Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#439571 - 06/17/08 02:28 PM Re: I AM PISSED. [Re: Sol]
Jersey Girl Offline
Hottie to go

Loc: Silverdale
you always have someones back...your a good, solid guy, baby!

#439579 - 06/17/08 03:12 PM Re: I AM PISSED. [Re: Jersey Girl]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
I would have no fear with Sol at my back.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#439581 - 06/17/08 03:16 PM Re: I AM PISSED. [Re: Jerry Garcia]
Jersey Girl Offline
Hottie to go

I have fear with him at my back! hahahaha...
he is 6 ft 4 and I'm 5 ft 4.....
I really dont fear him....I'm from Jersey, I would kick his butt!!! j/k

Edited by East Coast Girl (06/17/08 03:17 PM)

#439585 - 06/17/08 03:29 PM Re: I AM PISSED. [Re: Achewter]
Jersey Girl Offline
Hottie to go

I would definetly talk to an attorney. An attorney charges anywhere from $200 and up just to "talk". He will give you the best advice. You need an attorney practicing in family law, specifically.

#439589 - 06/17/08 03:50 PM Re: I AM PISSED. [Re: Jersey Girl]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Lead Bouncer

Better check your RCW's. Assault in the 3rd degree is essentially assaulting a public servant (simplification).

Assault 4th degree is usually related to domestic violence, but speaking a word to someone is not assault unless those words are intended to goad someone into a fight.

Achewter, sorry about your issue.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#439592 - 06/17/08 04:13 PM Re: I AM PISSED. [Re: Dogfish]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Thanks for the clarification. It doesnt matter what the number is, its trouble I avoid.

#439593 - 06/17/08 04:16 PM Re: I AM PISSED. [Re: Sol]
nookie dreamin' Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everwet
Achewter, I too had a visit from CPS when my boys were little.. Seems an over zealous home day care operator noticed scrapes on one of my son's, belly, and also a burn on his forearm. When I arrived after work to pick up my sons, The CPS witch hunter asked if I was Mr.______ I said yes I am, is there a problem? She says I dont know why don't you tell me? WHAT??????
She was armed with a 35 mm camera and a spiral notebook. She said it seems that you have a habit of burning your child with a curling iron..... HUH? I said what are you talking about? She said I have taken photos of the burns on his belly and forearm, so I have the evidence.. Keeping my cool I aked what burns? (During this time my son was acting very frightened), 5 years old by the way.. which the Witch attributed to his being afraid to go home with me...Withch Hunter asked me to explain burns, and I explained that the scrape on his belly was not a burn butwas a scrape he got from climbing out of his grandpa's pick up bed the week before.. She said of course it is.. Getting angry at this point.... She asked about burn on his forearm, which had occured when he was with his mother when she was curling her hair in the bathroom three days prior, seems he climbed up on toilet and leaned against hot iron. I pointed out that these were in fact 2 separate accidents, and she smuggly replied, of course they were... Steaming now, she asked to accompany me to my home and ask more questions. Having nothing to hide, I agreed to this. We entered the house, which was a mess because the boy's mother was a slob who did little in the way of housework, (dirty dishes, unfolded laundry, unvacuumed rugs etc.)
Her first comment was "I see a typical abusive home setting" I said what are you talking about???? She says we see this all the time, messy homes and abuse go hand im hand.. She asked how I diciplined the children, and I said when time outs dontwork I spanked them with and open hand on their buttts.. Wrong answer.. she asked are there scars on their bottoms as well??? At this point I told her to get the hell out of my home, to which she replied, welll there will be a full investigation by CPS.. I said investigate all you want as I have done nothing wrong here.. Another smartass reply comes forth... "Thats what they ALL say".At the end of it alll I was found innocent of any wrongdoing by CPS, I wanted to sue also, for being drug through the mud by this self righteous biatch, not to mention the day care owner. Wife at the time said, get this, "no harm done", leave it alone. She is now EX wife, and my kids grew up being productive members of society. I feel your pain, but it is probably best just to let it all pass. It sucks having your name soiled by these morons, but in time it will heal. Good Luck dude...

#439598 - 06/17/08 04:57 PM Re: I AM PISSED. [Re: nookie dreamin']
Rocket Red Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Elma
Tough night for you. I'm sorry for your situation, and it looks like the sabotuer is your ex.

Just to quickly put the shoe on the other foot, devils advocate and whatever. I think that both CPS and the counselor have legal obligations when they hear that a child is in an unsafe situation (whether or not it is true). My wife is a school counselor (I'll be sure and keep her away from Irie so she doesn't ruin his life) and has, on numerous occasions, been lied to by one of the exes about the other ex, regarding the safety of the children. Even if she thinks the ex is lying, she is mandated by law to make a report. This is all about liability for the proffessionals.

It sounds like the CPS worker was doing his best to do his job, and I'm sure he didn't enjoy it any more than you did. I cannot imagine being a social worker, especially CPS. It has to be one of the most gut-wrenching horrible jobs there is. Obviously they burn out super fast. When my wife decompresses about her day to me the things these parents do to their children just turns my stomach, and makes me want to kill somebody. I don't know how CPS workers don't blow their brains out on a regular basis.

#439602 - 06/17/08 05:42 PM Re: I AM PISSED. [Re: Rocket Red]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
It just seems to me that CPS is suspecious of the good people and put kids back into homes that are dangerous.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#439603 - 06/17/08 05:53 PM Re: I AM PISSED. [Re: Jerry Garcia]
Sol Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo
I hate the whole concept of outsiders getting involved in family affairs. I do understand it is necessary on occation, but it's gotten to the point a parent can't even whip their disobeadiant child without it being called child abuse. I personally don't think it's possible to deal with all the issues a parent is faced with in raising a kid to adolesence without strapping the tar out of them a time or two. It's called bitter consequence, and kids that are faced with the cold hard reality of fuc%ing up with a belt across the ass are the ones that straighten up and fly straight. It's the ones who do as they please with no fear or respect for parental rules that end up being problem adults.

#439613 - 06/17/08 06:27 PM Re: I AM PISSED. [Re: Jerry Garcia]
Rocket Red Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Elma
Originally Posted By: Jerry Garcia
It just seems to me that CPS is suspecious of the good people and put kids back into homes that are dangerous.

It probably does seem that way because they have to be suspicious (would you want them to not be?), and they do put kids back in homes that are dangerous. My wife has told me a hundred stories like this and I always say "Why do they put the kids back?", but like anything it comes down to case law, RCWs and liability. The state has tried to take all judgment away from the social worker, and give them automatic triggers for how to act/proceed. But really the people who do this work are always forced to make judgment calls, and do you think that the most talented work force is doing those jobs? No way, they are not even close to that.

Sol is right, and some kids have learned that they can get away with more because all they have to do is tell their teacher that they got beat. My wife has to go through this all the time, kid comes in to her office with a black eye. "What happened Johnny?" Johnny replies "My mom hit me with a broom". Counselor asks "Why did she do that?" Johnny says "I hit my little sister". Now the counselor is thinking "This little sh!t had it coming", but then they look in their book and it tells them they have to report it. They call CPS, and tell them there is no history of this, he probably had it coming, and it is probably not a big deal.

CPS looks in their book, it says "Bruising or contusion due to purposefully being struck with an object" and the CPS worker is like "Awwww crap." but does their job anyways, because it is their job. Believe me they try and find loopholes not to bother people as much as they can, they do it all the time.

On the other hand it could easily be abuse, and at some point it is caught. The kid is given to granny, "But the school/CPS knew about this abuse and never caught it" Helloooo - negligence case for the person who did not report the issue.

Who is to blame for this issue? I blame typical buereaucratic knee jerk reaction-law making. That is broad brush but the best I can come up with.

#439616 - 06/17/08 06:31 PM Re: I AM PISSED. [Re: ]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
My wife's a juvenile probation officer (in Mason County, so she's busy) and a "guardian ad leitem" for kids taken away from parents in the system for drug related offenses, so I almost don't need to say it, but she is a hard ass with our boys.

CPS's mandate is to keep families together, while the county court system works with the best interest of the kids first and foremost. Quite honestly, I think the court system does a much better job than CPS, as you rarely hear of issues with them, compared to CPS, and you'ld be surprised at how many cases they handle.

Not taking anything away from you Achewter, I'm certain you are a good dad, and I appreciate you guys sharing your experiences.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#439618 - 06/17/08 06:35 PM Re: I AM PISSED. [Re: Dogfish]
Sol Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo
So all I have to do is beat my kids and I won't have to deal with them anymore?

COOL!

#439626 - 06/17/08 08:08 PM Re: I AM PISSED. [Re: Sol]
Achewter Offline

Loc: N of Seattle
Thanks everyone.
Just so pissed last night I had to vent.
just a couple things
The CPS guy was cool and just doing his job in this case. My problem is the total bullzhit f$%KING LIE that had my kids pulled out of class to be questioned at school. I doute I will be looked at the same way next time I enter my kids school. My god if they ever notice my daughters legs from the knees down they are gona think I get drunk everynight and must beat her for fun. They had to come and I except that. What lights me up is some how someone that has never been to my house and has met or talked to me for maybe a total of 20 minutes can claim I have 18 f'n loaded guns hidden all over in my house to CPS. I don't own 18 guns. My X wouldn't hesetate to defer responsibility for a weakness or a problem concerning herself or the kids to my sholders but I don't believe she would tell this guy that I had loaded guns hidden all over my house.

The inspection and talking with CPS was actualy a relief for a weeks worth of freeking out about what could or might happen.

2nd my X to the best of my knowledge is no whore. I am quite sure no one but me would pay for that hehehe.
THANKS again ...ART

Edited by Achewter (06/17/08 08:11 PM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BigRedHead, Gene, Milton Fisher, Selther, SpinyRayLover
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 410 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |