Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#202691 - 07/04/03 11:02 PM The Bubble
3RiversBasser Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Kirkland
Bigdaddy and i fished the bubble today with limited results. We went 0 for 3 not counting the two shakers i caught. We trolled around w/ Flasher/hoochie, Flasher/Coyote. Saw a couple of fish caught heard of about a dozen more. We got there at 5:30 and left at noon. Saw about 250 boats out there. We just gotta put our time in and we'll get a couple of fish.
Seattle Web Design

#202692 - 07/04/03 11:36 PM Re: The Bubble
fishsteel66 Offline
Parr

Loc: Redmond
put 21 lb in boat about 6:00am. Lost another 20 min later. Had two more hits but no luck. Saw quite a few caught. Much better than last year's opener.

#202693 - 07/05/03 04:16 AM Re: The Bubble
seaweedsam Offline
Smolt

Loc: snoqualmie wa
What Bubble?

#202694 - 07/05/03 05:54 PM Re: The Bubble
chaser Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: marysville,wa
smile Made it out for the opener. Had some misgivings as my designated newbie called and said they wouldnt be able to make it. Started about 4:30am. Had first release on GSB @ 6:00am but no hookup. Got slimed so switched to a new "Super Cop Car" coyote setup and hit the first fish a 12lbr @6:30am. Right back down with the coyote and hit the second fish a 14lbr @ 7:00am. Back to the dock @ 7:30 home by 8:00

#202695 - 07/05/03 11:31 PM Re: The Bubble
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Ahhhhh, damn dog!
Nice fish chaser, i'm from there in marysville also, what kind of a boat do you fish out of? When will ya head out again? Have not fished the bubble yet , but will be out monday, am.

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

I think name-calling is the right way to handle this one/Dan S

We're here from the WDFW and we're here to help--Uhh Ohh!

#202696 - 07/06/03 12:09 AM Re: The Bubble
baddawg Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Everett WA
Fished the bubble on opening and got 1 shaker and 1 long line release (a nice hit with a few decent runs and then my boy had him come unbuttoned). A great day. headed back to the launch at Everett about 11 and was greeted to the site of a big older bayliner (about 24 ft mid 70's era) sitting on the ramp about half way between the water and the top of the ramp. The guy was sitting next to his trailer at the top of the ramp with his "what am I going to do now" look on his face. Don't know how or if he got it back on the trailer. Just a reminder to all to pay attention when you launch and retrieve! Wish I would have taken a camera for a pic or two.

#202697 - 07/06/03 12:48 AM Re: The Bubble
Sullie Offline
Spawner

How deep of water were you guys in and how deep were you fishing?

#202698 - 07/06/03 01:28 AM Re: The Bubble
chaser Offline
Returning Adult

smile Wont get to go out till next friday. Fished down 90ft in 100 plus feet of water. smile Was'nt fishing with the fleet! wink

#202699 - 07/06/03 09:34 PM Re: The Bubble
escapee Offline
Spawner

Loc: Marysville, Wa., USA
fished this morning for 3+ hrs., went 1 for 5, fishing by myself in the green sled, jigging, I can't decide if it was a good day or a bad one!
just out of curiousity, I didn't know there was any place inside the bubble that is away from the crowd

#202700 - 07/07/03 01:39 AM Re: The Bubble
tdickenson Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Seattle, WA
Fished Fri, Sat & Sun. Only had luck when I followed "Chaser's" suggestion... take a newbie fishing. I started fishing the bubble all last year (including opening day with a guide) without a fish on, but Saturday, I got my first AND second Tulalip Kings (see photo). Thanks chaser! Of course, my two friends didn't catch any, but they sure took home some fish!

Trolled Saturday with no luck but saw 5 or 10 caught. Tried jigging for the first time Saturday when I got lucky. Went back jigging with kids for a shorter time Sunday with no hits, and I only saw one fish boated. Still, this is much better than what I saw last year.

Of course, I've still got a few questions...

1. I was jigging around high tide when theoretically the fish are moving in. Would it be worth jigging at low tide? Where?

2. Since I'm still skunked on my downriggers... what leader lengths do you use? I was trying 44" for both spoons and squid with no luck. Any suggestions?

3. I was using a green and white squid. I've heard that all white is good. Is that what anyone uses?

Oh well, now that I've caught one, I'll be seeing you back out there.

#202701 - 07/07/03 03:07 AM Re: The Bubble
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
Hey Chaser Nice Feesh, I'm taking my dad out Friday AM so see you out there.

TDickenson-

I think it is always worth jigging if you are marking fish, if you want to jig at low tide I would putter around a bit until I mark some holding fish then drop in on em.

Leader Lengths should be 36" to 42" with a heavier test to impart a steady, darting action with the hooch. I use a 40lb mono leader.

Whne I fish kings I almost always fish an all white (glo) hoochie. I like white glo with a single green stripe. I found some really nice Yama****a cuttlefish baits at Silver Horde that are lime green, white, with a blue aurora belly that I will try Friday, they are good looking baits.

I have examined some friend's catches who squid fish in Elliott bay alot. The natural squid colors in PS are almost all white with a few stripes, iridescence, and splatter on them.... depending on how pissed off they were when they were caught wink . Makes sense to mimic those colors as much as possible.

#202702 - 07/07/03 09:12 AM Re: The Bubble
DUROBOAT15 Offline
Spawner

Loc: des moines
Nice looking fish guys it looks like the bubble is doing WAY better than last year. beer

#202703 - 07/07/03 09:34 AM Re: The Bubble
Snake Pliskin Offline
Bead

Loc: Duvall
My neighbor fished it and lost two, one to a seal and the other(a big fish, too) to another boat's prop. Some guy ran right over his line! flog

Also, crabbing in 8-2 has slowed down. frown

#202704 - 07/07/03 11:02 AM Re: The Bubble
jeff'e'd Offline
Spawner

Loc: Snohomish, WA USA
Got my 1st Bubble King on Saturday, about 7pm. It was like someone just turned the switch on, and you could see quite a few fish being landed. Boy, was that a good eat'n fish.

web page

#202705 - 07/07/03 11:35 PM Re: The Bubble
chaser Offline
Returning Adult

smile If you look real close at low tide, you'll notice fish rolling on top of the shelf at the entrance to the bay. These fish are in 10ft of water so trolling is out of the question. You could try jigging for them but they are very skittish so motoring around trying to find the schools is also iffy that shallow. Maybe if you had an electric trolling motor smile and then you still have to deal with all the seaweed. Skyguys suggestion about motoring around is a good one and I've used that method succesfully. I usually start in about 35ft of water and watch the sounder as I move around along the edge of the shelf. You'll know when you find a school of kings cause the screen will go black at those shallow depths. Or you can keep an eye on the other jiggers to see where people are hitting fish. Most of the fish will be suspended out in deeper water though so you gotta go find them cause they'll move around with the currents. Nice fish guys, it's always good to hear success stories thumbs

#202706 - 07/07/03 11:36 PM Re: The Bubble
fishjager Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: lynnwood, wa
Went to the parking lot at the bubble on friday, or shall I say I-5. I didn't get to fish long had a minor boat problem. Congradulations to those who scored, and got their poles pulled by the big ones. I did notice a great number of people fishing outside of the boundries set by the game dept. I understand that WDFG is going to be monitoring this. I guess a few were lucky this time. I did get a good limit of crab, so the day was not a complete loss. Remember PFD's and good luck to all!! Keep em tight thumbs

#202707 - 07/08/03 06:13 AM Re: The Bubble
MasterCaster Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Florida
As I have said in previous posts. I am taking vacation the 1st 2 weeks in Aug for the Humpies. Turned my new bride (2 years now) onto salmon fishing and she is damn good at it. She is looking forward to coming back up and I would love for her to catch a King. We will only be there for one weekend, so I might have to take her out to the bubble for a try. Would like to jig, since I get too bored using DR'ers...... Can you please let me know what type/color of jigs you used and the general area you jigged? I do not want to anger the trollers by drifting in their "lanes", so any help to make my sweethearts first attempt at least an enjoyable one would be greatly appreciated!!

Regards!

MC confused wink

"Equal Rights" are not "Special Rights"........

#202708 - 07/08/03 10:36 AM Re: The Bubble
Lifeisgreat Offline
Parr

Loc: Snohomish
baddawg
That was a buddy of mine that dumped his boat on the ramp. He's brand new to the world of boating, he just bought the trailer with teflon skids, just polished the boat. No safety chain attached, and walla you have a boat high and dry. He said he was looking for a good name for the boat, skidder eek is what we settled on. Not to much damaged, besides the pride! Nothing broken that can't be fixed. He'd invited me out to do a little crabbing and bottom fishing, got the call about 1/2 hr later that he had a slight problem! Called a tow truck to have the boat lifted back on the trailer $$$$ later things were fine, Like I told him it could have been the $25,000 model instead of the $2500 he has in the boat. Boy he does like those teflon skids on that trailer, easy on and off!

#202709 - 07/08/03 10:57 AM Re: The Bubble
jeff'e'd Offline
Spawner

Loc: Snohomish, WA USA
My new King trailer has the teflon skids and if you undo the strap too far up the ramp, your boat will come right off. I had one close call, but luckily didn't lose the boat off the trailer and learned my lesson. I personally don't get any amusement or satisfaction at the expense of others....bad things can happen to anyone.

#202710 - 07/08/03 11:48 AM Re: The Bubble
tdickenson Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Seattle, WA
MasterCaster,

I caught my fish on a 2 1/2 oz blue Grim Reaper off the north side of the mouth of the bay.

P.S. Check your e-mail for a question I had sent you.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BigRedHead, Gene, Milton Fisher, Selther, SpinyRayLover
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 1158 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |