Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#279252 - 08/03/05 06:59 PM Re: Death Threats now legal in Olympia
Rory Bellows Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Third stone from the sun
DanS,

Does the Supreme Court have the abilty to rule on the Constitutionalitly of a given law/ precident setting case without having had that case brought before it?

Like Slick Willy used to say, "Focus like a laser beam"---What organization lobbied and fought hard to bring these cases before the Supreme Court and authored papers in their defense?

#279253 - 08/03/05 07:58 PM Re: Death Threats now legal in Olympia
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Who cares? They are asking the SC to interpret THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

Should we just ignore what the constitution says?

I'm not surprised that the point sailed four feet over your head.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#279256 - 08/03/05 09:59 PM Re: Death Threats now legal in Olympia
Rory Bellows Offline
Three Time Spawner

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan S.:

Who cares? They are asking the SC to interpret THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

Should we just ignore what the constitution says?

-----------------------------------------------------

DanS,

So you want Supreme Court judges to just interpet the Constitution and not legislate from the bench?

I take it then you're in favor of overturning Roe v. Wade then and the recent Imminent Domain ruling affirming property seizures that the Liberal members of the court just authored?

If so great!

#279257 - 08/03/05 10:05 PM Re: Death Threats now legal in Olympia
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Quote:
Imminent Domain ruling affrirming property seizures that the Liberal members of the court just authored?
Maybe YOU ought to look again at who voted to give communities the right to take your property, and who dissented. :rolleyes:

Yeah, judges interpret laws. That's what they do. The SC held that a woman has the right to choose an abortion. They INTERPRETED the Constitution as giving women that right. Are you saying it doesn't? If so, then hurry along and go to law school and get yourself appointed to the SC so they can all revel in your legal expertise.

You're just all about shooting the messenger. Or do you hate the Constitution?

#279258 - 08/03/05 10:22 PM Re: Death Threats now legal in Olympia
Rory Bellows Offline
Three Time Spawner

Imminent Domain ruling affirming property seizures that the Liberal members of the court just authored?

Quote:
DanS

Maybe YOU ought to look again at who voted to give communities the right to take your property, and who dissented. :rolleyes:
------------------------------------------------------------

I did, apparently it looks like you didn't.....

Quote:

Writing for the court's majority in Thursday's ruling, Justice John Paul Stevens said local officials, not federal judges, know best in deciding whether a development project will benefit the community. States are within their rights to pass additional laws restricting condemnations if residents are overly burdened, he said.

''The city has carefully formulated an economic development plan that it believes will provide appreciable benefits to the community, including - but by no means limited to - new jobs and increased tax revenue,'' Stevens wrote.

Stevens was joined in his opinion by other members of the court's liberal wing - David H. Souter, Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Stephen G. Breyer. The bloc typically has favored greater deference to cities, which historically have used the takings power for urban renewal projects that benefit the lower and middle class.

Quote:
DanS

Yeah, judges interpret laws. That's what they do. The SC held that a woman has the right to choose an abortion. They INTERPRETED the Constitution as giving women that right. Are you saying it doesn't?
-------------------------------------------------------

Yes, they snuck it through in 1973 on the warped interpetion of privacy--It should be overturned (it eventually will be lessoned at least so that partial birth abortions are not protected) and turned back to the states.

Contrary to what all the 'Vote Your Vagina' militant Suburu Stationwagon crowd says, abortion will still be legal in most if not all states. That's what the framers of the Constitution pushed for (state's rights) and the peoples vote--if enough people vote for something to be legal--then it should be legal.

#279260 - 08/03/05 11:31 PM Re: Death Threats now legal in Olympia
Dan S. Offline

Quote:
they snuck it through in 1973 on the warped interpetion of privacy
They? You mean the Supreme Court?

Warped? So the SC makes an interpretation of the US Constitution, and Rory claims their ruling was warped.

Thanks, but I'll take the word of what the SC says about our Constitutional rights rather than yours, Rory. Unless you have some qualifications I'm unaware of.

Your list of "liberal" judges is a joke. Liberals appointed by Ford, Reagan, and GHW Bush? Sure. Maybe you just think moderate means liberal, since you're so far out there in right-field.

But let me guess.............you know more about the rights of a community to take your property for the benefit of a private entity, and the community itself, than the justices sitting on the SC? I think the ruling stinks too, but that's what rights the government gives to the community, so that's that. I'm not going to cry, snivel, and scream "activist judge!! " about it.

#279261 - 08/03/05 11:33 PM Re: Death Threats now legal in Olympia
VHawk. Offline
River Nutrients

This individual was evaluated and discharged after a mental eval. It was for a judge to decide incompetence not a police officer. His major diagnosis was antisocial personality disorder. That is not a disorder that frees someone from the obligations of following the law. Its formerly known as being a sociopath.
He knew the 'magic words' to get a free meal and a bed. But he used them one to many times. He was not a mental health patient when he made those threats. He was John Q Citizen. Homeless Mr Citizen trying to play the system for room and board. When he decided to use death threats to find a warm place to stay, I figured someplace warm where he could be sodomized might be more appropriate.
The ACLU also protects my rights. I'm not sure if this is anything more then lazy incompetence by the PD. Although I have carried a concealed weapon before ( in Idaho), my salmon bonker would do this guy just fine.
I'm leaving for Sun Valley probably on Friday, and not back until the 14th. There is a camp I've volunteered at for 8 years now. I missed last year and felt guilty about it, they didn't catch fish like usual. Its the biggest fishing opportunity of the year for me. I can't miss it, even if it means not harrassing OPD for a week.

Camp link here

The one armed boy on the homepage fishes like a demon. I met him about 2 years before that pic was taken. When he showed up at the ponds on fishing day I almost crapped my pants. I wasn't sure how to help a kid fish who only had one arm. I didn't need to teach him anything. He would cast out with one arm, wait for the bite, set the hook, and hold the rod between his knees and then reel 'em in.
The old man next to him was upset that a 15 kids had 'invaded' his public pond. It didn't matter that some of them were bald from chemo treatments and radiation therapy. But then he got really pissed when a one armed eight year old boy whooped his ass. Got his limit in just over an hour. That demon boy just smiled at the old fart as he stuck the rod in his back pocket, pulled out his stringer and left.

I wouldn't miss that kind of stuff for all the albies in the world.

Link #2 here

vince

#279263 - 08/04/05 07:34 AM Re: Death Threats now legal in Olympia
VHawk. Offline
River Nutrients

Thanks KK, but I think the original issue was pretty simple. Making threats against another persons life is still illegal. I'm pretty sure that there is no disbute on that point. Anybody that tries to use the biggest words they can misspell is only trying to confuse the issue.

#279265 - 08/04/05 10:48 AM Re: Death Threats now legal in Olympia
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: The right side of the line
AM,

I do not have any issues with women. I justthink men should not act like them and I think women should not act like men. Gender roles are very important to society. There are too many girly men in this neck of the woods and too many women who act like men.

#279266 - 08/04/05 11:31 AM Re: Death Threats now legal in Olympia
grumpyr Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Orygun
Quote:
Originally posted by vhawk29:

"disbute"

Anybody that tries to use the biggest words they can misspell is only trying to confuse the issue.
Sorry, I couldn't resist the irony..
I am a liitle confused at Marsha's claim of the repeal of the second ammendment.
Care to expound on that theory Marsha?
I'm dieing to hear about how the libs snuck a gun ban past all of us neo-con gun nuts while we were distracted with worry over your alledged reproductive rights* \:D
(*not to be confused with actual anti abortion sentiment)
:p
G

"I reject your reality and substitute my own"

#279268 - 08/04/05 11:57 AM Re: Death Threats now legal in Olympia
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

"If more women enjoyed things that men enjoyed and vice a versa, we would have far fewer divorces and far less conflict in this world."

Just the opposite is true. The liberal idea that men and women are one in the same just with different plumbing has created most the family turmoil we see to day. Men and women are wired completely different. All the thinking and rationalizing in the world will never change that.
Men fish/hunt today because they want to getaway and do man things. It is through isolation and being away that men measure and value thier loved ones,historically. So they need their time alone. Women are just the opposite they want closeness and proximity. So men that fish with thier women are generally weaker men and women that fish with their men are controlling and more dominant as a rule. Like I have said before you never see DB's of women floating down rivers fishing, Never see a salmon fishing boat of all women headed to Westport to fish. Never see a pack string of 2 horses and women in the sawtooths elk hunting. If women liked to fish and hunt they would do it with out men. Don't bother naming a womens fly fishing club because they are by far the extreme exception to this rule. Suck on that for a while \:D

#279271 - 08/04/05 12:44 PM Re: Death Threats now legal in Olympia
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

Real men are not macho AM they are just men. But being course you would not kno that. Guys like me allow women to be women and we appreciate them for thier natural feminine traits . We don't try and make them into something they are not. BTW the wife and I have been in marriage counseling for going on 16 years. We started two years before we got married. You only get out what you put in. How much have you put it or did you just take the lets see what happens and hope it works out route?

#279272 - 08/04/05 12:57 PM Re: Death Threats now legal in Olympia
VHawk. Offline
River Nutrients

Grumpy,

I usually catch the typos after I post. Almost everyone of my posts has been edited/corrected by me at least once. I caught my typo just now, and then of course your post. The timing was unintentional, and yes, funny. I left it alone since you caught it first.

TK,

Gender roles are a culturally designated, although influenced by biology. But If I ever have any daughters they will do, and be, whatever it is that pleases them. If anybody tries to stop them from hunting, fishing, or or playing in the Masters they will have hell to contend with, and then me.
And if you don't think women fish on thier own then you don't know about the biggest steelhead tournament in Idaho. Usually 300-350 individuals over the course of a month on the main Salmon.

click here "women with bait"

My GF fishes alone on occasion but prefers not to, because of women-hating individuals like TK and Rory. Or because of unmannered horndogs. I can see why some girls don't fish alone. If I had Rosie Odonnel trying to crawl down my waders whenever I baited up, I'd stay home too. Funny thing is that guys that try and intimidate her off a good spot never do it alone. Its usually 2-3 guys intentionally casting over her line and elbowing in. And it pretty consistent. If I am out of sight for any length of time, the chances that someone will give her a bad time are about 30%.
One of these days its going to cost me a lawyer and some bail money.
I do appreciate those fellows out there that speak up, and call those guys out for what they are...aholes. Luckily good guys outnumber the aholes 2:1 most places.

#279273 - 08/04/05 01:04 PM Re: Death Threats now legal in Olympia
VHawk. Offline
River Nutrients

TK,

Marriage counseling? OMG your killing me. When your ready for a pet therapist call me. I only charge $45 an hour.

Quote:
31 October 2001

This Marriage-Counseling Scam is a Real MoneyMaker

By L. Phillip Udall

There's a sucker born every minute, and as a National Board For Certified
Counselors-licensed marriage counselor, I know that better than anyone. For
22 years, I've bilked troubled couples out of their hard-earned cash by
actually convincing them that their marital problems have a solution and
that I can give it to them. Yep, this marriage-counseling scam is a real
moneymaker!

I hate to give away my secrets, but I'll let you in on the basics, just so
you can see what an amazing racket I have going. It's so simple, anyone can
pull it off.

First, you've got to find a school that offers a master's degree in
counseling. They have them all over the country, and most of them will
accept just about anybody. For just a little bit of money up front ? believe
me, you'll recoup your investment hundreds of times over ? they'll let you
in on all the secrets of the big marriage-counseling swindle. They'll tell
you what to say, show you what books to have lining your office shelves, and
teach you time-tested techniques from all the old pros and big rollers in
the biz.

After you get your degree, the next step is to take the National Counselor
Examination for Licensure and Certification. Once that's done, it's time to
start making the green! Get yourself some puppets and big foam bats and ****
like that. (I'm not going to tell you where I got mine, because I have my
own special type of rag doll I like to use, and I don't want anybody moving
in on my hustle.) Set yourself up in a nice little office with some couches
and lacquered diplomas and a receptionist up front just to make everything
look legit. Then sit back and watch the cash roll in.

I have no idea why this works, but it does. Basically, all you do is sit
there and listen. I'm serious! A good 75 percent of my "job" is listening as
some miserable husband-and-wife team drones on about their problems. Every
once in a while, you say something like, "Well, what are some things Don
could do to make you feel like he appreciates you?" Or, "Don, did you even
know Wendy felt this way?" The rest of the time, it's just keep the eyes
open, nod, and cash the checks.

Last week alone, my haul was a cool $4,500, and I made it just sitting on my
ass. Check this out: These couples pay me $200 an hour, and I get paid
whether I solve their problems or not. If they leave crying their eyes out,
I get paid. If they end up getting divorced... paid!

But, wait, it gets even better. Rather than scam a bunch of couples for $200
and then flee, setting up my "office" on some other corner, I actually stay
in one place and make repeat customers out of them! Some of them, I've had
coming in on a weekly basis for years! So, this month alone, it's $200,
$200, $200, $200... thank you, Mr. and Mrs. Abramson, and don't let the
glass door with my name tastefully stenciled on it hit you on the ass on the
way out.

I know what some of you are thinking. How can you prey on these innocent
people? Hey, I didn't ask them to be born stupid! That's their own damn
fault! Or, as I find out with a lot of them, it's their parents' fault.
(When in doubt, trace it back to the parents.) It's like they're begging to
be ripped off.

Take this one gullible couple I had in here today. The Ortons. The husband
says he feels "smothered." The wife, meanwhile, says she's "not
self-actualized" in the marriage, whatever the hell that means. So I let
them jabber on for a good 20 minutes while I think about the hot speedboat
I'm planning to buy. Finally, I ask, "Well, how much time do you spend
together?" Turns out, they both work out of their home, and not only do they
have no mental or physical boundaries to separate work time and social time,
but they also have almost no autonomous recreational interests.

So what do I do? You're gonna love this. I tell them to take out a piece of
paper and draw up a schedule that includes "Together Time" and "Independence
Time." Do you know how much thought I put into that genius advice? Zero.
Zip. Nothing. For that, I got $200 smackeroos! The best part is, as they
were leaving, I said, "Come back next week, and we'll see how that schedule
is working." Ha, ha! They actually thanked me as they walked out!

As a break from counting my money, I've been working on a book called Family
Foundations: Building The Base That Will Sustain Your Marriage For A
Lifetime. When it hits bookstores, I'll be pulling in the chump change all
across the country. The publisher will do my work and just send me the
check. Ka-ching!

Yeah, I've got a pretty sweet thing going here. Of course, any time you're
running a scam on someone, you've got to keep in mind that it won't last
forever. No matter how good it is, eventually, somebody's gonna sniff you
out. That's why I've been socking away a little of the dough every month,
just in case someone catches on to me. If that day ever comes, you can find
me in Key West, a bottle of suntan lotion in one hand and a drink in the
other.

See ya, suckers!

#279275 - 08/04/05 01:48 PM Re: Death Threats now legal in Olympia
grumpyr Offline
Returning Adult

Quote:
Grumpy,

I usually catch the typos after I post. Almost everyone of my posts has been edited/corrected by me at least once. I caught my typo just now, and then of course your post. The timing was unintentional, and yes, funny. I left it alone since you caught it first.

I'd like to take this opportunity to commend you for caring enough to make the effort
G

#279276 - 08/04/05 01:53 PM Re: Death Threats now legal in Olympia
grumpyr Offline
Returning Adult

Quote:
TK,

Marriage counseling? OMG your killing me. When your ready for a pet therapist call me. I only charge $45 an hour.
Do you think you could break our Mini Dacshund of getting frisky with his blanket ?
If so, it would be worth the coin, every penny !!!

#279277 - 08/04/05 02:45 PM Re: Death Threats now legal in Olympia
Rory Bellows Offline
Three Time Spawner

Vhawk,

Have fun in Idaho, it sounds like you'll be doing a very cool thing at that camp.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RB

Contrary to what all the 'Vote Your Vagina' militant Suburu Stationwagon crowd says

Quote:
AuntyM

Rory, regardless of what I think about those women, the use of that term is pretty offensive to me. I do have a vagina and I vote.

I realize you are resentful of women having equal rights and the right to vote, but you don't have to be such a (d)ickhead and stop using your brain because your masculinity is threatened.

Aunty,

You've made these broad generalization about what I (me) think and/or feel , "I realize you are resentful of women having equal rights and the right to vote before . I challenge you to re-post anything I've written on this board that backs up that assertion.

Basically since I know you can't, if you're going to continue making up false allegtations about me and repete them publically, like the old saying goes...Pull your pants down if you're going to talk out of your a$$! \:D

As for your claim that the word Vagina offends you, I'm sorry--but it's a clinical term and I have seen the bumper stickers (Vote Your Vagina) on cars in Seattle--usually right next to simarily offensive bumper stickers like Kerry/Edwards '04. \:D

If you think I'm making up that slogan/bumper sticker---Here's a couple of websites that talk about the 'Vote Your Vagina' campaign:

http://www.vday.org/contents/vote/media/0406101

http://www.illinoisfamily.org/news/contentview.asp?c=25285

Good day maddam.

#279280 - 08/04/05 04:22 PM Re: Death Threats now legal in Olympia
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

V,

Big diff between a marriage counselor and a PHD psychologist.

"But If I ever have any daughters they will do, and be, whatever it is that pleases them. If anybody tries to stop them from hunting, fishing, or or playing in the Masters they will have hell to contend with, and then me. "

Sure they can do whatever they want it's a free country. But decisions come with consequences. Consequences could be their actions turn off a lot of men and limit their opportunites. Private clubs and orgs are not required to let them do what ever they want. You going after all of them?

#279281 - 08/04/05 04:26 PM Re: Death Threats now legal in Olympia
Theking Offline
River Nutrients

AM

"If there isn't a problem in the first place, why go for counseling?"

I believe that one should be as fullfilled in life as they can be as an individual before they get married and then ultimately as a married couple. That means opening yourself up to the possiblities. My car may run ok but it really runs well when it's tuned up and maintained above the requirements.

#279283 - 08/04/05 05:22 PM Re: Death Threats now legal in Olympia
Dan S. Offline

Quote:
Consequences could be their actions turn off a lot of men and limit their opportunites.
Limit their opportunities to hook up with a knuckledragger who thinks they shouldn't hunt and fish?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Schmidtm, schmidty, Spinhead
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 332 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |