken.

Daylight is the best didinfectant, thats why I choose to share with the entire board. thumbs

of the gods.

-- Albert Einstein

#190736 - 03/17/03 12:38 AM Re: War with Iraq, go or no go?
Periwinkle Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Mill Creek, WA
I'm kind of in ageement with 'Downriggin"
neither yea nor nay....but I do know if there is a pending conflict and you blink or step back the *$$ho!s in the world will take it as a weakness!!! (by the way I'm a proud Korea vet)
We just have to trust in the wisdom of our leaders!!!!!!?????? beer

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1384 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |