Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#232604 - 02/12/04 12:22 AM Re: no more WILD fish pics
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
I'll just add it to the list of regs that don't get enforced, and give Sparkey a pat on the back........he's trying, which is more than most do. It's still just window dressing to me though.

I'll just live with it......and you'll hear me "whine" about it no more forever.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#232605 - 02/12/04 12:34 AM Re: no more WILD fish pics
B. Gray Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle, WA USA
beer

Wurd

#232606 - 02/12/04 05:00 AM Re: no more WILD fish pics
elkrun Offline
Spawner

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
Quote:
Originally posted by Sparkey:

I was, plain and simple, fed up with the how so many handled wild steelhead on the rivers. And I found a way to do something about it...plus, do not forget, many others sent in similar proposals.
Do you honestly think these people will change how they handle the fish??? Hell, most dont even read the regs! This is just another example of the govt writing a law they cant enforce! Dont break your arm patting yourself on the back with this one.... its a dumb rule, and it shows the stupidity of the people making the decisions... hell, they cant even make a dent in poaching on the Quilcene, what make you think this will make any kind of difference?

#232607 - 02/12/04 10:11 AM Re: no more WILD fish pics
Bruce Pearson Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Auburn, WA USA
I'm just glad I'm not handicapped, because this rule seems to discriminate against our handicapped friends.

#232608 - 02/12/04 11:45 AM Re: no more WILD fish pics
Bruce Pearson Offline
Returning Adult

Here's a picture of one of my friends. I don't think I need to tell you what he thinks of the new rule.

#232609 - 02/12/04 10:03 PM Re: no more WILD fish pics
nwmallard Offline
Fry

Loc: Wenatchee, WA
Oh boy ----

I'm pretty sure the commission did not think about handicapped anglers (along with alot of other things) when they put this rule into effect. And before somebody says it's hard for a person in a wheelchair to fish a steelhead stream, keep in mind there are plenty of anglers who are handicapped that are not in wheelchairs - but do have limited mobility. In other words - a net comes in real handy for them.

Sparkey - where art thou now???

Or is it... where art thee...I dunno, English never was my strong point.

JK

#232610 - 02/12/04 10:07 PM Re: no more WILD fish pics
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Loc: Forks, WA & Soldotna, AK
NwMallard ... Here we go again. Just as I mentioned, an overreaction. No removal from the water does NOT mean you cannot net a fish.

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

#232611 - 02/12/04 10:44 PM Re: no more WILD fish pics
Sparkey Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Western Washington
Quote:
Originally posted by elkrun:
This is just another example of the govt writing a law they cant enforce! Dont break your arm patting yourself on the back with this one.... its a dumb rule, and it shows the stupidity of the people making the decisions... hell, they cant even make a dent in poaching on the Quilcene, what make you think this will make any kind of difference?
First of all, nowhere am I giving myself credit for this new regulation. Many on this board started referring to it as 'Sparkey's Law' and direceted their disaproval at the regulation with me. I just stood up in defense of the regulation.

As a matter of fact, on another board, a member there thanked and congratulated me for getting this new regulation passed. I corrected him in that I did nothing more then send in a proposal and then send in a letter encouraging the Commission to pass the new law when the proposed regulation made it into the packet (which many others did).

And secondly, I will never oppose a regulation on the basis of "Oh...they won't enforce it anyways" or "Ohh...we dont have enogh enforcement" etc. etc. etc. That is one slippery slope I do not want to go down...

#232612 - 02/13/04 03:18 AM Re: no more WILD fish pics
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

huh NO MORE WILD FISH PIC's?

I think these would still qualify:

As long as the adipose doesn't show, I suppose any picture could pass as "legal".... here's one more shot of the same fish:

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#232613 - 02/13/04 08:41 AM Re: no more WILD fish pics
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
Nice pics

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#232614 - 02/13/04 11:06 AM Re: no more WILD fish pics
cowlitzfisherman Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Toledo, Washington

Is the taste of the bait worth the sting of the hook????

#232615 - 02/13/04 01:07 PM Re: no more WILD fish pics
Bruce Pearson Offline
Returning Adult

I don't think the handicap issue is overreaction. I think it was a major oversight by the commission. Being able to use a net does not help people with certain disabilities.

I don't disagree with the good intent of the ruling, I just think it wasn't very well thought out.

#232616 - 02/13/04 01:26 PM Re: no more WILD fish pics
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
beathead Pictures of Wild Steelhead should not be shown on any of the Forums or for that matter in the magazine "Salmon, Trout, Steelheader".

If they would not allow or put these pictures in either the forums or magazines, then much of the reason for taking pictures would be lost. Maybe a general policy of just hatchery steelhead should be the rule. That would eliminate a person saying it was "caught on the Lower Quinault or on some Canadian river.

The memories of the river, the setting, the friends, and the challenge of the fight should be enough, not "picture so maybe it will be posted in a forum or make the front page on some magazine".

"Worse day sport fishing, still better than the best day working" hello

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#232617 - 02/13/04 03:26 PM Re: no more WILD fish pics
bob b Offline
Smolt

Loc: Eugene,Or.
Oregon is moving closer to the same law,new this year "should not be removed from the water."

I agree with the Wash. regulation and believe both states should expand it to include trout and salmon.

#232618 - 02/13/04 04:51 PM Re: no more WILD fish pics
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: The right side of the line
Handicap people cannot use a dowel with a hook or a net?

Hey I cannot drive with my feet with out getting a ticket but a handicapped person can.

No one has a tag on their butt when born guaranteeing life is fair an equitable. It's just life.

BTW my dad is completly paralyzed with MS and used to fish 100 days or more a year. He would love to have the problem of figuringout how to release a fish.

#232619 - 02/13/04 04:58 PM Re: no more WILD fish pics
Bruce Pearson Offline
Returning Adult

I just think there should be some kind of exemption for them. I'd be suprised if that weren't challenged.

#232620 - 02/13/04 10:55 PM Re: no more WILD fish pics
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Quote:
Originally posted by cowlitzfisherman:
Time for CPR! laugh
You are absolutely correct CFM:

Catch...Photo....Release...

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#232621 - 02/14/04 04:44 AM Re: no more WILD fish pics
STIHLHEAD Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: W. WA
Quote:
history has shown over and again that every true visionary started his illustrious rise to recognition as a heretic.
eek sleep

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Schmidtm, schmidty, Spinhead
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (wolverine), 1141 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |