Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#608576 - 06/30/10 07:04 PM Re: The Joke Thread *** [Re: Mingo]
ozzy Offline
Parr

Loc: Auburn wa.
I think we should try to do more for our lovely wives!! Enjoy, Ozzy

ADVICE FROM A RETIRED HUSBAND

It is important for men to remember that, as women grow older, it becomes harder for them to maintain the same quality of housekeeping as when they were younger. When you notice this, try not to yell at them. Some are oversensitive, and there's nothing worse than an oversensitive woman.

My name is Ron. Let me relate how I handled the situation with my wife, Carol Anne. When I retired a few years ago, it became necessary for Carol Anne to get a full-time job, along with her part-time job, both for extra income and for the health benefits that we needed. Shortly after she started working, I noticed she was beginning to show her age. I usually get home from the golf club about the same time she gets home from work.

Although she knows how hungry I am, she almost always says she has to rest for half an hour or so before she starts dinner. I don't yell at her. Instead, I tell her to take her time and just wake me when she gets dinner on the table. I generally have lunch in the Men's Grill at the club, so eating out is not reasonable. I'm ready for some home-cooked grub when I hit that door. She used to do the dishes as soon as we finished eating. But now it's not unusual for them to sit on the table for several hours after dinner.

I do what I can by diplomatically reminding her several times each evening that they won't clean themselves. I know she really appreciates this, as it does seem to motivate her to get them done before she goes to bed.

Another symptom of aging is complaining, I think.For example, she will say that it is difficult for her to find time to pay the monthly bills during her lunch hour.. But, Boys, we take 'em for better or worse, so I just smile and offer encouragement. I tell her to stretch it out over two, or even three days. That way, she won't have to rush so much. I also remind her that missing lunch completely now and then wouldn't hurt her any (if you know what I mean). I like to think tact is one of my strong points.

When doing simple jobs, she seems to think she needs more rest periods. She had to take a break when she was only half-finished mowing the yard. I try not to make a scene. I'm a fair man. I tell her to fix herself a nice, big, cold glass of freshly squeezed lemonade and just sit for a while. And, as long as she is making one for herself, she may as well make one for me, too.

I know that I probably look like a saint in the way I support Carol Anne. I'm not saying that showing this much consideration is easy. Many men will find it difficult. Some will find it impossible! Nobody knows better than I do how frustrating women get as they get older. However, Guys, even if you just use a little more tact and less criticism of your aging wife because of this article, I will consider that writing it was well worthwhile. After all, we are put on this earth to help each other.

EDITOR'S NOTE:
Ron died suddenly on January 31 of a perforated rectum. The police report says he was found with a Calloway extra-long 50-inch Big Bertha Driver II golf club jammed up his rear end, with barely 5 inches of grip showing, and a sledge hammer laying nearby. His wife Carol Anne was arrested and charged with murder. The all-woman jury took only 10 minutes to find her Not Guilty, accepting her defense that Ron, somehow without looking, accidentally sat down on his golf club.

#608783 - 07/01/10 10:38 PM Re: The Joke Thread [Re: ozzy]
John Lee Hookum Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Area 51
Dear Abby,
What can I do about all the Sex, Nudity, Fowl Language and Violence on my VCR?

Dear Abby, I have a man I can't trust. He cheats so much, I'm not even sure the baby I'm carrying is his..

Dear Abby,
I am a twenty-three year old liberated woman who has been on the pill for two years. It's getting expensive and I think my boyfriend should share half the cost, but I don't know him well enough to discuss money with him.

Dear Abby,
I've suspected that my husband has been fooling around, and when confronted with the evidence, he denied everything and said it would never happen again.

Dear Abby,
Our son writes that he is taking Judo. Why would a boy who was raised in a good Christian home turn against his own?

Dear Abby, I joined the Navy to see the world. I've seen it. Now how do I get out?

Dear Abby,
My forty year old son has been paying a psychiatrist $50.00 an hour every week for two and a half years. He must be crazy.

Dear Abby, I was married to Bill for three months and I didn't know he drank until one night he came home sober.

Dear Abby,
My mother is mean and short tempered I think she is going through mental pause.

Dear Abby,
You told some woman whose husband had lost all interest in sex to send him to a doctor. Well, my husband lost all interest in sex and he is a doctor. Now what do I do?

Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of
Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter
of the gods.

-- Albert Einstein

#609098 - 07/03/10 11:26 PM Re: The Joke Thread [Re: ]
big moby Offline
Carcass

Loc: varies
that is just depressing

#611256 - 07/16/10 01:32 PM Jack Daniels Fishing Story [Re: Mingo]
ozzy Offline
Parr

Jack Daniels Fishing Story

I went fishing this morning but after a short time I ran out of worms. Then I saw a cottonmouth with a frog in his mouth. Frogs are good bass bait.

Knowing the snake couldn't bite me with the frog in his mouth I grabbed him right behind the head, took the frog, and put it in my bait bucket.

Now the dilemma was how to release the snake without getting bit. So, I grabbed my bottle of Jack Daniels and poured a little whiskey in its mouth. His eyes rolled back, he went limp. I released him into the lake without incident and carried on fishing using the frog.

A little later, I felt a nudge on my foot. There was that same snake with two more frogs in his mouth.

Life is good in the South.

#611490 - 07/18/10 02:14 PM Re: Jack Daniels Fishing Story [Re: ozzy]
John Lee Hookum Offline
River Nutrients

PHONE REPAIR

Lawrence , Kansas, December 12, 2008

A Kansas farm wife called the local phone company to report her telephone failed
to ring when her friends called - and that on the few occasions, when it did ring,
her dog always moaned right before the phone rang.

The telephone repairman proceeded to the scene, curious to see this psychic
dog or senile lady. He climbed a telephone pole, hooked in his test set, and dialed
the subscriber's house.

The phone didn't ring right away, but then the dog moaned and the telephone
began to ring.

Climbing down from the pole, the telephone repairman found :

1 . The dog was tied to the telephone system's ground wire with a steel chain
and collar.

2. The wire connection to the ground rod was loose.

3. The dog was receiving 90 volts of signaling current when the number was
called.

4.. After a couple of jolts, the dog would start moaning and then urinate.

5. The wet ground would complete the circuit, thus causing the phone to ring.

Which demonstrates that some problems CAN be fixed by pissing and moaning.

of the gods.

-- Albert Einstein

#611551 - 07/18/10 09:39 PM Re: Jack Daniels Fishing Story [Re: ]
Mingo Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kona, Hawaii
CHINESE SICK LEAVE: 'I NO COME TODAY WOK!!!'

Hung Chow calls his work and says, 'Hey, I no come wok today, I really sick. Got headache, stomach ache and egs hurt, I no come wok. '
The boss says, 'You know something, Hung Chow, I really need you today. When I feel sick like you do, I go to my wife and tell her to give me sex. That makes everything better and I go to work. You try that.'
Two hours later Hung Chow calls again.
'I do what you say white round-eye bossman……..me feel great!!!/ I be at wok soon ......... oh yes, one more ting….boss man, you got LEALLY nice house!!! '

#614034 - 08/02/10 10:16 AM Re: Jack Daniels Fishing Story [Re: ]
Mingo Offline
Three Time Spawner

The pastor asked if anyone in the congregation would like to express praise for answered prayers.

Suzie Smith stood and walked to the podium.

She said, "I have a praise. Two months ago, my husband, Tom, had a terrible bicycle wreck and his scrotum was completely crushed. The pain was excruciating and the doctors didn't know if they could help him." You could hear a muffled gasp from the men in the congregation as they imagine the pain that poor Tom must have experienced. "Tom was unable to hold me or the children," she went on, "and every move caused him terrible pain." We prayed as the doctors performed a delicate operation, and it turned out they were able to piece together the crushed remnants of Tom's scrotum, and wrap wire around it to hold it in place." Again, the men in the congregation cringed and squirmed uncomfortably as they imagined the horrible surgery performed on Tom. "Now," she announced in a quivering voice, thank the Lord, Tom is out of the hospital and the doctors say that with time, his scrotum should recover completely....they think he should actually be able to engage in his favorite activities that require a healthy, flexible scrotum!!"

All the men sighed with unified relief.

The pastor rose and tentatively asked if anyone else had something to say.

A man stood up and walked slowly to the podium. He said, "I'm Tom Smith." The entire congregation held its breath. "I just want to tell my wife AGAIN......... the word is STERNUM!!!."

#614041 - 08/02/10 11:39 AM Re: Jack Daniels Fishing Story [Re: Mingo]
SBD Offline
clown flocker

Loc: Water
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEynhtkGkDk&NR=1

Not exactly a joke but funny anyway

There's a sucker born every minute

#614782 - 08/05/10 06:51 PM Re: Jack Daniels Fishing Story [Re: ]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Have you been to or heard about Oakland Aunty? I thought it was pretty funny.

Sg

#616689 - 08/17/10 10:01 AM Re: Jack Daniels Fishing Story [Re: ]
Mingo Offline
Three Time Spawner

Suppose that every day, ten men go out for beer and the bill for all ten comes to $100. If they paid their bill the way we pay our taxes, it would go something like this:

The first four men (the poorest) would pay nothing.
The fifth would pay $1.
The sixth would pay $3.
The seventh would pay $7.
The eighth would pay $12.
The ninth would pay $18.
The tenth man (the richest) would pay $59.
So, that's what they decided to do. The ten men drank in the bar every day and seemed quite happy with the arrangement, until one day, the owner threw them a curve. "Since you are all such good customers", he said, "I'm going to reduce the cost of your daily beer by $20". Drinks for the ten now cost just $80.

The group still wanted to pay their bill the way we pay our taxes so the first four men were unaffected. They would still drink for free. But what about the other six men - the paying customers? How could they divide the $20 windfall so that everyone would get his "fair share?"

They realized that $20 divided by six is $3.33. But if they subtracted that from everybody's share, then the fifth man and the sixth man would each end up being paid to drink his beer. So, the bar owner suggested that it would be fair to reduce each man's bill by roughly the same amount, and he proceeded to work out the amounts each should pay.

And so:

The fifth man, like the first four, now paid nothing (100% savings).
The sixth now paid $2 instead of $3 (33%savings).
The seventh now pay $5 instead of $7 (28%savings).
The eighth now paid $9 instead of $12 (25% savings).
The ninth now paid $14 instead of $18 (22% savings).
The tenth now paid $49 instead of $59 (16% savings).
Each of the six was better off than before. And the first four continued to drink for free. But once outside the restaurant, the men began to compare their savings. "I only got a dollar out of the $20," declared the sixth man. He pointed to the tenth man, "but he got $10!" "Yeah, that's right," exclaimed the fifth man. "I only saved a dollar, too. It's unfair that he got ten times more than I!" "That's true!!" shouted the seventh man. "Why should he get $10 back when I got only two? The wealthy get all the breaks!" "Wait a minute," yelled the first four men in unison. "We didn't get anything at all. The system exploits the poor!" The nine men surrounded the tenth and beat him up.

The next night the tenth man didn't show up for drinks, so the nine sat down and had beers without him. But when it came time to pay the bill, they discovered something important. They didn't have enough money between all of them for even half of the bill!

And that, boys and girls, journalists and college professors, is how our tax system works. The people who pay the highest taxes get the most benefit from a tax reduction. Tax them too much, attack them for being wealthy, and they just may not show up anymore. In fact, they might start drinking overseas where the atmosphere is somewhat friendlier.

David R. Kamerschen, Ph.D.

#617225 - 08/19/10 10:27 PM Re: Jack Daniels Fishing Story [Re: ]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
What do you call a senior housing project that has no bathrooms?
.All Depends

#617287 - 08/20/10 02:34 PM Re: Jack Daniels Fishing Story [Re: ParaLeaks]
SBD Offline
clown flocker

Loc: Water

HER DIARY:

Tonight, I thought my husband was acting
weird.

We had made plans to meet at a bar to have a drink.
I was shopping with my friends all day long, so I thought he was upset
at the fact that I was a bit late, but he made no comment on it.

Conversation wasn't flowing, so I suggested that we go somewhere quiet so we could talk. He
agreed, but he didn't say much. I asked him what was wrong; he said,
'Nothing.' I asked him if it was my fault that he was upset.
He said he wasn't upset, that it had nothing to do with me, and
not to worry about it. On the way home, I told him that I loved him. He
smiled slightly, and kept driving. I can't explain his behaviour. I don't
know why he didn't say, 'I love you, too.'

When we got home, I felt as if I had lost him
completely, as if he wanted nothing to do
with me anymore. He just sat there quietly, and watched TV. He continued to
seem distant and absent.

Finally, with silence all around us, I decided
to go to bed. About 15 minutes later, he came to bed. To my surprise, he
responded to my caress, and we made love. But I still felt that he was
distracted, and his thoughts were somewhere else. He fell asleep - I cried.
I don't know what to do.

I'm almost sure that his thoughts are
with someone else. My life is a disaster.

HIS DIARY:

The boat wouldn't start today and I can't figure out why,
but at least I got laid.

There's a sucker born every minute

#617770 - 08/24/10 08:36 AM Re: Jack Daniels Fishing Story [Re: ]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
Did you hear about the new Pizza called the Obama Pizza?

You pay for an extra large and get a small.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#617877 - 08/24/10 07:15 PM Re: Jack Daniels Fishing Story [Re: ]
willametteriveroutlaw Offline
Spawner

Loc: Idaho
While walking through Golden Gate Park in San Francisco , a man came upon another man hugging a tree with his ear firmly against the tree.

Seeing this he inquired, "Just out of curiosity, what the heck are you doing?"

"I'm listening to the music of the tree," the other man replied.

"You've gotta be kiddin' me."

"No, would you like to give it a try?"

Understandably curious, the man says, "Well, OK..." So he wrapped his arms around the tree & pressed his ear up against it. With this, the other guy slapped a pair of handcuffs on him, took his wallet, jewelry, car keys, then stripped him naked and left.

Two hours later another nature lover strolled by, saw this guy handcuffed to the tree butt naked, and asked, "What the heck happened to you?"

He told the guy the whole terrible story about how he got there.

When he finished telling his story, the other guy shook his head in sympathy, walked around behind him, kissed him gently behind the ear and said,

"This just ain't gonna be your day.........cupcake...."

#619406 - 09/02/10 09:03 PM Re: Jack Daniels Fishing Story [Re: ]
John Lee Hookum Offline
River Nutrients

Morris returns from the doctor

and tells his wife that the

doctor has told him that he

has only 24 hours to live.

Given the prognosis, Morris
asks his wife for sex.

Naturally, she agrees, so
they make love.

About 6 hours later, the
husband goes to his wife and says,

'Honey, you know I now have
only 18 hours to live.

Could we please do it one
more time?'

Of course, the wife agrees,
and they do it again.

Later, as the man gets into
bed, he looks at his watch

and realizes that he now has
only 8 hours left.

He touches his wife's
shoulder and asks

'Honey, please.... just one
more time before I die.'

She says, 'Of course, Dear,'
and they make love for the third time.

After this session, the wife
rolls over and falls to sleep.

Morris, however, worried about his impending death,

tosses and turns, until he's down to 4 more hours.

He taps his wife, who rouses.
'Honey, I have only 4 more hours.

Do you think we
could...'

At this point the wife sits
up and says, 'Listen Morris, enough is enough

I have to get up in the morning... you don't.'

of the gods.

-- Albert Einstein

#620499 - 09/08/10 08:21 PM Re: The Haircut [Re: ]
ozzy Offline
Parr

The Haircut

One day a florist went to a barber for a haircut. After the cut, he asked about his bill, and the barber replied, 'I cannot accept money from you, I'm doing community service this week.' The florist was pleased and left the shop. When the barber went to open his shop the next morning, there was a 'thank you' card and a dozen roses waiting for him at his door.

Later, a cop comes in for a haircut, and when he tries to pay his bill, the barber again replied, 'I cannot accept money from you , I'm doing community service this week.' The cop was happy and left the shop. The next morning when the barber went to open up, there was a 'thank you' card and a dozen donuts waiting for him at his door.

Then a Congressman came in for a haircut, and when he went to pay his bill, the barber again replied, 'I can not accept money from you. I'm doing community service this week.' The Congressman was very happy and left the shop. The next morning, when the barber went to open up, there were a dozen Congressmen lined up waiting for a free haircut.

And that, my friends, illustrates the fundamental difference between the citizens of our country and the politicians who run it.

BOTH POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON!

Edited by ozzy (09/08/10 08:23 PM)

#620649 - 09/09/10 06:01 PM Re: The Haircut [Re: ozzy]
John Lee Hookum Offline
River Nutrients

Two bag lady

A little old lady dragged two large plastic garbage bags behind her.
One was ripped by now, and once in a while a $20 bill fell out on the sidewalk.

A cop came up: "Ma'am, there are $20 bills falling out of that bag."
"Oh really? Darn it!" she said. "Thanks for telling me, I'd better go look for them."

Not so fast," said the cop. Where did you get that money? You didn't steal it, did you?"
"Oh, no, no", said the old lady. "You see, my back yard is right next to the football stadium parking lot.
On game days, a lot of fans come and pee through a hole in the fence, right into my flower garden.
It really ticks me off. Kills the flowers, you know.

So now on game days I stand behind the fence by the hole, real quiet, with my hedge clippers ready.
Every time some guy sticks his thing through my fence, I surprise him, grab hold of it and say,
'O.K., buddy! Give me $20, or off it comes.'

"Well, that seems only fair," said the cop, laughing. "OK. Good luck!"
" Oh, by the way, what's in the other bag?"
"Well, you know", said the little old lady, "not everybody pays."

of the gods.

-- Albert Einstein

#621077 - 09/12/10 11:47 AM Re: The Haircut [Re: ]
Mingo Offline
Three Time Spawner

Movie Preference Quiz:

This is pretty amazing. Mine turned out to be "Raiders of the Lost Ark ". I was surprised how this worked. Be honest and don't look at the movie list until you have done the math.

Try this test and find out what movie is your FAVORITE movie!
This amazing test can likely predict which of 18 films you would enjoy the
most. Don't ask me how, but it really works!

IT WILL TEACH YOU A LOT ABOUT THE TYPE OF ENTERTAINMENT YOU REALLY ENJOY!!!

Movie Test:

Pick a number from 1-9.

Multiply by 3.

Add 3.

Multiply by 3 again.

Now add the two digits together to find the movie you are most likely to enjoy from the list of 18 movies below.

Movie List:

1. Gone With The Wind
2. E.T.
3. Beverly Hills Cop
4. Star Wars
5. Forrest Gump
6. The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly
7. Jaws
8. Grease
9. The Joy of Anal Sex With A Goat
10. Casablanca
11. Jurassic Park
12. Shrek
13. Pirates of the Caribbean
14. Titanic
15. Raiders Of The Lost Ark
16. Home Alone
17. Mrs. Doubtfire
18. Toy Story

Now, isn't that something.....?

#621126 - 09/12/10 06:03 PM Re: The Haircut [Re: Mingo]
FishRanger Offline
Carcass

Loc: Where ever Dogfish tells me to...
Hmmmm.. . .KK home movies made the list / / ???

Decisions are made by those who show up.

"Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect." Ralph Waldo Emerson

#621777 - 09/15/10 10:00 PM The golfer at the dentist... [Re: ]
CedarR Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Olympia, WA
A man and his wife walked into a dentist's office.

The man said to the dentist, "Doc, I'm in one heck of a hurry.
I have two buddies sitting out in my car waiting for us to go play golf, so forget about the anesthetic, I don't have time for the gums to get numb.
I just want you to pull the tooth, and be done with it! We have a 10:00 AM tee time at the best golf course in town and it's 9:30 already...I don't have time to wait for the anesthetic to work!'

The dentist thought to himself, "My goodness, this is surely a very brave man asking to have his tooth pulled without using anything to kill the pain."

So the dentist asks him, "Which tooth is it sir?"

The man turned to his wife and said, "Open your mouth honey, and show him.

Page 29 of 42 < 1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 41 42 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Chromeo, Colluvium, lat59, m wilson, phishkellar, TBJ
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 1031 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645360 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |