Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#322643 - 12/01/05 10:27 PM true stories from a boating safety deputy
tyeeterror Offline
Spawner

Loc: The Humboldt Nation
It was late in the day a few years back during early fall salmon season on the Klamath river, when I was dispatched to a boating accident way up river. All four of the occupants were accounted for, but on opposite sides of the river. We were able to get them back to the road side, before dark. I talked to the boat owner who told me his newer 20 foot fishrite inboard was pinned against a rock, and partially submerged. This part of the river is in an indian reservation. We made arrangements to meet early the next morning, to see if we could free the boat. That morning I met with the boat owner, who had camped on the river bar than night. He was very excited, as he had checked the accident area this morning, and his boat was gone. He told me he heard an outboard run up river at about 200 am, and come back down about an hour later. He was convinced someone had stole his boat in the night. My gut feeling was the boat had broke free, and sunk. As we were talking, and getting ready to go look for his boat, I heard another boat coming up river. As the boat came into sight, the owner began screaming "thats my boat, thats my boat". I saw a local native driving the boat, with at least 8 kids on board. I waved him over, and he stopped. He told us he had recovered the boat in the middle of the night, and was bringing it back. The boat owner was able to trailer the boat, and leave the area. I later found out this would be good doer had tried to take the boat down river, to the only major boat ramp. I had told several of my guide friends to look out for the boat on the previous day. Apparently he was strongly advised to return the boat. This is just another story with a happy ending. I don't remember ever seeing that boat on the Klamath again.

#322644 - 12/01/05 11:02 PM Re: true stories from a boating safety deputy
seaeagle2 Offline
Smolt

Loc: mountlake terrace
I had a buddy in hight school who's dad had been and Oregon State Trooper / Game Warden. He was out patroling a lake one day and saw a guy chumming by spooning dogfood out of a can. He came up along side the guy's boat. The guy proceeded to eat the can of dogfood, commenting on how it was a quick tasty and cheap meal. After the guy had finished the can, Brett's dad told the guy, " I think this time you'd had enough punishment, but I know what you were doing and if I catch you again, I'm throwing the book at you."

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BigRedHead, Gene, Milton Fisher, Selther, SpinyRayLover
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 410 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |