Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#448573 - 08/17/08 08:42 PM Team KeenEye - 2008 Kronikles Part 3
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

July 30... second to the last day of king fishing.... and time for an exchange of combatants.

CanyonMan and Parker fished their final morning bite. Stayed close to camp as they would have to quit after the morning action. Kinda slow for us.... 5 rods for 3.5 hours and went 1 for 2 at Stewart's Run across from camp. Another chrome 32# hen falls for CanyonMan.

Headed in for a hearty breakfast, a little sockeye snaggin' and a bit of trout fishing . While "some" of us were fishing legitimately for double digit rainbows that were NOT meant to be, others opted to flip-N-rip for their trophies. whistle wink

By noon, it was time to head out with a new crew sans CanyonMan and Parquito.

We would be joined by the Great Charholio, the only resident Alaskan brave enough to climb aboard with Team KeenEye this year. Charholio is a Kenai veteran... superb technique, gear savvy, and generally a very fishy guy. Had no problem putting the dude on the fish, but keeping them on proved to be a bit more challenging. To his credit, I could see nothing wrong with what he was doing other than being cursed with a hearty helping of Murphy's finest. Here he is with one he was able to beach in tidewater. Not the prettiest fish, but definitely a worthy adversary.

Attachments
07-30-08 Noel Charholio blush hen.jpg

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#448575 - 08/17/08 08:43 PM Re: Team KeenEye - 2008 Kronikles Part 3 [Re: eyeFISH]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

On the other hand, there was the hotter half of the Estalilla Duo.

Noel was on absolute fire with his unstoppable Thin Twin Cheater combo that has been dubbed the infamous "Noel Special". Everyone on the boat was copying that concoction because it was accounting for well over half the fish coming to the boat. All I can say is the boy and the killer combo were literally unstoppable. But one of these days he'll figure out that NOT every fish that bends his rod is necessarily 50-plus. wink

Here he is with another HOT HOT HOT 45" tidewater hen.

Attachments
07-30-08 Noel Chrome hen.jpg

Description: Nice hen brother!

07-30-08 Noel Chrome hen MONEY.jpg

Description: This one's MONEY!

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#448576 - 08/17/08 08:43 PM Re: Team KeenEye - 2008 Kronikles Part 3 [Re: eyeFISH]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Not to be outdone by the Piscatorial Pro's, representing the Medicare Masters was our very own Tanner... the undisputed King of CLEAN Kenai bucks! Here he is with another ROTUND platinum porker. Although this fish only measured fork length 43", it was pushing well over 40# shocked

Attachments
07-30-08 Francis Art PLUMP 43 inch buck.jpg

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#448578 - 08/17/08 09:00 PM Re: Team KeenEye - 2008 Kronikles Part 3 [Re: eyeFISH]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Best quote during the entire trip out of Noel:

"I know how to cook a fuking burrito!"

You and Noel MUST be brothers! Both of you are awesome! thumbs

#448579 - 08/17/08 09:02 PM Re: Team KeenEye - 2008 Kronikles Part 3 [Re: eyeFISH]
sykofish Offline
I'm not short, I'm 'fun size'

Loc: Mulletville
That last fish is Deeeeep!

I love it when a fish is built like me. grin

Rusty Bell

#448588 - 08/17/08 11:25 PM Re: Team KeenEye - 2008 Kronikles Part 3 [Re: sykofish]
Pugnacious Offline
Spawner

Loc: It's funny to me!
You mean almost as big around as tall. Yeah me too.

Don't sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things.

Boise State- National title, here we come!

#448607 - 08/18/08 02:59 AM Re: Team KeenEye - 2008 Kronikles Part 3 [Re: Pugnacious]
DJ wonderkid Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Seattle/port Angeles Washingto...
Looks like you kill them again this year Doc well done I just hope I can be up there with you next year with any luck and a little cash anyway,LOL

#448626 - 08/18/08 12:49 PM Re: Team KeenEye - 2008 Kronikles Part 3 [Re: DJ wonderkid]
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
As usual it appears you had another fun season up north.Thanks for sharing your stories.Good luck,
STRIKE ZONE

#448655 - 08/18/08 03:32 PM Re: Team KeenEye - 2008 Kronikles Part 3 [Re: STRIKE ZONE]
cohoangler Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Vancouver, Washington
Doc - Thanks a bunch for brightening up my lunch hour, as I sit in an office building in downtown Portland. Those are some of the most impressive Chinook salmon that I've seen in a long time. Only on the Kenai......

If you get the chance, perhaps you can give us a close-up pic of "Noel's Special". I've used a similar rig while plunking on the Columbia, but usually with a spin'n glo or a winged cheater. It looks like a winner on the Kenai.

#448657 - 08/18/08 03:38 PM Re: Team KeenEye - 2008 Kronikles Part 3 [Re: cohoangler]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
I've been sworn to secrecy by Noel himself. If Doc wants to spill the beans, so be it.

I just can't believe I left my own Noel's Special tied up to one of Doc's rods. Probably was the one that caught all the fish on that last day, too! wink

I'll have to get it back from Doc!

laugh

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (steely slammer, stonefish), 1099 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645297 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |