Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#313000 - 09/18/05 01:06 AM Re: Anybody actually fishing? Reports PLZ
VHawk. Offline
River Nutrients

Thanks, thanks, thanks. It totally helps to have all the info possible on what area fisheries are doing. I appreciate all the input. And yes I even think the searun cutts are worth mentioning. They are awesome and beautiful fish.

1. Quilecene...18 pound coho? NO. 3-4 pound coho? Yes. And its slowing down from what was fantastic fishing 3-4 days ago. Also saw alot of chum. Very thin water. Bring your fly gear. And bring your own parking space.

2. Hoodsport...saw chinook hanging around the hatchery. Didn't see any pinks. Locals say its been terrific at times for kings, and then completely dead.

3. Beaches between Annas Bay and Hoodsport.
Looked like schools of coho breezing along the shoreline. I couldn't get to them.

4. Skok...landed 2 fair hooked coho, two fair hooked dark kings. Released plenty of snagged fish. Coho running from 3 to 8 pounds.

AuntyM,

I moved here because of the salmon. I'm going to be a very tired boy by the end of November.

#313001 - 09/18/05 06:01 AM Re: Anybody actually fishing? Reports PLZ
micropterus101 Offline
Spawner

Loc: Port Orchard
hitting the piers before work every day for a limitm of chromer silvers 3 to 7 pounds no hogs yet. all bitting jigs.

#313002 - 09/18/05 06:03 AM Re: Anybody actually fishing? Reports PLZ
VHawk. Offline
River Nutrients

Which Piers?

#313003 - 09/18/05 07:57 AM Re: Anybody actually fishing? Reports PLZ
BennyBlack Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma
I have a report but.........

If I told you, I'd have to kill you!!! If you need reports, you need more time off!!!

JK, go to the Skok. Also the Kalama, Puyallup, Cowlitz, Toutle, your secret river (I don't know how long since you talked to Adam was.......) Killascene, and a bunch of other rivers here in the state. The Lewis will have fish in it too. Timelines. Oh, and every other river that doesn't spark up till Halloween. Oh, and the Nasty..........

I hooked 3 fish in an hour enjoying whicky treats, forking around last night with my G. Good times. Mostly arse boots.

#313004 - 09/18/05 12:59 PM Re: Anybody actually fishing? Reports PLZ
seastrike Offline
Hey Man....It's cool...

Loc: seattle
I dragged my balls around all morning by Meadow Pt. for one 6 lbr (who was caught in the first 20 minutes).

#313005 - 09/18/05 08:19 PM Re: Anybody actually fishing? Reports PLZ
Bank Angler Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Bellevue, WA
I put in about 10 hours on the bank of the Snohomish with 2 friends yesterday. We fished along the Lowell River road and up off Short School road. My buddy got one humpy and that was it. There were plenty of fish jumping, but we weren't alone in our results (lots of boats park in front of where we were off the Lowell River road). We heard of a couple silvers being caught, but all in all just a lot of lock jawed fish.

--Bank Angler

#313006 - 09/18/05 09:06 PM Re: Anybody actually fishing? Reports PLZ
trollin-a-sawbuck Offline
Parr

Loc: North Bend
We did Westpoint this morning.We had 7 take downs and ended up with 3 silvers.1 nice 10lb'er, a 7&a 6. \:\) Great day on the water.Marked alot of fish but not as many hits as i expected.Fish checker told us it was about 1 fish per boat \:\( hopefully the big boys will be here soon.

#313007 - 09/18/05 11:21 PM Re: Anybody actually fishing? Reports PLZ
wdlfbio Offline
Fry

Loc: Olympia, WA
Jigged a bit around Nisqually today at the tide change. Didn't mark fish, didn't see any caught, didn't even smell anything fishy. Saw about a dzn or so other boats. Don't know if they smelled anything either?

#313008 - 09/18/05 11:33 PM Re: Anybody actually fishing? Reports PLZ
nutnbutlip Offline
Parr

trollin.... - glad to hear you had some success, today. we fished in front of Edmonds with the rest of the free world, shipwreck and then finally bailed to PNP where some fish actually were being caught. the conditions there were fantastic for silvers with the rips, bait, outgoing tide, etc., but there should have been a ton of fish there for this time of year. was still fun to troll in front of the old forbes landing dock where we used to limit on silvers and an occasional king in the late 70's/early 80's... - those were the days. \:\) we may hit West Point if it does not pick up further north soon.

#313009 - 09/19/05 02:19 PM Re: Anybody actually fishing? Reports PLZ
landcruiserwilly Offline
Spawner

Loc: Bothell
3 of us drifted the sky on saturday and killed 'em. probably (conservatively) caught and released 40 fish. kept 6 brighter hens for the smoker. no silvers. weather was nice, visibility was good. all in all a really good day on the water. i've been seriously bitten by the 'ol fishing bug now, and have to figure a way to get back out there. \:D

willy

#313010 - 09/19/05 02:25 PM Re: Anybody actually fishing? Reports PLZ
wntrrn Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Edmonds
Nope, haven't been steelheading with the 5 wt. ;\) Haven't been catching anything on it either. ;\)

#313011 - 09/19/05 02:36 PM Re: Anybody actually fishing? Reports PLZ
Happy Birthday The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Rumors have it that I'll actually be on the water tomorrow.

Should be some fish around on that super-secret hush-hush zipperlip river I'm not suppose to ever mention in public.

Should be a nice fat nookie or two waiting for me. Hopefully.

Oh yeah, and the lower Queets has some fish down at tidewater. Probably doesn't help you unless you are from the tribes, have a sled, and are allowed to fish on the lower Queets.

#313012 - 09/19/05 02:41 PM Re: Anybody actually fishing? Reports PLZ
Happy Birthday The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Quote:
Originally posted by BennyBlack:
The Lewis will have fish in it too.
Hey, you said it, not me!

Ok, here's the current skinny on the NFL. Bunch of coho in the river, but as one would expect with low-water A-run coho on the NFL, they are not biting all that readily. I'm sure the snaggers up at the top end of the MeatHole are doing what they do best.

A few nooks are showing up in the usual haunts. Need a sled, and some good eggs for that show. Expect to burn through 3-4 pints of eggs per person per day, as the shiat fish are still in pretty thick. That probably won't change until they release more water from Merwin.

Some days it's good up there, others it's not. Just depends on if a push of fresh fish comes in when you are there.

Not like years past when the NFL was impacted with fish. Numbers are way down, but there are a few to be had.

#313013 - 09/19/05 02:45 PM Re: Anybody actually fishing? Reports PLZ
Anonymous
Unregistered

Went up Sat. afternoon to the mouth of the Toutle/Green with my Son in Law and we were considering chasing some of the Kings. What I saw there really made me wonder.

I know Vince and a couple others like to fish that area, but the 40 or so people I saw there were just out to snag/floss the Kings as they swam by in that small water.

This was my first real exposure to that kind of fishing, but personally, I could see no honor in catching such a proud fish as a King Salmon in that manner. We made a couple half-hearted casts above the masses and left.

We did make a few casts at another pool much lower on the Toutle, but came up empty. Had the place to ourselves for a few minutes...then a crowd arrived and all but pushed us out of the hole.

Not my kind of fishing, in any sense.

Mike

#313014 - 09/19/05 03:25 PM Re: Anybody actually fishing? Reports PLZ
shipyard Offline
Egg

Loc: federalway
Gattors in the lower Stilly. A few over size to weed thru. \:D

#313015 - 09/19/05 03:41 PM Re: Anybody actually fishing? Reports PLZ
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
Fished John's river on Friday we went 3 for 4 all nooks in the 10 to 12 pound range.Fished Willipa on Saturday we went 1 for 1.It was real slow the fish went 13 or 14 pounds only seen 5 or 6 caught during high slack.Didn't really fish on Sunday just went exploring. ;\)
Good luck,
STRIKE ZONE \:D

#313016 - 09/19/05 07:18 PM Re: Anybody actually fishing? Reports PLZ
whiskyfish Offline
Parr

Loc: Sammamish
Had a nice boat outing on the west side of San Juan/Eagle Point on 9/17. Drug everything in the tackle box, at every depth and many speeds. Even straight out into the strait to locate an odd silver or two. Still bubkus. 40 boats? Saw one fish held up for the camera, and the Squalicum harbor checker said one fish for the day. My goodness.

And speaking of cameras...the whale watching boats where spread as far as the eye could see off Eagle. Must have been 50-60 Orcas hanging around. And no not a pod of 5 viewed ten times. I counted 20 surfacing whales in 10 seconds while I spun around the deck.

Can I put the big boat away and grab my shotgun now?

#313017 - 09/19/05 07:56 PM Re: Anybody actually fishing? Reports PLZ
Wsmitty Offline
Fry

Loc: Lake Stevens
Went out again today from 9:00am to 1:00pm. Fished a fairly tight circle from the Ship Wreck to Picnic Pt. Caught and released a small 3lb Silver, then at 11:30 nailed a nice 12lb Silver slab. Puttin' some meat on the BQ tonight !
Saw one other boater at the ramp as we left with a fish. Other then that saw no others caught.

#313018 - 09/19/05 08:01 PM Re: Anybody actually fishing? Reports PLZ
VHawk. Offline
River Nutrients

Mike,

If you stay late into the afternoon/evening you can find water on the Green thats been undisturbed for a couple of hours. Most people like to get up at 4am, but not as many will stay until dusk. I've only been on there once this month, but I would guess that still holds true. When I left the mouth of the Green around 6:30 pm there was nobody on the Green all the way to the hatchery. Saw 10-15 scattered bright coho.

Vince

#313020 - 09/19/05 11:39 PM Re: Anybody actually fishing? Reports PLZ
Anonymous
Unregistered

hood canal has been very very good to me and my dad...

;\)

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BigRedHead, Gene, Milton Fisher, Selther, SpinyRayLover
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Excitable Bob), 1100 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645374 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |