Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#278570 - 07/05/05 03:21 PM Thoughts on W's possible impeachment
eddie Offline
Carcass

Loc: Valencia, Negros Oriental, Phi...
There has been a lot of noise recently about GW being impeached. Standard reasons used are:

1. Lying to the American public to get us involved in Iraq.
2. The Valerie Plame (sp?) affair.
3. Being a general dumb*ss.

While certainly no supporter of W and clearly dismayed by what the GOP did with Clinton and impeachment, I would caution all that impeachment and conviction should be a well thought out, sober action that needs to be weighed in regard to the general good of the Nation.

Impeachment of the President has happened 3 times in our history and never has the Senate convicted. The Senate probably would have convicted Nixon, but he resigned prior to that happening. In both the modern cases, the opposition party held the majority in the House when Impeachment was debated. So, in W's case, he is really only at risk of impeachment if the Dems can take control of the House in the 2006 election.

If the Dems do win the majority in the House, I would strongly caution them not to impeach. It would set our system on its ear if they did that. We would not only have Election cycles, but impeachment cycles as well. Just as many thought that Clinton's impeachment was payback by the GOP for Nixon's impeachment, we would run the risk of Government by brinksmanship and revenge.

Just some random thoughts by someone who thinks that W deserves to be impeached and convicted, but thinks that it is better for our Nation to leave well enough alone. BTW, I think W might be able to beat reason #3. \:D

R.P. McMurphy - One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

#278571 - 07/05/05 03:41 PM Re: Thoughts on W's possible impeachment
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: The right side of the line
Eddie,

When did you start writing for Al Franken? or did you come across some serious BC bud?

#278572 - 07/05/05 03:44 PM Re: Thoughts on W's possible impeachment
eddie Offline
Carcass

TK - No, I have not started ghostwriting for Franken and my BC bud days are long gone.

#278573 - 07/05/05 04:02 PM Re: Thoughts on W's possible impeachment
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Sorry Eddie, I have been in Idaho for the last few. The most liberal thing I saw was one lone Kerry Edwards sticker on a beat up ol Toyota. Couple of Indians driving it with gray pony tails and smoke pouring out the open windows. The only Rdio station that would come in was a FOX station out of Boise and all they talked about where something called a Butt Monkey. . So if the impeachment talk coming from the local starbucks and college campuses I may have missed it.

#278574 - 07/05/05 04:07 PM Re: Thoughts on W's possible impeachment
eddie Offline
Carcass

I'm surprised that Fox has not been covering it. After all, they are "fair and balanced"

#278575 - 07/05/05 04:14 PM Re: Thoughts on W's possible impeachment
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

My son who is 6 asked me " is this the radio where every one calls in and tells lies to each other?"

So we switched to CD and listened to the entire Who catalog the rest of the trip. Much better!

#278576 - 07/05/05 04:30 PM Re: Thoughts on W's possible impeachment
eddie Offline
Carcass

That reminds me of my favorite Who Story - The Who were playing a gig somewhere in Middle America and the lads had the music up a touch loud in their room. The manager of the Hotel was called and politely requested of Keith Moon to turn down the noise. Keith got a quizzical look on his face, then proceeded to trash the room, throw everything he could out the window to the swimming pool some floors below and generally run amok. When he was finished he turned the music back up and said to the Hotel Manager - "That was noise, this is the f**king Who."

Ah - simpler times......

#278577 - 07/05/05 04:41 PM Re: Thoughts on W's possible impeachment
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

We reenacted a Who hotel room story at the Best wWestern in Coeur d alene Idaho after seeing the Kids Are all right in 1979. A friend made the mistake of passing out in front of the candy counter at the theater after throwing up all over the floor. We took him back to the hotel and all the furniture in his room went out the window 7 stories into the pool. My wife says my friends and I invented Jackass we just did not have video recorders in those days.

#278578 - 07/05/05 07:23 PM Re: Thoughts on W's possible impeachment
B-RUN STEELY Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: IDAHO
I paid for a trashed Hotel room in 1983. It was on a ski trip to Jackson Hole. After who knows how much alcohol at the Cowboy bar.. we had an WWF type wrestling match at the room that got out of hand.. The cops came.. we went to jail.. We had to pay.. 2,852 to be exact

To this day my buddie says " God damn it I know that T.V was working when they hauled us outa the room because I remember looking back and it was on..."

#278579 - 07/05/05 07:59 PM Re: Thoughts on W's possible impeachment
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Where ya been Brun. Hows your mom?

#278580 - 07/06/05 09:05 AM Re: Thoughts on W's possible impeachment
B-RUN STEELY Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: IDAHO
I have been pretty busy this summer. I have been working in Manasses Va. My mom died at the end of Feb . Pretty much right on schedual from diagnosis last March. The whole deal about died peacefully surrounded by family is B.S- In reality, she sounded like a fish out of water blowing bubbles out of her mouth for about the last 15 hours or so. I was pretty sure she drowned. I thought several times about putting a pillow over her head or giving her a mass dose of Morphine, but the Hospis folks said just let it happen as it happens. In the end I was happy for her because the last few months really were hard on everyone most of all her. So now I have my dad who is totally lost and its a job keeping him busy etc. 46 years is a long time to be married to the same person so he struggles.. His buddies have been a big help. I found out over the last year that a few of them that I thought were assholes the whole time I was growing up are actually pretty good people, or at the very least were very good friends to my parents.

Thanks for remembering that. I never mentioned it at the time but its easier to talk about now.

Also did a fly fishing article for the Statesman news paper that was pretty cool. I'll post a link to it when it gets online. Also been going to Cow sales and helping my unkle out a bit on the ranch.. And planning on going to Westport with a bunch of folks from the board here and putting on a puking display second to none in August.

#278581 - 07/06/05 12:53 PM Re: Thoughts on W's possible impeachment
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Brun,

Sorry to hear about you mom. My grandma went the same way and it was a relief when she finally passed. Cow sales are fun. I just had my two herefords break out a few weeks ago and take a run through town. It's funny watching the yuppies reaction to a steer walking through their Desperate Housewife type neighborhoods. Look forward to checking out the fly fishing articles.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
landcruiserwilly, Tom Trune
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 501 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |