THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#356374 - 06/04/07 01:38 AM Re: Got your new boat tabs and surprise? [Re: stlhead]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Is it only Washington state with this new sticker or does the entire US have it? You'd think motor manufacturers would have these placed in all boats to release themselves of any trouble or lawsuits from deaths resulting in Carbon Monoxide poisoning...

Seems lawsuits can be filed and won over just about anything. McDonalds and coffee for example...

Keith

#356375 - 06/04/07 01:38 AM Re: Got your new boat tabs and surprise? [Re: stlhead]
Wooly Bully Offline
Spawner

Loc: NE Seattle
This was explained to me ,unsolicited, by the nice lady at the tabs place in Longview.... Apparantly, the CO sticker has to be "visible to passengers" which Law Enforcement will need to verify. So ... if your freindly, neighborhood, LE Agent can't see that the sticker is visible to the passengers, from their own boat, then they will need to board your boat to inspect the sticker.

I don't have anything to hide ... but this patriot act type sh!+
P!$$eS me right off.

Or how about the marine drivers license that will be reguired of everyone but the PWC drivers??? - The "one" group that could benefit from the education the most.

As aquaholics, we need an organization that will alert us when this type of bull$hi+ is being legislated.

#356377 - 06/04/07 02:08 AM Re: Got your new boat tabs and surprise? [Re: Wooly Bully]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
"As aquaholics, we need an organization that will alert us when this type of bull$hi+ is being legislated."

That I agree with wholeheartedly...aren't there any recreational boating organizations in Washington? My boats are all oar-powered and float down rivers, so I don't ever run into stuff like this...

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#356379 - 06/04/07 02:19 AM Re: Got your new boat tabs and surprise? [Re: Todd]
Knucklebustersonly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: WA
I still think the "tsunami warning signs" that are all over the puget sound islands and lowlands are funny...Probably cost a few hundred dollars for each one to be made and then dug into the ground, and all they say is pretty much "Tsunami hazard zone. In case of an earthquake, go to higher ground."

#356380 - 06/04/07 02:20 AM Re: Got your new boat tabs and surprise? [Re: stlhdr1]
Knucklebustersonly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: WA
 Originally Posted By: stlhdr1

Seems lawsuits can be filed and won over just about anything. McDonalds and coffee for example...

Keith

I love the one where the guy break into a house and fall through the skylight and sues the owner of the house for having it be dangerous...

Too funny

#356400 - 06/04/07 11:43 AM Re: Got your new boat tabs and surprise? [Re: Knucklebustersonly]
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
Just put the stickers on the back side of the cowling and be done with it,It's just a sticker.Like said above,I'm surprised that the boat dealer or motor manufactur hasn't put them some where.Good luck,
STRIKE ZONE

#356401 - 06/04/07 11:54 AM Re: Got your new boat tabs and surprise? [Re: Knucklebustersonly]
USCG Boating Offline
Parr

Loc: Seattle
Hear is some infromation you may want to look at on the subject. FYI, In the last two years there have been eight Co poisoning fatalities in Washington state. Last year a family of three and the companion of the families 11 year old child died at Dworshack that made national news.

I know it seems petty when you look at how many people die from CO in other activities but those are more publisized and are more recognized as a cause of CO poisoning. A vast amount of CO poisonings on boats go unreported.

There has been a significant amount or research done on Boating and CO poisoning by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) that has prompted safety orginizations to take a harder look at boating related CO poisoning.

Some good reading:

http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/topics/coboating/

http://www.uscgboating.org/articles/boatingview.aspx?id=22

Dan

#356402 - 06/04/07 11:56 AM Re: Got your new boat tabs and surprise? [Re: USCG Boating]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
I think the stickers get in the way of natural selection. Time to repeal it, and thin the herd.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#356404 - 06/04/07 12:03 PM Re: Got your new boat tabs and surprise? [Re: stlhdr1]
USCG Boating Offline
Parr

Originally Posted By: stlhdr1
Is it only Washington state with this new sticker or does the entire US have it? You'd think motor manufacturers would have these placed in all boats to release themselves of any trouble or lawsuits from deaths resulting in Carbon Monoxide poisoning...

Keith

This is a state by state issue. Oregon has a law as does Califiornia. The stickers issued in the mail are for existing vessels. Manufacturers will be required to place these stickers on all new vessels .

Dan

Edited by USCG Boating (06/04/07 12:14 PM)

#356405 - 06/04/07 12:06 PM Re: Got your new boat tabs and surprise? [Re: Todd]
USCG Boating Offline
Parr

Originally Posted By: Todd
"As aquaholics, we need an organization that will alert us when this type of bull$hi+ is being legislated."

That I agree with wholeheartedly...aren't there any recreational boating organizations in Washington? My boats are all oar-powered and float down rivers, so I don't ever run into stuff like this...

Fish on...

Todd:

There is an orginization in Washington State that publishes all of theses proposed legislative acts. It is the Recreational Boaters Assosiation of Washington, RBAW. Link:

http://www.rbaw.org

Dan

Edited by USCG Boating (06/04/07 12:18 PM)

#356406 - 06/04/07 12:12 PM Re: Got your new boat tabs and surprise? [Re: Wooly Bully]
USCG Boating Offline
Parr

Originally Posted By: Wooly Bully

Or how about the marine drivers license that will be reguired of everyone but the PWC drivers??? - The "one" group that could benefit from the education the most.

Wooly Bully...it is not a license and the PWC operators are also required to have the card.

#356407 - 06/04/07 12:22 PM Re: Got your new boat tabs and surprise? [Re: USCG Boating]
Jaba'da butt Offline
Spawner

Loc: Kelso, wa.
My friend in California put his sticker next to the "No Bananas" and the" No Illegals on Board" stickers.

#356411 - 06/04/07 12:36 PM Re: Got your new boat tabs and surprise? [Re: USCG Boating]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Originally Posted By: USCG Boating
 Originally Posted By: Todd

Fish on...

Todd:

There is an orginization in Washington State that publishes all of theses proposed legislative acts. It is the Recreational Boaters Assosiation of Washington, RBAW. Link:

http://www.rbaw.org

Dan

Well, guys...there ya go then...a group that should be keeping an eye on this stuff for you...I bet you can sign up for e-mail alerts, or newsletters, or whatever, and the RBAW will let you know when laws are proposed that may affect your boating enjoyment...then you can get in on the lawmaking before the fact and maybe have an effect on what the final outcome is.

Fish on...

Todd

#356440 - 06/04/07 02:43 PM Re: Got your new boat tabs and surprise? [Re: Todd]
Salmon Leader Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Des Moines, Wa
What other opportunities are there for stickers to keep people from doing stupid things that kill? Let's start a list....here's one:

Need Sticker placed on:

1) The headboard of all beds as areobic activity kills more men who are out of shape than "Teaking".

Edited by Salmon Leader (06/04/07 07:11 PM)

Steve

#356468 - 06/04/07 04:04 PM Re: Got your new boat tabs and surprise? [Re: Salmon Leader]
Batson Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Sequim
Did not stick to the powder coating and came off first trip. I put it in my glove box and when Coast Guard on the big C Oregon side checked my boat I pulled it out and showed him. He did not know anything about the decal and rolled his eyes knowing I was from WA.
Fax: (360) 683-3579
karry@batsonenterprises.com
www.batsonenterprises.com

#356472 - 06/04/07 04:09 PM Re: Got your new boat tabs and surprise? [Re: Knucklebustersonly]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: South Sound
I think the only people that REALLY need to worry about it are the people that will have thier wakeboarding boats out on Lake Tapps or Lake Washington this summer.
(ie: place where the water cops will board you for a "safety & sobriety inspection" to use doublespeak)

#356500 - 06/04/07 06:09 PM Re: Got your new boat tabs and surprise? [Re: Irie]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

So, since someone died here from being BF'd by a horse shouldn't there be a sticker on all horses?

#356505 - 06/04/07 06:14 PM Re: Got your new boat tabs and surprise? [Re: stlhead]
Chum Man Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Yelmish
i haven't gotten my tabs yet, but if i get a sticker, it's going in the trash.

#356507 - 06/04/07 06:23 PM Re: Got your new boat tabs and surprise? [Re: Chum Man]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Whoa...we have a serious rebel in our midst.

Fish on...

Todd

#356510 - 06/04/07 06:26 PM Re: Got your new boat tabs and surprise? [Re: Todd]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

I'm sure you'll agree, Todd, that all lawyers should come with a warning label.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Bucktail, Richard E.
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (steely slammer, eddie), 1149 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |