Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#39003 - 10/30/06 04:27 PM VIGILANTE JUSTICE
Sol Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo
Enough pissing and moaning about tweeker break-ins. How about we take care of it Charles Bronson style? Lets brainstorm some theft deterrents that we could easily manufacture and install in our vehicles when we are out fishing?

#39005 - 10/30/06 04:38 PM Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE
Sol Offline
River Nutrients

Think simple, elegant and disabilitating.

#39006 - 10/30/06 04:45 PM Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE
slabhunter Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Sheltona Beach
I wouldn't suggest taking them down to the mud flats at low tide and let the crabs have at them as they are stuck there. wink
Watching over our vehicles will only get you so far. Besides, crab need to eat too. My 16ft jet has a 53gal capacity. plenty of range. beer

#39007 - 10/30/06 04:53 PM Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE
troller Offline
Spawner

Loc: Renton , WA

#39008 - 10/30/06 04:53 PM Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE
Jamie Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Kirkland
You're right Slab, that would be a terrible idea. BTW, how do you propose transporting them?

#39009 - 10/30/06 04:59 PM Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE
Sol Offline
River Nutrients

Troller: You're on the right track ma-man. Could be a simple as leaving some cash sticking out of your ash tray. It's the first thing they are gonna grab. Except within the roll of money you could hide a small amount of Hydrocloric or Muratic Acid in, say a small toothpaste container with the top half cut-off. When they grab it, it ouzes out on their hand. That's bad shi%, man. He's one hurtin' MF'r.

Just clue your turn around guy in to leave it alone.

#39010 - 10/30/06 05:09 PM Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE
slabhunter Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Sheltona Beach
Jamie, Alive, of course. laugh Just think of them struggling, and sinking deeper; the crabs crawling all around, waiting for the opportunity to get the soft tissue. laugh The bones would just get burried in the shifting sands.

Happy Halloween!

#39012 - 10/30/06 05:19 PM Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE
Krijack Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
Troller and Sol,
I have thought about the same thing, but in a less lethal or potentially liable way. Perhaps leaving a small box or wallet in view on the seat. When they open it a dye packet explodes, similar to at a bank. In addition, just for our pleasure, a good dose of pepper spray also nails them. While it may not have the ultimate effect I would like, it may still deter them a little and at least make them identifiable for a short period.

#39013 - 10/30/06 05:27 PM Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE
Sol Offline
River Nutrients

By elegant I mean simplistic, Aunty.

Liability can easily be side-stepped with a simple warning on the window, stating that the vehicle is equipped with a chemical theft deterant, which would of course be a deterant in itself. But, it needs to be backed-up with the real deal.

The possibilities are limitless with a little research and creativity. BTW: I'll keep my little set-up to myself.

#39014 - 10/30/06 05:35 PM Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE
Chumlicker Offline
Fry

Loc: Gig Harbor
"Liability can easily be side-stepped with a simple warning on the window"

You cannot waive liability on a trap intended to harm or entrap humans with any disclosure signed or unsigned. You would also waive your insurance coverage and open yourself up to a lawsuit that could cost you everything you own.

#39015 - 10/30/06 05:35 PM Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE
ROCK Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Between 2 Mountains
I like the fishhooks welded to 100 lb cable in the door handle that someone did on one of these sites. evil

#39016 - 10/30/06 05:45 PM Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE
Ichtyoid Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia
Deterrent?

Dead men tell no tales. How will the tweakers spread the word?

Here's my suggestion:

Park a car at a launch, a nice one, maybe with an obvious tool box or something valuable in the back, plainly visible.

Get 9 or 10 guys together and lay in wait. You could even make a good time of it camping style with loaded film canisters and plenty of beer, as long as there's someone on sentry watching the bait car with a radio to let you know when someone takes the bait.

When the Tweakers arrive, jump their asses ambush style and take them captive. Might mean blocking their car in or holding them at gunpoint. When you have them strip them down, tie them up to trees around your campfire, douse them in gasoline and work them over with pick handles while you torment thier flammable asses with lit matches. Leave them to rot tied up like that.

Might want to wear masks for that kind of thing.

#39017 - 10/30/06 05:47 PM Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE
Sol Offline
River Nutrients

Quote:
You cannot waive liability on a trap intended to harm or entrap humans with any disclosure signed or unsigned. You would also waive your insurance coverage and open yourself up to a lawsuit that could cost you everything you own.
Yeah..I figured that statement would bring out the truth. Therein lies the problem with this country: Law and Politics favor those with little to lose.

If some tweeked-out loser wants to take down my licence plate and come after me in court after he's been mamed so be it.

#39018 - 10/30/06 05:56 PM Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

How about something enticing in a vase type opening where you can't draw your hand back out without dropping the object. Tweaker will never let go.

#39019 - 10/30/06 05:57 PM Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
How about a sweatshirt draped over a bear trap in the back of the 4 runner. Maybe a wallet laying on top like cheese in a mouse trap. It doesn't take $10,000 worth of [Bleeeeep!] to attract a tweaker, try a decent rod and reel or a $20 bill.

#39020 - 10/30/06 06:19 PM Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE
OPfisher Offline
The Golden Boy

Loc: wa/ak
the ultimate irony would be to show up at their house, kick down their door and bust all their meth equipment.

http://www.olympicpeninsulaoutfitters.net/
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Olympic-Peninsula-Outfitters/

#39021 - 10/30/06 06:19 PM Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Let's start a tagging and neutering program. Dart them, ear tag them, neuter them (can't reproduce) and let them go for tracking. I bet we could get on Natl Geo?

#39022 - 10/30/06 06:24 PM Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE
Kid Sauk Offline
I'm a freak'n CAKE

Loc: Almost on the beach
Next time you see a bunch of broken auto glass in the parking lot pick it up. Put the broken pieces in a container and save them. Next time you park your rig by the river just roll one window all the way down and sprinkle the broken glass pieces all over the ground. Open your glovebox, center console and mix up the contents.

The tweakers will think that somebody beat them to the punch and leave your stuff alone.

My name is Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiddddd.....
KID SAUK!!!!!

#39023 - 10/30/06 06:25 PM Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE
hohbomb73 Offline
D.E.A

Loc: in da hood
Ichtyoid-I like yer idea best. It's more Charles Bronson style. He was always about people taking power into their own hands.

Seems to be enough of us here on this thread already.

(I have these cool mexican wrestling masks...)

Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat.

#39024 - 10/30/06 06:28 PM Re: VIGILANTE JUSTICE
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Good one Sauk. Create a tweaker turf war so they kill each other.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (No More Ice Fishin, 1 invisible), 1372 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |