THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#368210 - 08/13/07 04:14 AM Survivor, Whidbey Island style...
Addicted Offline
Rico Suave

Loc: Whidbey Island
Haven't made much of a report lately, so here goes. The fishing for silvers and humpy's was hot last Wed. and Thurs., then on Friday, right in time for the tourists, it slowed down. Still fish to be had. Sat. had me hitting the beach a little late due to two grilling parties to be at, but I left the second one to hit the beach and got two pinks. Sunday missed the morning bite due to a 4 in the morning episode the night before, but got the beach for the evening and hit the humpys good with some random friends and kids. Luckily there was humps to be found as the silvers were a noshow tonight. One dude on the beach got a rocket of a fish on his pink buzz bomb, it took of jumping like a maniac. He got it in, turns out it was a small native steelhead, so back in the water it went, but it was cool to see. There has been a trend on the high tides that have been producing fish since it opened. If you follow the little beach reports, you can figure out which high tides have been better than others, especially for silvers. Friday night my daughter got a small king on a pink buzz bomb. She didn't care that it had to go back. Just the fact that she got a king, all by herself was the big thrill worthy of a constant grin for her.

Here is some pics from recent days.....

My daughter catching one Friday evening off of our friends boat, west side of Whidbey.

After running the boat back around, dropping off the kids and wives the Possession dock, we took my buddies boat back to Mukilteo, man, glad I don't have to deal with that everyday to go fishing. But we SURVIVED that horrible launch. One dude in a little 12 foot boat was the proud owner of a large unclipped king, lucky the old wardens weren't around, he was not shy about telling everyone about it. We then walked across the ferry, got picked up by Jennifer, went to a buddies house, and then out to Karoake. Notice the song being sang by my buddy Eric. If you look to the right of Jennifer, you can see the words on the screen. And yeah, that's a Whidbey Island bar, not exactly the Belltown scene.

Smoked humpy's, and a couple silvers, and then Saturday nights filleted up humpys. I took them back to my buddies house where the party was, and he pulled out an electric fillete knife and cut them up. Pretty funny stuff.

The grub at Saturday nights party....

The EAR girls, or Enumclaw Auto Rebuild girls.

So one of our friends is a chick who is tough, and likes you to know she's tough. She started wrestling the dudes, and winning. This is a dude who couldn't survive her wrath.

Eventually, I had enough and had to show her what was up. I know, it's not cool to beat up on a chick, but she needed to be put into place, and the men needed redemption. So I showed her what was up, after pinning her, she was a little slow to get up. She barely SURVIVED. Don't mess with a previosly crippled, still slightly limping boy, you will lose.

The EAR girls doing their thing. Counters and bars were meant for ladies to dance on. Fun times.

I woke up a pretty sore boy this morning, but these guys I'm sure felt a lot worse. Here is some pics of passed out dudes due to being super late, and a few drinks. The chicks decided to write on them in their sorry state. The guy laying on the couch is the boss of the dude who's house we were at. Always good to mess with your boss. You'll also notice the Fishnfool is out, in a chair. He couldn't SURVIVE the night without a nap. He has appeared on the island for what seems to be his weekly fishing trip. He got a taste of some fun, then he slept pretty much ALL DAY today.

Sunday night, fishing was decent, here is my daughter chasing pinks.

Cheryl's sister came up from California, they've been hitting the beach, the sister and Cheryl's nephew had yet to catch a fish, tomorrow they go back home, well it all changed Sunday, they were humpy pros. And super excited they were.... Here is Cheryls nephew after tumbling over a log backwards trying to get his first ever salmon up the beach. He SURVIVED and caught the fish.

A couple pics of blondebud fishing the beach, and Cheryl. Blondebud hooked and lost 5, she was cursed. Notice the boys in the background though. Our kids played SURVIVOR, by starting a fire by themselves, didn't even tell us exactly what they were doing until they got the fire started.

Here is me with Cheryl's daughter and a fish I just caught.

In that pic you'll notice my daughter eating something by the fire in the background. Turns out the SURVIVOR kids built the fire to cook up fish. They asked for and got a knife out, cut parts of a couple salmon, put rocks in the fire, put the chunks of salmon on the rocks, and cooked them right there on the beach, and they loved it, They kept eating it, saying how good it was. They were SURVIVNG off of pinks, and loving it. It was pretty cool and funny. And actually, the pinks were good cooked that way, just plain. Here is a pic of a partially kid butchered fish, and the rocks they cooked on.

Here is Cheryl with her fish she just caught and her daughter. Pretty happy.

The fishnfool put on a hoochie with 1/4 oz lead head and got a nice little humpy. He was happy.

The boys with some fishy's, they're happy.

Cheryl cutting open her fish. She's happy.

This is just a cool shot. Beach Bum Blonde Ale seemed appropriate for fishing on the beach with my own Blondebud, Cheryl, and her sister.

Couple of random shots of EAR girls on the beach.

Well, there ya have it. Fishing is okay most days, some days super hot. Timing is everything. Typical humpy type crowds. Hoping for more silvers soon. I did notice the 62 degree water temp while out in my buddies boat in 8-2, but in was well in the 50's the same night out by Bush Pt. Wierd variance in temp. I wonder if that is effecting the silvers, and/or when it will go back down. Fun times, good summer, and we're SURVIVING over here on Whidbey Island.

#368215 - 08/13/07 08:05 AM Re: Survivor, Whidbey Island style... [Re: Addicted]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
Nice, nice and more nice. Might see you this coming weekend.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#368222 - 08/13/07 09:52 AM Re: Survivor, Whidbey Island style... [Re: Jerry Garcia]
FishRanger Offline
Carcass

Loc: Where ever Dogfish tells me to...
Nice pics, I'll have to get back out there and give it another try. Still looking for that first one from the beach.

Decisions are made by those who show up.

"Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect." Ralph Waldo Emerson

#368227 - 08/13/07 10:57 AM Re: Survivor, Whidbey Island style... [Re: FishRanger]
Jason Y Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Poulsbo
Very nice report, was thinking about Whidbey Saturday. Spent the day taking the Elwaha to Anacortas. Then bring the Kaleetan back down.

I saw quite a few boats out there giving it a shot. Didn't see any nets flying around.

http://www.madrivermanufacturing.com/swstore1.htm

Jigs, injection molded worms made in the USA

#368230 - 08/13/07 11:14 AM Re: Survivor, Whidbey Island style... [Re: Jason Y]
TBJ Offline
Carcass

Loc: Bainbridge Island
I've sald it before and I'll say it again You sure know how to have a good time up there on the big island. and man that was a seriously large bowl of potato salad. Great report R.-Good Luck.-TBJ

#368231 - 08/13/07 11:17 AM Re: Survivor, Whidbey Island style... [Re: TBJ]
Sol Offline
River Nutrients

Was there an after hours pants-off dance-off?

Edited by Sol (08/13/07 11:18 AM)

#368246 - 08/13/07 12:27 PM Re: Survivor, Whidbey Island style... [Re: Sol]
Addicted Offline
Rico Suave

It appears the silvers have returned from their 4 day vacation as of this morning. Hopefully they stick around.

#368253 - 08/13/07 12:39 PM Re: Survivor, Whidbey Island style... [Re: Addicted]
seastrike Offline
Hey Man....It's cool...

Loc: seattle
Great report Addicted. I always love your stuff.
Keep us informed. The kids making the fire and eating humpies ruled.
Be carefull or fishinfool is going to move in with you guys. Just don't give him any allowence and make him do chores and maybe he'll go away.

#368257 - 08/13/07 12:56 PM Re: Survivor, Whidbey Island style... [Re: seastrike]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
Isn't it funny when you tell people to bring something over to go with dinner, and end up with 4 types of Potato Salad from different grocery stores?

Nice Report Addicted.

#368261 - 08/13/07 01:02 PM Re: Survivor, Whidbey Island style... [Re: Sky-Guy]
Sol Offline
River Nutrients

I like the jackass that brings a six-pack of Busch Light to throw in the cooler and then drinks all the Redhook.

#368263 - 08/13/07 01:04 PM Re: Survivor, Whidbey Island style... [Re: Sol]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
Or along the same lines, a guy who brings over a 4.99 bottle of red then downs all the good wine all night long, then brings his own bottle home cause it wasn't opened, cause noone wanted to drink it.... .Just say no to El Gato!

#368268 - 08/13/07 01:08 PM Re: Survivor, Whidbey Island style... [Re: Sky-Guy]
Sol Offline
River Nutrients

I usually emasculate such individuals verbally to the point of tears. If you're hanging with me you won't be wondering what I'm thinking. That's my policy.

#368269 - 08/13/07 01:10 PM Re: Survivor, Whidbey Island style... [Re: Sol]
seastrike Offline
Hey Man....It's cool...

Loc: seattle
Sol no one has accused you of holding back...ever.

#368280 - 08/13/07 02:20 PM Re: Survivor, Whidbey Island style... [Re: seastrike]
Addicted Offline
Rico Suave

If Sol did hold back, it'd be a bad thing. He'd blow like Mt. St. Helens eventually, taking a bunch of us with him. He's better off to vent like and old gyeser, like Old Faithful, keeps him calm the rest of the time.

TBJ, That was a massive bowl of potato salad..... and the other bowl is a maccaroni salad w/smoked salmon, shrimp, baby clams....hmm....yummy, but the crab hit the spot.

Seastrike, new batch of silvers heading your way. The speed they were moving, they could reach the Puyallup by tonight. Them things are moving by fast. Maybe they will do a layover in E. bay for ya.

Speaking of what people bring compared to what they consume.....I got friends who bring me Crown, I got friends who bring me Black Label, Smirnoff or Kettle One, Western Family Cream Soda, Thomas Kemper Root beer, I don't care, as long as your my friend, have a good time, and enjoy the life we've got while we've got it, but realize being a good dude is more important than any bs fishing stories you could ever tell. Be rich with friends. Just my opinion. And just to be a hypocrite, make sure you invite Jerry Garcia, he brings good stuff. No Busch light found in his cooler.

#368281 - 08/13/07 02:25 PM Re: Survivor, Whidbey Island style... [Re: Addicted]
Sol Offline
River Nutrients

You've got a good soul, brotha. I love ya. \:\)

#368294 - 08/13/07 03:12 PM Re: Survivor, Whidbey Island style... [Re: Sol]
fever Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Bellingham, WA
I'm diggin' the fishn' reports of late.

#368300 - 08/13/07 03:19 PM Re: Survivor, Whidbey Island style... [Re: Sol]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
I'll bring stuff for Chippino, it'll knock your socks off.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#368307 - 08/13/07 04:00 PM Re: Survivor, Whidbey Island style... [Re: Sky-Guy]
barnettm Offline
Spawner

Loc: Maple Valley, Wa.
I was out there Saturday (in a boat) and it was very slow and the tide was ripping us along at 5 knots. For near-shore boat fishing which section of beach would you recommend, Casey to Lagoon, Lagoon to Bush, or Bush on south???

thanks

#368349 - 08/13/07 05:53 PM Re: Survivor, Whidbey Island style... [Re: barnettm]
Addicted Offline
Rico Suave

for near shore, on an incoming tide, Casey to Lagoon, most open space and you can get schools at the shoreline or out 2 hundred yards, plus you've got 3 miles to follow them. Fish randomly bite there all day. Right at high tide, Bush has the bite, but it is short and a smaller area to fish. Outgoing tide, follow the rips that run off of Lagoon, the fishy's be liking them for a few hours on the outgoing. Just give the banky's enough room to cast.

#368369 - 08/13/07 06:56 PM Re: Survivor, Whidbey Island style... [Re: Addicted]
Ikissmykiss Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Snohomish County
Good stuff Addicted! Damn, I shoulda come over. The ferry lines have been sooooo pathetic in the afternoons I only made it over there on Friday. Didn't see any silvers but did see a couple of dead clipped Chinook. I think some of them honestly can't tell the difference between the species. \:\/

Mmmmm Jerry.....Cioppino is my favorite! Especially with fresh halibut or ling.

Like Fever, I am also diggin' the recent reports. Lots of kids with salmon and smiles....

Ike

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jordan, UncleChris
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1154 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |