Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#378461 - 10/02/07 01:27 PM Getting excited about AHE ELK hunting
Theywentthatway! Offline
Fry

Loc: Yakima, Wa
Just got permission to hunt over 2000 acres of private property from two landowners side by side in the wenas. Both said they see elk every year in december and january and neither have been asked by another hunter to hunt their land. One of the owners said there are a couple nice bucks we can hunt also and he told us he ownes about 350 acers in tieton just below the elk fence we can hunt and that the elk are always in there eating in his weat field later in the year. Going to scout the land this weekend.

#378481 - 10/02/07 03:25 PM Re: Getting excited about AHE ELK hunting [Re: Theywentthatway!]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Should be fun. Just found out my new rifle will be done and shipped to me by Friday, so I might see you out there. I'll actually be near Easton. Its nice for you, living so close by. We wetsiders just end up chancing it on trip to trip. I always see elk in the Wenas area, only issue is they're out of the zone.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#378486 - 10/02/07 03:57 PM Re: Getting excited about AHE ELK hunting [Re: Dogfish]
seastrike Offline
Hey Man....It's cool...

Loc: seattle
Hijack:
Here's a little vent....
I got a call while on the water today. My buddy Clark called to say my buddy Gary broke his leg two days ago while helping Clark and his boy on a goat hunt. They were 14 miles from camp. Thank jeebus we have horses. We hunt some rough wilderness in ID.
I guess Gary is enroute to Silver City,NM where he lives and the buddy I'm taking next week for elk will be driving Gary's rig back to Seattleland. If Gary was hurt bad enough not to come back to camp from town and hang out (he usually stays for 6 wks) and glass he must be hurt bad.
I feel bad for Gary. He lives for this hunt and it was his 22'nd year there.
I feel bad for the guy I'm bringing as it's his first year in camp. I now need to become Gary. Gary took me under his wing 7 years ago and has directly put me on two elk and one deer. I've gotten into the rest of them by myself but always had Gary on the radio to bounce ideas off or tell me about animals near me. Gary is also the dude who never sits still in camp...always teaching this city boy (yeah Stam I said it) how to properly fell trees,shoe a horse, use a winch and snatch block etc. I am absolutely bummed for the guy and a bit for the rest of us because his presence in camp will be missed.
Time to spread my wings and use what he taught me out there.
Camp will be different this year.

#378506 - 10/02/07 05:22 PM Re: Getting excited about AHE ELK hunting [Re: seastrike]
HntnFsh Offline
Spawner

Loc: Toledo Wa
Seastrike,thats bad news for your buddy.Sorry to hear that.Hopefully he'll be able to make it.From the sounds of things though,hes the kind of guy that will be anxiously awaiting your report on the hunt.I bet he gets as excited for you as he does for himself.
Just sounds like a hell of a guy,and great friend .Dont keep him hangin.If you have cell service give him an update every chance you get.I know he'll get a kick out of it.Hes probably already playing out the hunt in his head.

Best wishes to all of you,and good luck on your hunt
HntnFsh

#378612 - 10/03/07 02:01 AM Re: Getting excited about AHE ELK hunting [Re: HntnFsh]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Talking about hunting made me clean and load my muzzleloaders for deer this weekend. Good to go here.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Grandpa's Fishin Buddy
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 239 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645430 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |