Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#399868 - 12/27/07 06:27 PM Re: Hawk's Game [Re: Sol Duc]
Rocket Red Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Elma
 Originally Posted By: Sol Duc
I want SA to play well every time not just in the playoffs RR. I'm so sick of hearing people say.." he smells the endzone" gimme a f'n break. I want SA to smell 4-5 yards regardless of the field postion!!

The paying or non paying fans have every right in the world to Boo this clown! He signs a MEGA contract and then stops running hard. The O line is not as good as before but SA needs to Nut up and PRODUCE!!

The great running backs don't need a top notch O-line in order to be productive, there are many examples of this.

Hopefully the Hawks will draft Johnathan Stewart with one of their top picks in the draft.

I think you, me, SA, Mike H, and every other fan wants #37 to get 5 ypc too!

I don't think you can blame SA for signing a MEGA contract. I think anyone would sign the contract. I have faith that he is a competitor, and I don't think he has any intention of running into the back of the line when there are no holes. It is feast or famine with him, and when the line looks bad, he looks really bad, that is the way it is. In 2005 we could count on him to get to the second level (behind Hutch and Jones), and it was fireworks. This year he tries the exact same things and it looks bad. He does not take on tacklers head down, and never has. What has made him so great is avoiding the big hits, and akward tackles, while maintaining balance on his feet. He is taking hits and tackles the same way in 2005, as he always has (he learned from Ricky Watters about this), but now he is taking them 3 yards behind the LOS.

Now about the booing. I agree it is everyone's right to boo all they want, but WTF is the point of booing your HOME TEAM. When drunk a$$hats boo the running back it affects the whole team, not just the player holding the ball. I thought Qwest Field was famous for our home field advantage? Football is a game that is played with tremendous emotion, why would anyone want to sabotoge their own team? When a defense hears the home team getting boo'ed it pumps them up and fuels their motors. When I go to a game I pay to see us win, it would be counter-productive to my money spent to boo the home team.

JS28 is an exciting player, but unfortunately he is injury prone. If we are picking high enough I want a stud OG. With the West Coast offense and our receiver core, I would rather have a great line and serviceable backs. Plus, he will be hard to get at #32!

#399901 - 12/27/07 07:47 PM Re: Hawk's Game [Re: Rocket Red]
Jason Y Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Poulsbo
 Originally Posted By: Rocket Red
 Originally Posted By: P.W
I'll take FH07's bet.

So 10 50/50? or 10 silver plated?? The silver plated are 17.00 plus shipping the 50/50 are 27.00.

FYI I never had any intention of placing any wagers. Just stating my opinion, I have been wrong before. I hope they win, but after watching every game this year I have no faith in them.
JY

You don't have to bet me, I don't want you to have to bet against your home team. But then again if you do, I gave away half of my 50/50 for x-mas and that is what I need. You shouldn' t have to bet until you know the opposing team, the injury report and the line from Vegas.

I still would take the bet at this point. I mean have you noticed that we have won 6 out of the last 7 games, on passing and defense alone? Even if we can't get ANY rushing out of our backs and line, we can beat an NFC wild card team.

I know they won 6 out of seven, lets talk about number 7 the mighty 6 and 9 Panthers.

Then of course the six they beat, Not one of those teams has a winning record. Were any of them even playing QB's that started the season?

http://www.madrivermanufacturing.com/swstore1.htm

Jigs, injection molded worms made in the USA

#399903 - 12/27/07 07:49 PM Re: Hawk's Game [Re: Rocket Red]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Who said anything about blaming him for signing a big contract? More power to him..what myself and ALOT of other people don't like is SA not running hard like he did before the Big contract.

There are some players on the Hawks that despise the attitude of SA. Especially laughing and smiling and mucking it up with the other team after a loss. That shiat really looks bad, even if it's innocent and he does care about losing, just leaves a bad impression with some.

The experts were worried about Adrian Peterson's injuries before he was drafted too... :>)

- Albert Einstein.

#399988 - 12/28/07 12:29 AM Re: Hawk's Game [Re: Sol Duc]
mreyns_tgl Offline
Random VaJJ Stalker

Loc: Port Angeles

The experts were worried about Adrian Peterson's injuries before he was drafted too... :>)

do you watch football?? he missed 2 weeks with a knee injury a couple weeks ago

#399990 - 12/28/07 12:30 AM Re: Hawk's Game [Re: Rocket Red]
mreyns_tgl Offline
Random VaJJ Stalker

Now about the booing. I agree it is everyone's right to boo all they want, but WTF is the point of booing your HOME TEAM.

What do you want them to do? cheer for him for falling on his ass?

#400008 - 12/28/07 01:42 AM Re: Hawk's Game [Re: mreyns_tgl]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: mreyns_tgl

do you watch football?? he missed 2 weeks with a knee injury a couple weeks ago

I was making an analogy about college players that were injury prone and then their stock dropping in the NFL draft. Last time I checked AP was in the NFL....next time pay attention before you open your pie hole!

- Albert Einstein.

#400012 - 12/28/07 01:45 AM Re: Hawk's Game [Re: mreyns_tgl]
summerrun Offline
Dude, where's my boat?

Loc: Seattle
Rocket,I was at 7 home games this year and SA looked like he quit that is why he was booed. Everyone knows the O line has sucked with the run blocking UNTIL last week and if you know football you know what happened a month or two ago doesnt mean jack...we will go in on a roll, healthy and running the ball better than we have all year...Ill take my chances and PW its all good, Ill even wager 10 silver plated vs your 10 50/50 as a bonus for you taking the road team in QWest...cheers

#400013 - 12/28/07 01:46 AM Re: Hawk's Game [Re: Sol Duc]
mreyns_tgl Offline
Random VaJJ Stalker

guess you should be a little more direct with your analogies...thought u were talking about his playability in the NFL

#400540 - 12/30/07 06:35 PM Re: Hawk's Game [Re: Rafterman]
Jason Y Offline
Repeat Spawner

bump

#400543 - 12/30/07 06:51 PM Re: Hawk's Game [Re: Jason Y]
mreyns_tgl Offline
Random VaJJ Stalker

skins

#400544 - 12/30/07 06:52 PM Re: Hawk's Game [Re: Jason Y]
summerrun Offline
Dude, where's my boat?

Bring on the skins, should be a tough game but Hawks will win by 7. Hasslebeck hurt his right wrist which could really suck but doesnt look too severe...PW Ill be fishing some new spoons next week thanks to you...cheers

#400545 - 12/30/07 06:53 PM Re: Hawk's Game [Re: summerrun]
mreyns_tgl Offline
Random VaJJ Stalker

Originally Posted By: summerrun
PW Ill be fishing some new spoons next week thanks to you...cheers

\:D

#400546 - 12/30/07 06:57 PM Re: Hawk's Game [Re: summerrun]
Jason Y Offline
Repeat Spawner

PW Ill be fishing some new spoons next week thanks to you...cheers

We Shall see. I hope the hawks win, the skins look pretty tough.

I think the hawks will expect to win and lose by 17.

I think I will be getting 40 spoons.

Insert "pot and spoon", stir stir stir

#400578 - 12/30/07 09:12 PM Re: Hawk's Game [Re: ]
Jason Y Offline
Repeat Spawner

pearl

#400579 - 12/30/07 09:13 PM Re: Hawk's Game [Re: Jason Y]
Jason Y Offline
Repeat Spawner

\:D

Edited by P.W (12/30/07 09:31 PM)

#400581 - 12/30/07 09:21 PM Re: Hawk's Game [Re: Jason Y]
mreyns_tgl Offline
Random VaJJ Stalker

pearl

#400611 - 12/31/07 12:06 AM Re: Hawk's Game [Re: summerrun]
Rocket Red Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Elma
Rocket,I was at 7 home games this year and SA looked like he quit that is why he was booed. Everyone knows the O line has sucked with the run blocking UNTIL last week and if you know football you know what happened a month or two ago doesnt mean jack...

I completely get why people were booing. I just don't think it serves the real purpose of going to the games. To win them. Yeah, they get their points across, and #37 feels bad, but it also affects other players on the team, and even worse it pumps up the opposing defense.

Mreyns - When he falls on his ass behind the LOS I expect the fans to do the same thing they do when Matt H, throws an interception. Get pissed, yell "damn!", and get over it, don't try and bring down the team.

Congrats SA on the 100 touchdowns, #7 all time making NFL history, and you get booed. Welcome to Seattle!

ANYWAYS, it all doesn't matter now.

SATURDAY 1:30 PM

It is going to be a good game. There are two very good head coaches, going up against one another. Both teams are going to be prepared, both teams have a good veteran core. The early line has the Hawks -3.5 which is basically an even match (3 points for home), with a bit of a pointer to the Hawks.

The D laid an egg today, but they will be jacked to play this playoff game. There is no doubt that the Skins are hot, but they are playing on really high emotion right now, and IMO playing over their head a bit (again, very good coaching). They are coming in with a "pocket" passer, and their best receiver is Santana Moss, which plays a little into our hands, since we have a good corner back, especially against shorter receivers. The wild card in all of this is Cooley, our probowl outside linebackers, are not good in pass coverage. I have a feeling we are going to get gouged by the TE dump passes this game. I also have a feeling we will get 4+ sacks, due to Collins mobility or lack thereof.

Our running game is coming back into form. I don't know if you guys noticed it today or not? Pork Chop is making the difference. Mark it down. If we start with Chop next to Jones, we will run the ball. They held Chop as a backup the whole year because he is fragile, but his experience is making the difference in run blocking. Did you see the the cutback runs today, out of both backs? Also, we have a QB who wins playoff games, and the game will be put on his shoulders. I don't know if you guys remember the 05 skins playoff game in the same situation. #37 went down in the first quarter and #8 basically took the thing over and won it on his own. We will have all of our receivers next week.

I still like the bet, a lot, even if I weren't a homer.

#400673 - 12/31/07 02:54 PM Re: Hawk's Game [Re: mreyns_tgl]
Brewer Offline

Loc: in the mass production zone
just about every team that was playoff bound lost yesturday. i am glad to see patriots go 16/0, thats a tough feat to do. anyways bring on the redskins!!!

#402194 - 01/06/08 02:52 AM Re: Hawk's Game [Re: Brewer]
summerrun Offline
Dude, where's my boat?

...and lets start a HAWK vs PACK thread...in fact i will right now...skins done onward baby...cheers

#402200 - 01/06/08 09:11 AM Re: Hawk's Game [Re: LoweDown]
LoweDown Offline
Conquistador

Loc: Forks, WA
 Originally Posted By: LoweDown
 Originally Posted By: Fish Hunter 07
Yea I'll second mreyns on that bet. I'd take it too.

Bootsy you were so certain of winning, what's the harm in taking 10 free spoons off ol' P.W.?? You could always sell them to buy more chum fishing gear.

Sounds like you were just flapping your gums...

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Carcassman, Clipfin, Danny Clyde, Dannyboy, dk1948, Twitch
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 345 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645367 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |