Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#269058 - 07/23/04 05:03 PM Timing is everything
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
This is almost getting comical. :rolleyes:

The first thing the Bushies will claim is, "He had to of served or he wouldn't have gotten paid." Yeah, right. Anyone that's served an appreciable time in the military knows the pay system wouldn't screw up, right? Geez, just look at what the NG and USAR are going through now.

#269059 - 07/23/04 05:34 PM Re: Timing is everything
h2o Offline
Carcass

Loc: Portland
How dare you insinuate Bush is a draft dodger.

#269060 - 07/23/04 06:12 PM Re: Timing is everything
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: The right side of the line
Kerry or GW's military histories are a big deal with a very small % of the population. Most of them homeless :p

#269061 - 07/23/04 06:31 PM Re: Timing is everything
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
TK: Funny though, how big a deal the conservatives made out of Clinton's draft dodging.

Seems less important now, I guess?

#269062 - 07/23/04 07:05 PM Re: Timing is everything
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Quote:
Originally posted by Theking:
Kerry or GW's military histories are a big deal with a very small % of the population. Most of them homeless :p
Wow, I didn't realize the GOP was such a small percentage of the population, and that they are homeless to boot. As I recall, they were the ones making a pretty big deal about Kerry's anti-war activism upon returning from actually fighting in a war, questioning his medals, questioning his wounds, yada, yada, yada. ;\)

#269063 - 07/23/04 07:12 PM Re: Timing is everything
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: The right side of the line
GH,

You forgot the context. Kerry and his boys made an issue of GW's service as a continuation of what Gore started 5 years ago. I can promise you GW's team was not the fist to bring it up.

#269064 - 07/23/04 08:07 PM Re: Timing is everything
h2o Offline
Carcass

This thread goes no further until Elvis finally admits Dumbya dodged the draft.

THEN we'll argue context.

#269065 - 07/23/04 11:02 PM Re: Timing is everything
Rory Bellows Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Third stone from the sun
Come on Dave--you're too talented of a writer to throw a softball like that.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Vedder:

TK: Funny though, how big a deal the conservatives made out of Clinton's draft dodging.

Seems less important now, I guess?
-----------------------------------------------------------

It's also funny how liberals didn't seem to think Bill Clinton (who was a true draft dodger) was any less suited to be President than the true WWII hero's Bush 41 and Bob Dole--but now when they think it's politically advantageous they try to make a big deal of the fact that Bush 43 served in the National Guard and received an Honorable discharge vs. Kerry serving in Vietnam for four months.

For all of you convinced that being a decorated Naval Officer automatically makes you a good president--keep in mind that Jimmy Carter ( John Kerry's political soulmate) was a highly decorated Naval Officer.

Did his impressive Naval career make him a better U.S. President than Ronald Reagan?

Was he better at dealing with Islamic extremists than Ronald Reagan?

Do you remember how when Ronald Reagan (whos's own military career wasn't nearly as impressive as Carter's) who had vowed he'd NEVER negotiate with terrorists was only 20 minutes away from being inaugurated and assuming the duties as Commander and Chief when the hostages were "miraculousy" released after being held hostage for 444 days while Jimmy Carter ( John Kerry's political soulmate) had tried to negotiate their release as Commander and Chief?
------------------------------------------------------------

You see the terrorists realized that one man wanted to have a talk (negotiate) and maybe a hug, and the other vowed that he WOULD NOT negotiate and that I'll Take Care Of Business! Like it or not, that's the only kind of "talking" terrorists understand.

Terrorists don't respect much less fear someone who wants to negotiate with them or promisses they'll bow at the alter of the U.N. and ask for France's permission before
they'll ever considering protecting their countries interests.

I believe if somehow the Islamic terrorists that took the Americans hostage in Iran could have voted in the 1980 Presidential election,he would have voted for Jimmy Carter.

I have no doubt that if Osama bin Laden is alive and could somehow vote absentee ballot for the upcoming 2004 Presidential election he would vote for John Kerry.

I say this with confidence because Osama bin Laden, like all terrorists follow the human instinct to take the path of least resistance and would much rather "deal" with someone who wants to talk (negotiate) and hug them than someone who vows to destroy them.

In a few days Ted Kennedy, former Klu Klux Klansman Robert Byrd, Phil Donahue and the rest of the like minded "enlightened people" will be having their convention in Beantown--You'll see the two decorated Naval Officer's-- John Kerry and his political soulmate Jimmy Carter.

What they did while they served in the Navy was admirable--what they did or would like to as Commander and Chief in dealing with Islamic terrorists with negotiations (only after getting France's permission)--did not and would not keep American citizens safe here or any where else in the world.

Just something to ponder for any undecided boats out there looking for safe harbor.

#269066 - 07/24/04 12:11 AM Re: Timing is everything
h2o Offline
Carcass

Again so that we all can hear you.

George Bush is a draft dodger.

We can argue how important it is in the context of this election once we get past that fact.

#269067 - 07/24/04 01:21 AM Re: Timing is everything
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Ahhhhh, damn dog!
Isn't if funny how some people like to point out the dirty closet in some one els's house, and yet they don't really want people to look into how dirty their's is..................Almost like some religious people (judge not lest ye be judged), like to point the finger first. ...........Fishy..........

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

I think name-calling is the right way to handle this one/Dan S

We're here from the WDFW and we're here to help--Uhh Ohh!

#269068 - 07/24/04 01:44 AM Re: Timing is everything
Rory Bellows Offline
Three Time Spawner

Quote:
Originally posted by Somethingsmellsfishy:

Isn't if funny how some people like to point out the dirty closet in some one els's house

It's even funnier watching Somethingspellsfishy attempt to spell simple words correctly and put them together in a complete comprehensible sentence form.

#269069 - 07/24/04 10:08 AM Re: Timing is everything
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Dang. Looks like it was premature ejaculation again by the Bushies. Keep trying, though, odds are you'll get something right.

By the way, ChickenHawk, you should do yourself a favor and unplug your computer, box it up, and give it to someone that really understands what's going on in the world. If you actually brought credibility to these discussions it would help immensely.

By the way,

Quote:
Originally posted by SCOWAK:
It's one thing to attack a persons politics--it's quite another to personally attack a person because of their politics.
I'm trying to help, really I am. \:D

#269070 - 07/24/04 11:45 AM Re: Timing is everything
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Scowacko, it is a given that sometimes in my haste, I do make spelling errors.
But I would rather continue to make all of my hasty spelling mistakes that to show my true colors, like you. You call yourself a christian, yet you seem to be the first to throw stones, and want to go into battle, start a fight, and put someone down for having a differing opinon than you.
One of the greatest things about this country is that two people can have different stances on a subject, complete opposite ends of the spectrum. Debating strenuously trying to sway the other into thinking the same as them, all the while upholding a certain decorum. You have managed to stomp,trample and circumvent that decorum, all while professing a belief to view others through christian eyes. Even as a none christian I find that offensive, I am sure there a others here as well.
SO go ahead an laugh, guffaw and chortle away at my hasty typing errors, and we will continue to see you for the person that you really are.
Fishy.......

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

#269071 - 07/24/04 12:49 PM Re: Timing is everything
John Lee Hookum Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Area 51
GH

I'm trying to help, really I am.

This Scowako (SCOTT) is a real classic. I look forward to putting eyes on such a tool. SCOWAKO is a real nut case and shows how important it is that Mental Health Resouces get funded.

Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of
Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter
of the gods.

-- Albert Einstein

#269072 - 07/24/04 04:46 PM Re: Timing is everything
Rory Bellows Offline
Three Time Spawner

Quote:
Originally posted by goharley:

Keep trying, though, odds are you'll get something right.

If you actually brought credibility to these discussions it would help immensely.

By the way,

I'm trying to help, really I am.--goharely \:D

Dear goharley,

As someone who strives to be a life-long learner, please tell me how my last well articulated and outlined post comparing John Kerry to his political soulmate and fellow decorated Naval Officer Jimmy Carter was untrue or uncredible. I would prefer if you did this line by line.

Please attempt to do this without resorting to small-minded childish name calling, but through the use of adult behavior level debating skills stating facts that I or someone else can research on the internet.

In doing this you will be effectively attacking my personal politics without belittling yourself personally attacking me because of my politics by using sophmoric, "I know you are- but what am I" type of lines.

It has become apparent that when I provide facts that you and others can't dispute, you like some others become agitated that light was shed on to the darkness of of a failed idea or policy. Then when agitated by being unable to refute and attack the stated facts you resort to attacking me personally for my my politics and the fact that I make no apologies for being a Christian.

I personally don't believe you are an unintelligent person--I just think that some of your political therories are framed more by emotion rather than logic. However, if taught effectively I could be helped to learn differenlty.

I look forward to reading your post. I know you're really just trying to help, so I'll thank you in advance. \:\)

Wackos

#269073 - 07/25/04 01:02 PM Re: Timing is everything
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Your comparison between Carter and Kerry does not make Kerry like Carter, but that they shared a certain like history. If you want ot compare like histories, compare Dumbya with any other draft dodger. Then after that comparison we should sue him for collecting his pay while being awol.
It is not a wonder why the rest of the world looks at us like we are insane at times. The defenders of Democracy, and yet we did not have it here in this country.We should have the U.N. monitor this election, just as they would any embattled country that has just been unencumber'd of a Despote!.......Fishy.....

#269074 - 07/25/04 03:33 PM Re: Timing is everything
Rory Bellows Offline
Three Time Spawner

"If you want ot compare like histories, compare Dumbya with any other draft dodger."--Somethingsmellsfishy

If you go slow and sound out all the big words Fishy, you'll see that I did compare Bush 43's military record with that of a true draft dodger- Bill Clinton.

Quote:
Originally posted by SCOWAK:

It's also funny how liberals didn't seem to think Bill Clinton (who was a true draft dodger) was any less suited to be President than the true WWII hero's Bush 41 and Bob Dole--but now when they think it's politically advantageous they try to make a big deal of the fact that Bush 43 served in the National Guard and received an Honorable discharge vs. Kerry serving in Vietnam for four months.
[/QB]

I find it ironic that liberals (who generally look down at the thought of a strong, well funded and prepared U.S. military) are now concerned about a potential president's military career, but did not think it was so important in 1992 or 1996.

Clinton's own military contibutions amounted to the 'don't ask-don't tell' policy and having the occasional intern make his "little soldier" solute, and they (liberals) thought he was well suited to assume the duties of Commander and Cheif.

.....at ease "little soldier!" Now where's my cigar?

#269075 - 07/25/04 04:42 PM Re: Timing is everything
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

I understood everything your little mind conjured up to speak, yet have yet to hear anything resembling intelligence, or an objective look at the truth. No where did i defend Bill Clinton,(but lets face it, his indiscretions did not get anyone killed). You blather and contend that you are the enlightened one, yet your actions here on this board have created nothing but a miasmic environment...........Fishy.
Get a clue, you get so many negative comments because of your negative,self-obsorbed, self-obsessed opinions.

#269076 - 07/25/04 07:04 PM Re: Timing is everything
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Ya see, Chickenhawk, your last post proves you're ill-informed. Two statements you allude to be fact and both are incorrect. Your grasp of most issues is far too shallow to be taken seriously in any discussion. You've proved that over and over in your posts.

I'm not doing your homework for you, nor am I going to educate you by analyzing every line you post. You're a conservative, try taking a little personal responsibility for a change.

#269077 - 07/25/04 11:23 PM Re: Timing is everything
h2o Offline
Carcass

No way GH.....why take personal responsibility when you can just blame Clinton?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Budman, fishmonkey
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1075 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63780 Topics
645398 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |