Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#412040 - 02/07/08 09:32 PM get ready to pay more for your vehicle tabs
Aix sponsa Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Port Orchard
http://apps.leg.wa.gov/documents/bil...Bills/6900.pdf

I just love this.get the tabs reduced ,nd now there going to charge for the engien size
5.0 so I would have to pay $325.00 on top of the $45.00 for my tabs what a bunch of garbage. and its just a mater of time they will add it to the boat motors too

thanks to those who voted her in.

#412067 - 02/07/08 10:52 PM Re: get ready to pay more for your vehicle tabs [Re: Aix sponsa]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
That link didn't work

#412073 - 02/07/08 10:59 PM Re: get ready to pay more for your vehicle tabs [Re: ParaLeaks]
Aix sponsa Offline
Returning Adult

#412080 - 02/07/08 11:37 PM Re: get ready to pay more for your vehicle tabs [Re: Aix sponsa]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: South Sound
Well since idiot voters got rid of the fee schedule based on the vehicle's value, they eventually had to come up with something else to pay for all the roads and bridges that are falling apart. And now here it is. I feel bad for the poor sumbitch who uses his old crappy 1972 Pick up with a 454 as his work truck. I dont feel sorry for those Bellevue bitches riding alone in GMC Yukons yaking on the phone with Fifi on their lap, or those douchbag dildos that own H2's.

Consider this an adjustment for the inflation brought on by the fiscal policies of The Bush Whitehouse. After all, with the dollar in the crapper thanks to the GOP, we essentially still have $30 car tabs, its just that 2008 dollars are worth about half of 1999 dollars and they have to adjust accordingly.

#412090 - 02/08/08 12:02 AM Re: get ready to pay more for your vehicle tabs [Re: Irie]
Aix sponsa Offline
Returning Adult

God do you realy beleive the sh!t you spew

#412093 - 02/08/08 12:08 AM Re: get ready to pay more for your vehicle tabs [Re: Aix sponsa]
LoweDown Offline
Conquistador

Loc: Forks, WA
Makes more sense to index it to value. If you can afford a more expensive car you can afford more expensive tabs. The larger engine types are already paying more tax at the pump...

#412110 - 02/08/08 12:43 AM Re: get ready to pay more for your vehicle tabs [Re: LoweDown]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
 Quote:
The larger engine types are already paying more tax at the pump...

Exactly. AND you are taxed based on how much you're on the road which translates to how much wear and tear YOU put on the roads, bridges, etc.

A Hummer that sits in the garage is better than a sedan that lays down 50K miles in a year from an traffic and or "carbon emission" view. Any additional tax should come at the pump, not via licensing.

It's just easier to hide via licensing. You're p!ssed once a year rather than every time you hit the gas station.........and voters have short memories.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#412198 - 02/08/08 02:59 AM Re: get ready to pay more for your vehicle tabs [Re: LoweDown]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: LoweDown
Makes more sense to index it to value. If you can afford a more expensive car you can afford more expensive tabs. The larger engine types are already paying more tax at the pump...

Absolutely, however, Eyeman and his idiot followers schidt-canned that system in favor of what is essentially a flat tax, so that the guy in the beater Datsun B210 praying it gets him to his minimum wage job without blowing a head gasket pays just as much as the twat in Medina driving a Hummer. Before the $30 car tabs I was paying $18 a year for tabs on my heap of pussy repellant; After, I was paying the same as Bill Gates. I cant think of a better example of how a flat taxes and tax cuts shaft the working class.

#412202 - 02/08/08 03:09 AM Re: get ready to pay more for your vehicle tabs [Re: Aix sponsa]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Aix sponsa
God do you realy beleive the sh!t you spew

It only seems like sh!t if you are incapable of simple mathematics.

I mean really, a $2 calculator and a scratch pad could tell you how badly Conservative Policy is screwing you.

Unless you're a billionaire.

Are you a billionaire, Aix? ARE YOU?

That's what I thought.

Now...Go sit the f*ck down, and shut the f*ck up.

Oh, and for the record I'm no Liberal, Im a lefty. Liberals will try to talk it out over tea; I'll throw a grenade into your trench and steal the munitions off of your smoldering carcass. I'll die before I let my country fall into Oligarchy and it's associated social injustices. My children deserve better than to become servants for a ruling elite.

\:\) Have a nice day!

#412254 - 02/08/08 11:19 AM Re: get ready to pay more for your vehicle tabs [Re: Dan S.]
Mikespike Offline
MPD

Loc: Santa Rosa, CA
 Originally Posted By: Dan S.
 Quote:
The larger engine types are already paying more tax at the pump...

Exactly. AND you are taxed based on how much you're on the road which translates to how much wear and tear YOU put on the roads, bridges, etc.

I'm curious - does Washington state have a specific funds account for those taxes? Down here we get shafted because all the taxes go into the General Fund, which means those gas tax dollars for roads/bridges/etc. are also paying for haircuts, lunches, hacky sacks, whatever

"Holy hell son, you're about as useful as a cock flavored lollipop."

#412264 - 02/08/08 11:45 AM Re: get ready to pay more for your vehicle tabs [Re: Mikespike]
Addicted Offline
Rico Suave

Loc: Whidbey Island
Stupid, just plain stupid.

#412267 - 02/08/08 11:50 AM Re: get ready to pay more for your vehicle tabs [Re: Addicted]
chasbo Offline
Spawner

Loc: oly
Do they think that they can get away with that

#412268 - 02/08/08 11:50 AM Re: get ready to pay more for your vehicle tabs [Re: Addicted]
Mikespike Offline
MPD

Originally Posted By: Addicted
Stupid, just plain stupid.

Even better, voters here just voted down Prop 91 that would have designated those taxes to a roadways only fund.

#412274 - 02/08/08 12:16 PM Re: get ready to pay more for your vehicle tabs [Re: Addicted]
klicknative Offline
Parr

Loc: Goldendale WA
What a crock. I have an old 77' Chevy pickup with a 454 that I haul my camper and pull the boat with. I average maybe 1500 miles a year with it. At $400.00 plus to buy tags that would match the fuel cost for it.

#412295 - 02/08/08 01:15 PM Re: get ready to pay more for your vehicle tabs [Re: chasbo]
grumpyr Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Orygun
 Originally Posted By: chasbo
Do they think that they can get away with that

You ask that question and have Hillary's face as an avatar?

"I reject your reality and substitute my own"

#412369 - 02/08/08 03:50 PM Re: get ready to pay more for your vehicle tabs [Re: ]
Mikespike Offline
MPD

I here ya Hankster - here's the government semi-oxymoron for today (and everyday :() "Fiscal responsibility"

Edited by Mikespike (02/08/08 03:51 PM)

#412389 - 02/08/08 04:30 PM Re: get ready to pay more for your vehicle tabs [Re: Mikespike]
Aix sponsa Offline
Returning Adult

Here is a link to your state senator list, just click on the name and then the e-mail link and let them know what you think. http://www1.leg.wa.gov/Senate/Senators/

Here write your senator, and speak up. It will happen, if you don’t. and just remember you have no room to bitch about it if you don’t step up.

#412393 - 02/08/08 04:36 PM Re: get ready to pay more for your vehicle tabs [Re: Aix sponsa]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Worse is that you wouldn't be able to deduct it from your taxes since the IRS demands that the tax be based upon value.

#412394 - 02/08/08 04:41 PM Re: get ready to pay more for your vehicle tabs [Re: Aix sponsa]
Aix sponsa Offline
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: Irie

Now...Go sit the f*ck down, and shut the f*ck up.

Oh, and for the record I'm no Liberal, Im a lefty. Liberals will try to talk it out over tea; I'll throw a grenade into your trench and steal the munitions off of your smoldering carcass. I'll die before I let my country fall into Oligarchy and it's associated social injustices. My children deserve better than to become servants for a ruling elite.

\:\) Have a nice day!

Irie
shut the F@#k up!
Wow I’m hurt. But let me start of with the facts: Dude you’re an economy sized douche bag that couldn’t pull a greasy string out of a cats Ars.
If you’re so concerned you wouldn’t spew the garbage you do! Why don’t you try working of commonsense for once, and not hate and rage fueled by your ignorance to conceive logic. You say that the right has screwed every thing up. Correct? And simple pen paper and calculator can show me this. Correct? Then why are you so blind to see the brunt of the truth. Let me make it clear to you, this is a DEMOCRATIC state. Its run by the left, has been for a long time. So tell me again, who’s screwing whom?

It should hurt to be so stupid. Less of the left sided morons would exist if it did

#412395 - 02/08/08 04:44 PM Re: get ready to pay more for your vehicle tabs [Re: Aix sponsa]
Aix sponsa Offline
Returning Adult

Another question is how long till they put it on boat motors. That’s an extra chunk of change in its self. From rumors I’ve heard they are using the "it’s also good for environment" tactics to push this through. Again hear say but it wouldn’t surprise me. Jim W

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BigRedHead, Gene, Milton Fisher, Selther, SpinyRayLover
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 410 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |