LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#340843 - 03/19/07 08:06 PM Deep/Mid Depth fishing techniques.
semago Offline
Fry

Loc: Gig Harbor, WA
Hey everybody I have been gaining lots of experience last spring, summer, and fall through fishing for lmb and reading. I am excelling in shallow water conditions and I know generally well the overall tendencies of Bass in relation to weather, season, and lures they prefer.

But one area of fishing I still have not conquered is fishing waters where I cannot see the structure (Trees and shrubs and foilage) or bottom. In deep and mid-depth situations I feel so clueless and lost when I try to fish. I feel blind. This technique is crucial for me to seriously up my game on these Large mouth Bass.

The lake I have been fishing on is a natural medium clarity lake with 30 feet of maximum depth, with a sort of muddy and snag-filled bottom with little to no rocks. And I have a really crummy depth finder that basically shows me depth and the rest is
useless.

The lures I wish to get good at is a Jig. I know I have to fish that thing so slow and that makes my confidence fall because I don't know if im in the totally wrong area or if a Bass is checkin my lure out. I have tried also deep diving cranks, spinners, and Texas-rigged worms. I have never gotten a bite with any except for the Jig at the base of a big dock. I'm sure when I do catch a fish I will foolishly stick with that lure for a long time in deeper depths, because it is my only confidence related lure.

Does anybody have any simple techniques to start me off on fishing deeper where I cannot tell what the heck I am doing. I'd wish to mainly figure out where to find the fish in these mystifying depths. ( I have read Bruce's Bassin' Essentials article about Deep Water Bass fishing and I remain low in confidence)

Thanks a lot for any help.

#340845 - 03/19/07 08:12 PM Re: Deep/Mid Depth fishing techniques. [Re: semago]
Daniel T Offline
Fry

Loc: Puyallup
Drop shot and jerk baits. And also get yourself an Eagle Cuda 168 depth-finder. They are only $70 and work very very well for the price.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1416 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |