deerslayer
Unregistered

idk parker they look a little different to me lol

really though those zombies are good as dead now

#406252 - 01/19/08 02:33 AM Re: personal defense rounds? [Re: ]
Rafterman Offline
Spawner

Loc: Backwoods of Kentucky
Parker, Are you getting a new one from Springfield Armory or did you go through the CMP?

#409267 - 01/29/08 08:29 PM Re: personal defense rounds? [Re: Rafterman]
fishhog Offline
Spawner

Loc: Whatcom
Just picked me up a Springfield XD45 in .45. I was wanting a .45 as I already have several other makes in .40, 9mm etc.

My next purchase will be a 1911 style. But, being as I shoot southpaw, my options are a little limited. I sure do like the Kimber Compact CDP !!!

Any recommendations on models that have ambidextrious controls ???????

#409379 - 01/30/08 11:57 AM Re: personal defense rounds? [Re: Rafterman]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
 Originally Posted By: Rafterman
Parker, Are you getting a new one from Springfield Armory or did you go through the CMP?

CMP. Correct Grade. Harrington & Richardson.

The Springfield SN's for this grade are pretty high. Very unlikely that any of those guns were built before or during WWII.

I felt like I had a better shot at getting a WWII veteran rifle with the H&R. I'd love to have a gun that saw service in WWII. We'll see.

My Uncle has a 1911 that saw service in WWI. That's World War UNO! He's taken it all apart and put one of those stupid rifle barrels over the lower receiver. Ugh. He's the kinda of guy that would sell it tomorrow, if he wanted something else. Of course, I keep telling him not to sell it and to not mess it up, as I'd love to see it stay in the family. It's a truly cool 1911.

Originally Posted By: deerslayer
idk parker they look a little different to me

Yup. The top one won't shoot for crap past 25 yards. It's built with a short, light barrel, has optics with no magnification, has a stock that collapses (urban combat), has the front "hand hold". Really, more a point-n-shoot, or spray-n-pray kind of rifle. Really good for when those zombies are IN CLOSE! Oh yeah, and it even has the notch in the barrel for the M203 grenade launcher. I need to get one of those. ;\)

The other rifle has a longer, heavier HBAR barrel. It has a 3x12 scope and a Harris Bipod on the front. I'll have the trigger worked on a bit. I'm hoping to dial it in to hit a flees ass at 200 yards. Should be really good for those long range shots at zombies.

Not too sure what I'm going to do with the new Garand. I'll probably get a bayonet for it, and if I'm ever charged by small animals or children, I can just skewer them all up on the bayonet. Hell, a good butt-stroking by the M1 wouldn't be a bad call, either. Nothing says love like kissing the ass end of an M1.

I just picked up 500 rounds for both the M4 and the M1.

Zombies, beware!

\:D

#409403 - 01/30/08 01:44 PM Re: personal defense rounds? [Re: The Moderator]
deerslayer
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: parker
 Originally Posted By: Rafterman

CMP. Correct Grade. Harrington & Richardson.

The Springfield SN's for this grade are pretty high. Very unlikely that any of those guns were built before or during WWII.

I felt like I had a better shot at getting a WWII veteran rifle with the H&R. I'd love to have a gun that saw service in WWII. We'll see.

My Uncle has a 1911 that saw service in WWI. That's World War UNO! He's taken it all apart and put one of those stupid rifle barrels over the lower receiver. Ugh. He's the kinda of guy that would sell it tomorrow, if he wanted something else. Of course, I keep telling him not to sell it and to not mess it up, as I'd love to see it stay in the family. It's a truly cool 1911.

Originally Posted By: deerslayer
idk parker they look a little different to me

Yup. The top one won't shoot for crap past 25 yards. It's built with a short, light barrel, has optics with no magnification, has a stock that collapses (urban combat), has the front "hand hold". Really, more a point-n-shoot, or spray-n-pray kind of rifle. Really good for when those zombies are IN CLOSE! Oh yeah, and it even has the notch in the barrel for the M203 grenade launcher. I need to get one of those. ;\)

The other rifle has a longer, heavier HBAR barrel. It has a 3x12 scope and a Harris Bipod on the front. I'll have the trigger worked on a bit. I'm hoping to dial it in to hit a flees ass at 200 yards. Should be really good for those long range shots at zombies.

Not too sure what I'm going to do with the new Garand. I'll probably get a bayonet for it, and if I'm ever charged by small animals or children, I can just skewer them all up on the bayonet. Hell, a good butt-stroking by the M1 wouldn't be a bad call, either. Nothing says love like kissing the ass end of an M1.

I just picked up 500 rounds for both the M4 and the M1.

Zombies, beware!

\:D

really are they that unaccurate like that?

i really wanna get one for varmint hunting. i was checking them out at the range the other day and they guys that were there had come badass guns.

#409404 - 01/30/08 01:51 PM Re: personal defense rounds? [Re: ]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Pretty much.

Neither gun would be a "good" varmint gun.

Zombie gun, yes. Varmint gun, no.

#409477 - 01/30/08 05:56 PM Re: personal defense rounds? [Re: fishhog]
landcruiserwilly Offline
Spawner

Loc: Bothell
hey fishhog,

i, too, shoot southpaw. i've been looking around for a 1911 for a while, and heard lots of good things about the taurus pt1911. i think they run about $550 or so, and for the money, it'd be hard to beat. while not as polished as some of the high end pistols, it's got some pretty nice features--and it's ambi-friendly. for the same price, you'd only be able to get a mil-spec pistol. i checked one out at dj's in bothell not too long ago, very sweet. google up some reviews-you might be surprised

willy

#409479 - 01/30/08 06:03 PM Re: personal defense rounds? [Re: The Moderator]
deerslayer
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: parker
Pretty much.

Neither gun would be a "good" varmint gun.

Zombie gun, yes. Varmint gun, no.

lol sounds like my buddie cody. all he talks about is zombies...every single second while walking in the mall or where ever he is talking about his excape plans when zombies attack lol

i heard those AR's are really good when you switch out the barrels to a target barrel and do all the stuff needed to make them a "target/varmint" gun.

and yeah i wouldnt mind having one for when zombies attack

#409580 - 01/30/08 09:53 PM Re: personal defense rounds? [Re: ]
fishhog Offline
Spawner

Loc: Whatcom
The Taurus units are a great deal for the $$$.

For my next purchase, I'm going to strap on my big shoes and get a high end unit. You can never have enough guns right ? \:D Especially with all the Zombies running around

Edited by fishhog (01/30/08 09:54 PM)

#409581 - 01/30/08 09:58 PM Re: personal defense rounds? [Re: fishhog]
deerslayer
Unregistered

heheh yeah man.

im gonna buy a AK in the near future.

actually i might buy one of the new remington ones. they looks really good...

#412971 - 02/10/08 12:48 AM Re: personal defense rounds? [Re: ]
localbouy Offline
Smolt

Loc: Naselle Area
My Department utilizes CorBon +P, very effective. We are issued Glocks in 40 cal. The Glock shoots very nicely and the Corbon +P hits with authority. Give it a try.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Fish Lady, onthefly, overkill45
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 321 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28169
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13519
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63770 Topics
645260 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |