Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#418312 - 02/28/08 01:03 AM First Pac-10 2008 Football Rankings
summerrun Offline
Dude, where's my boat?

Loc: Seattle
Looks like another prosperous year of football is in store for ASU and USC...Coug and Dawg fans dont look like they will enjoy 2008 much...cheers

1. USC Trojans
What we know: The Trojans will have the deepest collection of talented, athletic running backs in the country this spring. Coach Pete Carroll's RB stable could stock three or four college teams.
What we don't know: How many holes will be there for the running backs? The Trojans are retooling after losing four starters on the offensive line from last season.
How the Trojans can win the Pac-10: By taking advantage of a favorable schedule that will have them playing most of their tough games, including a huge nonconference showdown with Ohio State, at home.

2. Arizona State Sun Devils
What we know: Coach Dennis Erickson turned around the Sun Devils' program faster than expected last season and should have better talent in 2008.
What we don't know: Whether the Sun Devils will have a better record as the schedule toughens considerably in 2008.
How the Sun Devils can win the Pac-10: By protecting QB Rudy Carpenter better and hoping for an immediate talent upgrade in the secondary from a heralded juco class.

3. Oregon Ducks
What we know: The injury to QB Dennis Dixon late last season forced Cody Kempt into action and has the Ducks better prepared to solve their QB question in 2008.
What we don't know: If the Ducks' secondary can improve enough to enable them to compete with USC and Arizona State.
How the Ducks can win the Pac-10: By winning on the road. In order to win the title, Oregon will need to play well away from home against USC, ASU and Cal.

4. Oregon State Beavers
What we know: Sean Canfield's injury could provide Lyle Moevao with a good chance to emerge as the starting quarterback after the spring.
What we don't know: If the Beavers can find a running back to replace Yvenson Bernard with the players on the roster.
How the Beavers can win the Pac-10: If the run defense can be retooled, a quarterback emerges and WR Sammie Stroughter receives an extra season of eligibility and returns healthy and productive.

5. UCLA Bruins
What we know: The arrival of offensive coordinator Norm Chow might rank as the most important recruiting coup of Rick Neuheisel's first few months.
What we don't know: If the defense can play to the same high level as last year after losing three starters in the secondary and pass-rushing terror Bruce Davis.
How the Bruins can win the Pac-10: If Neuheisel and Chow can boost the offensive production and the defense continues responding to coordinator DeWayne Walker.

6. California Golden Bears
What we know: The battle between Nate Longshore and Armed Forces Bowl MVP Kevin Riley at quarterback will be one of the most highly scrutinized in the nation. Don't expect it to be settled until fall practice.
What we don't know: If the Cal offense can find quality replacements for the losses at both receiver and running back.
How the Golden Bears can win the Pac-10: By returning to the form they showed in the first half of the 2007 season.

7. Arizona Wildcats
What we know: Mike Stoops' comments about Arizona State's recruiting have made the rivalry between the schools even bitterer than before.
What we don't know: If the Wildcats have enough defensive talent to compete in the Pac-10. The offense should be fine, but losing players like Antoine Cason and Dominic Patrick will test the defense.
How the Wildcats can win the Pac-10: If the defense makes a major step and QB Willie Tuitama continues improving. But the pressure is on Stoops as the Wildcats seek their first bowl berth since 1998.

8. Washington Huskies
What we know: Jake Locker is one of the most exciting players in college football. But the QB must improve last season's atrocious 47 percent completion percentage.
What we don't know: Whether new coordinator Ed Donatell will settle on a 4-3 or 3-4 defense system while rebuilding 2007's beleaguered unit.
How the Huskies can win the Pac-10: Tyrone Willingham has upgraded the Huskies' talent, but a conference title might be a tad optimistic.

9. Stanford Cardinal
What we know:After beating Cal and USC last season, coach Jim Harbaugh's team might have had the most satisfying 4-8 record in the country in 2007.
What we don't know: How the Cardinal can be much better without really upgrading their pass protection. Building better continuity will be a major spring aim after yielding 48 sacks in 2007.
How the Cardinal can win the Pac-10: Another couple of years of solid recruiting are a must to get the program to that level.

10. Washington State Cougars
What we know: New coach Paul Wulff was thankful when WR Brandon Gibson decided to return for his senior season. Gibson, who led the Pac-10 with 1,180 receiving yards, will be the Cougars' biggest offensive weapon.
What we don't know: Whom Wulff will settle on as his starting quarterback. The matchup between Gary Rogers and redshirt freshman Marshall Lobbestael appears the most even in the conference.
How the Cougars can win the Pac-10: Washington State's not going to challenge in 2007, but the Cougars must have patience with Wulff.

Tim Griffin is a college football writer for ESPN.com. Send your questions and comments to Tim at espntimgriff@yahoo.com.

#418326 - 02/28/08 01:24 AM Re: First Pac-10 2008 Football Rankings [Re: summerrun]
OneMoreCast Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Auburn
Nov,8,2008
10 more spoons?

#418337 - 02/28/08 02:04 AM Re: First Pac-10 2008 Football Rankings [Re: OneMoreCast]
Knucklebustersonly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: WA
Keep planning those BCS games like you did last fall....That didn't work out for ASU did it?

#418385 - 02/28/08 11:50 AM Re: First Pac-10 2008 Football Rankings [Re: Knucklebustersonly]
mreyns_tgl Offline
Random VaJJ Stalker

Loc: Port Angeles
f' off kieth!

UW 56
ASU -3

#418404 - 02/28/08 12:23 PM Re: First Pac-10 2008 Football Rankings [Re: mreyns_tgl]
summerrun Offline
Dude, where's my boat?

a few biters so far...troll, troll, troll...

#418548 - 02/28/08 03:54 PM Re: First Pac-10 2008 Football Rankings [Re: summerrun]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
 Originally Posted By: summerrun
Dawg fans dont look like they will enjoy 2008 much...cheers

Dude. We were LAST-IN-THE-PAC.

We've moved up to the #8 spot! Progress! Ty RULES!!!!

How can you even remotely say us Dawgs fans won't enjoy 2008!

It's better than what we are getting used to over the last few years!

\:D

#418687 - 02/28/08 09:24 PM Re: First Pac-10 2008 Football Rankings [Re: ]
summerrun Offline
Dude, where's my boat?

im good with that also KK, defending last place champions until proven otherwise...GO DAWGS!

#418691 - 02/28/08 09:32 PM Re: First Pac-10 2008 Football Rankings [Re: summerrun]
sykofish Offline
I'm not short, I'm 'fun size'

Loc: Mulletville
I dont give a dam what happens, as long as the Ducks get their asses handed to them.

GO BEAVERS!

Rusty Bell

#418694 - 02/28/08 09:47 PM Re: First Pac-10 2008 Football Rankings [Re: sykofish]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
It's STILL better to be a has-been than a never-was.

But you Coogers and Devils already knew that. ;\)

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#418705 - 02/28/08 10:20 PM Re: First Pac-10 2008 Football Rankings [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Oh, yeah.

Sh!t............no smack-talking for "he who is indebted to the Cooger".

#418709 - 02/28/08 10:25 PM Re: First Pac-10 2008 Football Rankings [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline

Yeah.

It's almost a card worth hanging on to, isn't it?

"Watch this...........I can shut Dan S. up in ONE post."

#418721 - 02/28/08 11:03 PM Re: First Pac-10 2008 Football Rankings [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline

F'n Huskies, man.

I used to COLLECT on Apple Cup bets...........

#418731 - 02/28/08 11:24 PM Re: First Pac-10 2008 Football Rankings [Re: ]
Steelheadman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo, WA,USA
Man times have changed. Now Huskies fans are celebrating being ranked in 8th place and out of the cellar. Denny is taking his Sun Devils up out of hell. The Beavers and the Ducks are out of the Bottom Ten. But the only thing that doesn't change is having the Cougs ranked last.

#418942 - 02/29/08 08:15 PM Re: First Pac-10 2008 Football Rankings [Re: Steelheadman]
huntncoug Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Echo Lake
How can the Cougs be ranked last, no matter how many starters we lost we should still be ranked above the Huskies!

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 947 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645290 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |