Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#324185 - 12/16/05 03:01 AM party pooper
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

OK I've already put on my flame retardant suit in preparation for the backlash, BUT....

Perhaps I'm just getting old, or maybe I'm just an ultra right-wing conservative, but I think the "mine is bigger than Mingos" avatar situation is starting to get a little out of hand, guys.

My kids read along with me on this site all the time. I've also got nurses looking over my shoulder at the hospital computer wondering what kind of perverted doc logs into sites like this in the midddle of the surgical work day. Frankly it's pretty pathetic that I have to come up with a lame explanation every time another set of mammaries goes scrolling by.

Not saying you guys can't have your fun, but instead of plastering your melon-clad avatars willy nilly onto every thread on the board, how about starting a "boobathon" thread that nobody has to look at unless they actualy click on the damned thing? How about changing your avatars back to subjects with a little more decorum and class, then just stockpile the sexy images in the special boobathon thread for those who need their daily fix.

Please?

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#324186 - 12/16/05 03:24 AM Re: party pooper
bushbear Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Sequim
....my wife also questioned the avatars when she glanced over my shoulder the other day....I tell folks about the website and encourage them to sign up. I don't tell them about the avatars, but wonder what they think when they log in.

I'm in support of FNP's call for a change.

#324187 - 12/16/05 03:32 AM Re: party pooper
h2o Offline
Carcass

Loc: Portland
i've actually wondered why there isn't a way to just turn off all the avatars in the profile options for users at work.

taken singularly i don't think they're all that bad. me and sol have any sort of interchange tho and it's 'butt, boobs, butt, boobs' heck, sol's avatar alone practically fills the whole screen. god forbid mingo or sunday money should interject. I can see how it'd be a bit much.

I don't mind changing mine.....or is it just the booby ones?

#324188 - 12/16/05 05:20 AM Re: party pooper
VHawk. Offline
River Nutrients

Quote:
How about changing your avatars back to subjects with a little more decorum and class...
If those were the rules we'd never get to see pictures of Parker fishing, or Sol covering his potato threatened man cheeks.

#324189 - 12/16/05 08:46 AM Re: party pooper
Snake Pliskin Offline
Bead

Loc: Duvall
I don't have a problem with the avatars. It's about freedom of choice. If you don't like what's on TV........turn the channel. If you don't like what's on the radio.......turn to a different station. Choose what you want to hear and see.

Unfortunately, sometimes you don't have a choice. Last night I was at Bellevue Square doing a little Xmas shopping and happened to walk BY Victoria Secrets. The mannequins in the windows made me blush. They were far worse than any avatar on this site. And there were moms and kids walking by everywhere.

Tell your nurses to go back to work and why are you browsing fishing sites when at work Doc? How's that for a little backlash?

#324190 - 12/16/05 09:16 AM Re: party pooper
TrollKing Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: seattle
Wow! I thought these were all self portraits. You mean Lupo isn't a hot chick! I had all these fishing fantasies, and now they're, like, wasted!

..and since you've gotten this far...here's a (not very) absolutely true story

I have been so blessed in my life. Great parents, great wife and kids, great job, and a great education.

When my first kid went off to college, I could hardly wait to spend time enjoying my favorite pastime -- bass fishing. I got my own little fishing boat and tried to get my wife to join me, but she just never liked fishing.

Finally, one day at the Bait & Tackle Shop, I got to talking to Tommy, the shop owner, who it turned out loves bass fishing as much as I do. We quickly became fishing buddies. As I said, the wife doesn't care about fishing; she not only refuses to join us, she always complains that I spend too much time fishing.

A few weeks ago Tommy and I had the best fishing trip ever. Not only did I catch the most beautiful bass you've ever seen, only a few minutes later Tommy must have caught his twin brother! So I took a picture of Tommy holding up the two nice bass that we caught and showed the picture to the wife, hoping that maybe she'd get interested. Instead, she says she doesn't want me to go fishing at all anymore! And she wants me to sell the boat! I think she just doesn't like to see me enjoying myself.

What would you do? Tell the wife to forget it and continue my hobby or quit fishing and sell the boat as she insists?

Thanks, A Fisherman

P. S. I have enclosed the picture of Tommy showing off the bass we caught...

#324191 - 12/16/05 09:38 AM Re: party pooper
VHawk. Offline
River Nutrients

Last time I saw Tommy he was still PreOp Tommy the Tranny, evidently the surgery was a success.

And yes dayshift nurses are prudes.

#324192 - 12/16/05 09:44 AM Re: party pooper
TrollKing Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: seattle
I enjoy the avatars, and will live with any embarrasment thus caused. However, in trying to add my avatar to my profile, I noticed that you CAN turn off other folks avatars for when you are viewing posts. Now if we could just assign 'ratings' codes, and you could selectively turn them off.

Personally, anybody whose avatar shows a bigger salmon than any that I have caught I consider insulting and degrading and not appropriate! (just kidding, sort of).

#324193 - 12/16/05 10:14 AM Re: party pooper
Peter Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Gig Harbor,WA
Yeah you can turn off avatars, but cannot turn off that "big-bass" photo above.

I still can't figure out what movie h2o avatar is from?

Yeah, I gotta agree with you there doc. It almost feels like this web site is sponsored by Maxim magazine or something.

Wasn't aware of the "avatar off" option. This will keep me out of trouble if you know what I mean...
Matthew 4:19

#324194 - 12/16/05 10:22 AM Re: party pooper
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
I found the "avatar off" button in "my profile" under "Edit preferences".

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#324195 - 12/16/05 10:49 AM Re: party pooper
Rafterman Offline
Spawner

Loc: Backwoods of Kentucky
Let me start by saying I dont think anybody should change their avatars!

I forgot about the option to turn off avatars of other users. This will be handy at work. It will require me to actually log into the site when I view it at work. But it will keep me safe from the "Prud Police". :rolleyes:
The entire network where I work is monitered by tech's who can see what your surfing.

Dont get me wrong, I love the avatars, but have always been concerned about the growing "zero tolerance" policy where I work when it comes to employee conduct.

#324196 - 12/16/05 10:52 AM Re: party pooper
Sol Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo
Quote:
Perhaps I'm just getting old, or maybe I'm just an ultra right-wing conservative, but I think the "mine is bigger than Mingos" avatar situation is starting to get a little out of hand, guys.
Don't give us that conservative communist bullsh%t, dude. I heard about you in action at the Westport bar-b-que, cussing and dropping F-bombs in front of others kids. Or is it just your kids you worry about? Every time one of you hypocritical self-righteous neo-nazi conservatives open your mouth in favor of censorship, be it in the paper, on the news, in real life or on this board, I want to puke. Give it a break, Sulu. Warp speed straight ahead I say.

#324197 - 12/16/05 10:58 AM Re: party pooper
Rafterman Offline
Spawner

Loc: Backwoods of Kentucky
Quote:
Originally posted by Sol:
Don't give us that conservative communist bullsh%t, dude. I heard about you in action at the Westport bar-b-que, cussing and dropping F-bombs in front of others kids. Or is it just your kids you worry about? Every time one of you hypocritical self-righteous neo-nazi conservatives open your mouth in favor of censorship, be it in the paper, on the news, in real life or on this board, I want to puke. Give it a break, Sulu. Warp speed straight ahead I say.
OUCH!!!That's gunna leave a bruise!!

#324198 - 12/16/05 11:07 AM Re: party pooper
Anonymous
Unregistered

My wife gives me that "high eyeborw" look once in a while...but she also understands that "boys" will be "boys".

Growing up as a moral degenerate in So. Cal. (Newport Beach area) I've seen more mammaries than the average dude, and have come to accept over the years that boobs are boobs..and the big 'uns ain't near as much "fun" as those more appropriate sized for the body they are attached to. I like them just as much as the next guy, but the limit of "what-is-reasonable" was passed by here a long time ago, IMHO.

SOL: I'm glad you know the DOC personally...your comments (and assertions) are way out-of-line. Puke if you feel the need, but this is a forum for literally hundreds of people...not just you and your little clique. Grow up, and get over it. Folks have not said anything to this point just because it often seems that you and your gang run this board...well, it is time for a bit of that same respect as you have been given to be returned.

However, if the forum's owners feel that they want/built this board just for the "gang", then I would like Bob to advise the rest of us that have spent so many hours here, and we will find somewhere else to hang out. Not a problem.

Thanks Doc for standing up for what is reasonably decent. Meek and humble as it is, you are welcome in my boat anytime.

That is all I have to say on the matter.

Mike B (Middle of the road dude who just believes in a reasonable level of commonly accepted decency)

#324199 - 12/16/05 11:17 AM Re: party pooper
Sol Offline
River Nutrients

Quote:
SOL: I'm glad you know the DOC personally...your comments (and assertions) are way out-of-line. Puke if you feel the need, but this is a forum for literally hundreds of people...not just you and your little clique. Grow up, and get over it.
I think it's time for me to put on the earphones and crank up some Metalica. Perhaps a little, "Holier Than Thou." :p

Forum for hundreds is right. Turn the damn avatars off if you guys don't like them.

#324200 - 12/16/05 11:20 AM Re: party pooper
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes, there is an avatar on/off button in everyones profile. Too bad the rest of us have to miss the cool avatars because you think with your winkie instead of your brain.

Metalica was short lived. I'll stick with RUSH, Johnny Winter and the old time Zepplin.

#324201 - 12/16/05 11:22 AM Re: party pooper
wntrrn Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Edmonds
Well said ISO. I'm not in favor of any type of censorship but it's nice when people are willing to show a bit of class in public instead of just saying "f**k you, I'll do as I please".

But, I know with some folks here you just have to look at the source and move on.

The avatars don't bother me but I'm not the only person viewing.

It's just like the guy that pulls up next to you at the stop light with his windows down and thumping sound system going full blast. All he's really saying is that everyone else can just screw off 'cause it's all about me.

#324202 - 12/16/05 11:28 AM Re: party pooper
Sol Offline
River Nutrients

We're the strongest nation in the world. It's the libral boob-loving commanders and ass kickers among us storming the boarders of country's occupied by those that feel like you that give you the freedom you enjoy, and they're listening to Metalica and Maiden when they do it, not RUSH, Jonny Winter and Zepplin.

#324203 - 12/16/05 11:32 AM Re: party pooper
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
WOW,how long till The Big One steps in??.I'm gonna plead the 5th on this one.Both have there points.Good luck,
STRIKE ZONE

P.S. I think the problem would be solved if the big breasted woman were holding up bling bright steelhead/coho & nook's.Then this thread may have never started.

#324204 - 12/16/05 11:38 AM Re: party pooper
SciGuy Offline
Superstar in diapers

Loc: B.I.
"Metalica was short lived."

Good God! I think a little piece of me just died!

I'm with STRIKE ZONE on this matter.

Put 'em back.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BigRedHead, Gene, Milton Fisher, Selther, SpinyRayLover
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
3 registered (20 Gage, seabeckraised, No More Ice Fishin), 1175 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645373 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |