LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#346386 - 04/13/07 02:47 PM Lake Tapps filling info...
crappiehunter Offline
Alevin

Loc: tacoma
Just spoke to a lady at Pierce County Parks. I asked about the refilling of the lake. Well, don't plan on fishing till the weekend before Memorial Day weekend......@#&^*(& SUCKS!!...PSE is still doing some work on one of the outlets. Rebuilding a wall. I believe this had started in like November of last year. Saw an article on this in the News Tribune back then. For cryin' out loud!! I know the weather may have had an effect but come on!! This will probably really screw up the spawn of the smallies.And jag up the ecosystem totally!! Sorry but I'm pissed!! So, dont plan on fishin this lake till the end of May!! And then the county will probably still drain it in October. And then piss and moan about not getting enough money from the boat launches. Dam~ @$%^!@#& anyway!! Remember the savelaketapps.com coalition? Where the hell are they now?.....Todd

#346486 - 04/13/07 11:15 PM Re: Lake Tapps filling info... [Re: crappiehunter]
Bill G Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Buckley Wa.
Todd mellow out a little you may blow a gasket or even have a heart attack. We will do our best when we get enough water to float our boats. I don't have a lot of faith in the words of only one person at the parks department. I,m going over tomorrow to check on progress.
Bill

#347476 - 04/19/07 05:37 AM Re: Lake Tapps filling info... [Re: Bill G]
Bill G Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Buckley Wa.
Todd, Just read in the County Courier that they are going to start filling in the next 7 to 10 days. Also says it will be full by Memorial Day.
We will have to keep an eye on the launch opening.
Bill

#347684 - 04/20/07 02:15 AM Re: Lake Tapps filling info... [Re: Bill G]
skeeter bassin Offline
Fry

Loc: Bonney Lake
Ariticle in todays New Tribune says they have settled on a fee of $17.00 for non residents. Does not state, but I believe that will be for put in and take out. Bonney Lake residents can by a pass for $25.00 giving them unlimited usage of the ramp. Non residents will be able to buy a 10 launch pass for $170.00. Wow, thanks for being so generous Bonney Lake.

#347792 - 04/20/07 08:35 PM Re: Lake Tapps filling info... [Re: skeeter bassin]
crappiehunter Offline
Alevin

Loc: tacoma
Hey Skeeter, Hey Bill,
Good news I guess. Any word though on the work that is to start on May 1st? Retaining wall work was to start..17 bucks for the Allen York launch? I gues I ll get my pierce county pass for 75.00 instead. Thanks for the info. Todd

#347893 - 04/21/07 11:35 AM Re: Lake Tapps filling info... [Re: crappiehunter]
skeeter bassin Offline
Fry

Loc: Bonney Lake
I drove by the slough (inlet) yesterday. They are still working on it and the fill has not begun yet. I am with you Todd, I will be driving the extra 10 minutes to get to the County Park to launch. I think at this point even if they were to keep the launch fees reasonable I would still make the trek to the County lauch. As a resident who literally lives just across the street from the city and a past member of the District Fire Dept. I can tell you without a doubt, this city's main concern is money, and I refuse to add to their bankroll anymore. Time to get off my soap box, I could go on forever about this. See ya all at the County launch.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (stonefish, steely slammer), 1056 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645297 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |