Medical was superb on opening day, giving up lots of large trout on everything from leeches to buggers to chironimids! The WDFW has "cracked the code" on this one and established a tremendous selective regs fishery. Upon my arrival in 2003 it held only browns but now has a little of everything! I kid you not, we could not catch a rainbow UNDER 20". I haven't had that happen in even Amber or Coffeepot! Brownies ran from 16-20" and the few tigers we got were 18". Den and I managed the "trifecta" (sp?), managing to land all three types, the first that's happened for either of us on any lake. Thankfully Johnny Law (MLPD included) was patrolling in force, and issued citations to bait-slingers and hardware guys with full trebles and barbs not pinched. It's a shame, too, considering West Medical is less than a mile away, and gets nearly 200,000 fish a year (fry included) compared to Medical only getting about 3000-3500 annually. Anyways, we returned on Sunday expecting more of the same, but discovered that Medical had become Medical again and gave up only a few fish. But oh, the memories.......