Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#217288 - 11/05/03 04:25 PM Re: Bush Salmon Plan
Rory Bellows Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Third stone from the sun
I AGREE WITH ltlCLEO,

THIS WHOLE POST WAS STARTED WITH THE HEADING, "BUSH SALMON PLAN". FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO OPENED GOHARLY'S "SO CALLED" BUSH PLAN--YOU CAN EASILY SEE THAT IT DOESN'T REPRESENT BUSH'S PLAN AT ALL, BUT RATHER SOME TREE HUGGERS INTERPRETATION OF IT IN AN OPINION PAGE LETTER WRITTEN TO THE EDITOR OF A SMALL PAPER.

AS READERS OF LOCAL NEWS PAPERS KNOW --THE EDITORS OFTEN PUBLISH LETTERS OF OPINION SUBMITTED BY THEIR READERS. BUT KEEP IN MIND THEY ONLY REPRESENT SOMEONES OPINION--AND THAT SOMEONE MAY HAVE A POLITICAL AGENDA THAT CLOUDS THEIR OBEJECTIVITY.

DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE--'CAUSE--BLACK AND WHITE DOESN'T ALWAYS MAKE IT RIGHT!

FOR THOSE OF YOU INTERESTED IN FAIR AND BALANED LOOK AT BUSH'S ENVIROMENTAL RECORD, I WOULD INCOURAGE TO LOOK AT BUSH'S OFFICIAL WEBSITE--WWW.GEORGEWBUSH.COM

AS WITH MOST POLITICAL ISSUES WE SHOULD LOOK AT BOTH SIDES OF AN ISSUE--THE TRUTH IS OFTEN SOME WHERE IN THE MIDDLE.

KEEP IN MIND THAT PRESIDENT BUSH IS AN AVID OUTDOORSMAN AND FISHERMAN WHO HAS CAUGHT A LOT OF FISH--THE ONLY THING OUR PREVIOUS "ENVIROMENTALLY FRIENDLY " PRESIDENT EVER CAUGHT WAS AN OCCASIONAL SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASE.

BUSH 2004

"IF YOU DON'T STAND FOR SOMETHING--YOU'LL FALL FOR ANYTHING."

#217289 - 11/05/03 05:59 PM Re: Bush Salmon Plan
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall

#217290 - 11/05/03 06:06 PM Re: Bush Salmon Plan
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
Quote:
Originally posted by SCOWAK:
...SOME TREE HUGGERS INTERPRETATION ...BUT KEEP IN MIND THEY ONLY REPRESENT SOMEONES OPINION--AND THAT SOMEONE MAY HAVE A POLITICAL AGENDA THAT CLOUDS THEIR OBEJECTIVITY.
I think the author's credentials lend much credence to his "opinion and OBEJECTIVITY" (sic).

Alex Uber of Olympia is a professional salmon habitat restoration biologist. He specializes in fish passage barrier projects on Columbia River tributaries and other watersheds in Washington.

Quote:
Originally posted by SCOWAK:
FOR THOSE OF YOU INTERESTED IN FAIR AND BALANED LOOK AT BUSH'S ENVIROMENTAL RECORD, I WOULD INCOURAGE TO LOOK AT BUSH'S OFFICIAL WEBSITE--WWW.GEORGEWBUSH.COM
Oh, please. rolleyes

Again, why is it that anytime the current administration's policies are questioned an immediate reference to Clinton's sex life is presented? It's gotten as pathetic as minorities that constantly play the "race card."

#217291 - 11/05/03 06:41 PM Re: Bush Salmon Plan
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
The answer to that question is quite obvious Harley: FEAR! laugh laugh

#217292 - 11/05/03 07:22 PM Re: Bush Salmon Plan
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

#217293 - 11/05/03 08:34 PM Re: Bush Salmon Plan
eddie Offline
Carcass

Loc: Valencia, Negros Oriental, Phi...
Okay, I've held my tongue for long enough (everybody keeps giving me funny looks anyway eek ) There is so much to agree with and disagree with even in the same post. Logging practices have been beaten to death on this board and yes, I will say that I am bitter over what the logging practices of the 19th and 20th centuries have done to our National Forests and the rivers that run through them. Those criminals (unconvicted) are the real environmental extrimists. But, on to GW - I can see reasons why people support Bush, I don't agree with them but the conservative politics of Bush do appeal to a large part of the population. But, please do not insult my intelligence - this Administrations environmental policies are not good for fish, all the available, good science has proven it to me. Support him if you must, but listen to Salmo - his words are truth.

R.P. McMurphy - One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

#217294 - 11/05/03 08:41 PM Re: Bush Salmon Plan
ET Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma
How can you support democrats when they are the ones supporting the commercial gillnetters in this state? If we let the democrats in this state have their way, we won't be allowed to hunt or fish, but the commercial netters will be allowed to net at will. Who is really protecting our rights in this state? Those evil republicans!

I can not support a party that wants us all dependent on the government, eating granola bars, and riding unicycles. NO HUNTING, NO FISHING, THAT IS THE DEMOCRATIC SALMON PLAN!! Don't forget to support Ron Sims....he really cares.... yeah right.

#217295 - 11/05/03 09:40 PM Re: Bush Salmon Plan
grandpa2 Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Brier, Washington
surecatch
goharley
4salt
salmo
and ,yes, even you Eddie

You all make my head hurt.

Salmo..sometimes your "facts" are ideology based and embellished quite a bit to suit your ideology.

Give me Al Sharpton in 04 because atleast he's funny (he's hosting Saturday Night Live this week). Until then I am wrapping foil around my head to stave off the all that bad Bush karma that you 5 are so certain is raining down on all of us.

#217296 - 11/05/03 09:43 PM Re: Bush Salmon Plan
grandpa2 Offline
Three Time Spawner

Oh I almost forgot....Salmo..I actually listened to you until this post when I realized your political bias punctuates much of your factual ramblings.

#217297 - 11/05/03 09:49 PM Re: Bush Salmon Plan
grandpa2 Offline
Three Time Spawner

Oh Harley..did you ever notice that Bill Clinton's nose looks like a fat penis? So if I call him a lying dickface is that ok?

#217298 - 11/05/03 10:04 PM Re: Bush Salmon Plan
eddie Offline
Carcass

Loc: Valencia, Negros Oriental, Phi...
Grandpa, I must tell you, I laughed out loud when I read you troika of posts. And that's a good thing, when I stop laughing, I think I'll be dead. The tinfoil thing - priceless. beer

R.P. McMurphy - One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

#217299 - 11/05/03 10:23 PM Re: Bush Salmon Plan
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
Grandpa: You can call Bill anything you want. (Although i wonder what he has to do with the bush salmon plan?) At least Clinton would be able to hear you. Now if we were talking about Rush . . .

Can you hear me now . . . too bad, maybe drugs are bad for you???

#217300 - 11/05/03 11:27 PM Re: Bush Salmon Plan
Plunker Offline
Spawner

Loc: Skagit Valley
Thanks Grandpa,

You have put me in a mood to lite and fine to seriously address Mr. Steelheads droll allegations just now.

I'll be back tomorrow. - Plunk

#217301 - 11/06/03 01:36 AM Re: Bush Salmon Plan
B-RUN STEELY Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: IDAHO
Sorry, I am A total Salmo G fan here... I also agree with GO HARLEY on most items.. I am a redneck from a redneck state that grew up in a redneck enviroment....

Early on,, I found out that any Reagan, Bush.. and whoever is next in line... cares nothing about the enviroment.....

Sorry Rush fans..... Me and my kids will vote you out off this planet...

#217302 - 11/06/03 09:41 AM Re: Bush Salmon Plan
Smalma Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Marysville
This discussion clearly illustrates why the sport anglers in the PNW will never be a force in salmon or any other fisheries management issues. Even on board as populated with passionate anglers that care deeply about their fishing and the fish as this can not have a disuccsion concerning the resource's environmental needs without the discussion being immediately diverted into a political debate.

At one time I believed that if folks just had accurate information and an understanding of the processes that shaped fish management that the angling community could come together and become force. Salmo's and other's efforts over the last several years have proven that is not to be.

As a group we are hopeless and are doomed to fighting over the fish crumbs left on the table after other competing users have feasted on all they want.

my $0.02

Smalma

#217303 - 11/06/03 10:08 AM Re: Bush Salmon Plan
grandpa2 Offline
Three Time Spawner

[QUOTE] [/Me and my kids will vote you out off this planet...QUOTE]

Thank you...We need more rednecks like you representing the Democrats....Got one a them ther confedderrat flaggs on yer pick up?

#217304 - 11/06/03 10:17 AM Re: Bush Salmon Plan
grandpa2 Offline
Three Time Spawner

Smalma...this STARTED as a political debate and not a save the salmon debate. It didn't turn into one. I don't really believe there is a sole here who doesn't want to recover the environment and help the fish runs. It is just obvious there are those who disagree about how to do it. I think you have it backwards. Some of the members of the minority drag salmon recovery into their zealous attacks on the president. In fact, I bet you could have a discussion about baby food and the usual suspects would find a way to turn it around into a Bush Bash....I can see it now: "BUSH BABY FOOD PLAN"........." In an article in the New York Times Ted Kennedy reveals that GW is killing all of our babies because his environmental policies are poisoning the baby food."

Salmon fishing and recovery is not doomed just because some good hearted people disagree on politics and religion. That will always be the case.

#217305 - 11/06/03 11:09 AM Re: Bush Salmon Plan
Plunker Offline
Spawner

Loc: Skagit Valley
Smalma,

Please note that the very first post in this thread was meant to do one thing&#8230;
Bash Bush!

It is a political thread initiated in an attempt to divide us politically and move us towards the left. This thread is typical of the attitude of those selfish and outspoken few who wish to impose their own ethics and fishing practices upon the entire angling community and who religiously persecute anyone who does not willingly conform.

It is the united efforts of organizations like Washington Trout, American Rivers, the Audubon Society, the Native Fish Society, the Wild Steelhead Coalition, the Federation of Fly Fishers, Trout Unlimited and others who use (or more precisely misuse) conservation and the environment as an excuse to reduce fishing opportunity and diversity amongst anglers that divides us as a community.

These folks who put the mission before fishin' will continuously attack, bash and redefine everything in their path until their selfish greed for ownership of the resource is quenched. Fishermen and fishing women as a group will never be united so long as so-called fishing groups promote their political and personal issues and seek allocation of the entire resource for themselves to be used in their way only.

Only through groups who promote all fishing styles and work to further fishing opportunities and issues that appeal to all anglers will any semblance of unity be achieved.

#217306 - 11/06/03 11:20 AM Re: Bush Salmon Plan
salmonbelly Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Kirkland, Wa USA
OK grandpa, what positive steps to recover the environment would you propose then? You don't think dams on the Columbia/Snake should have to live up to the Clean Water Act, what then? Give us some specifics about the environment, not Indians or commercial gillnetters, or WDFW or left/right this and that. By the way it's soul when referring to a person, sole when referring to a boot.

#217307 - 11/06/03 11:33 AM Re: Bush Salmon Plan
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
Quote:
Originally posted by grandpa2:
Oh Harley..did you ever notice that Bill Clinton's nose looks like a fat penis? So if I call him a lying dickface is that ok?
rofl You know, you're right. It does kind of look like that. You can call him anything you'd like; you surely don't need my permission, but thanks anyway. wink BTW, if you fold that tin foil just right you can pick up Fox News. smile

I didn't intend for this thread to turn into another major political debate. I was merely pointing out a policy by the current administration that might not be wise. If you're a Bush supporter, that's great. But just because you're a Bush supporter doesn't mean you have to defend every single policy he comes up with. Perhaps you could write him and suggest that he reevaluate the harm the dams may cause to salmon recovery effort. Following anyone blindly because of party affiliation is the most unpatriotic thing an American can do.

ET- how in the world do you equate commercial netters to be the result of Democrats? I don't see how it can be associated with any one party - seems like it's caused more by greed than anything.

But if I had to attach a political affiliation to netters I'd follow this logic: Netting is BIG business with few restraints; who supports big business with few restraints for profit? Dems or Repubs?

Plunker - you have obvious issues with paranoia. You really should speak with a professional. Your posts are becoming contradictory and rambling.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Mr.Salmon, TheDude, WazzuKid
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 281 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645430 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |