My brother and I went fishing up in the mountains above Granite Falls on Thursday and stumbled upon a dirt road going to "Ashland Lakes". We went up there after a 2 mile hike im guessing and fished the first lake with NOTHING at all. The lake looked spectacular its just there was no fish to be seen.

So we walked down another 3/4 mile to the lower Ashland lake and fished there and I caught a nice Cutthroat after only a few casts. We got going after only 10 mins as we knew we had to hike about 3-4 miles back and there are bears in the area so we did not want to be around there when the sun started to set. Then we chose to walk around the lake to see what there was and we ended up in neck high plants and trees, it was bad. We started panicking because it looked like something off discovery channel where the bears always roam around with the gorgeous lake, vegetation in hills, big rocks in hill, etc.

Anyways, has anyone fished these lakes and are they worth going back as I fished the second lake for only a few mins.