Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#474479 - 12/20/08 07:52 PM Re: Do you shop at ENGLUND Marine? [Re: sykofish]
Jhook Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Columbia City
Originally Posted By: sykofish
No, never have, and never will.

Englund has no right being on Oregons board......talk about a conflict of intrests.

As much as I cant believe what is going on here in Oregon, the real blame has to be put in Kulongoskis lap (spelled wrong? Dont care). He appointed Englund knowing there was a conflict.

Here is a guy who wants to lock up over 1/2 of Oregons coast to all fishing to protect fish, but at the same time is calling for more comercial harvest on the Columbia.

Some one please explain! I doubt the Gov K will, he is the biggest spineless POS that Oregon has ever had. And Portland voted in the dumbass twice.

Thanks for qualifying the fact that Portland voted the boob in. Hats off to Washington! they have their act together. CCA Oregon is going to have to go some to overcome bias from commissioners, representatives and the gov. I don't understand the stranglehold the salmon chokers have on Oregon. Most of them live in Washington. It's crazy. Even the regular commercial industry looks at the gillwetters as bastard sons. The only reason they stick up for them is it keeps the focus off of the regular fleet.

Why is an industry fighting for a group that makes less than 3% of their income off gillnetting?

Otherwise I'm retired!

#474482 - 12/20/08 07:54 PM Re: Do you shop at ENGLUND Marine? [Re: Jhook]
Carcassman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Olema,California,Planet Earth
Who are the regular cmmercial fishermen?

#474486 - 12/20/08 08:41 PM Re: Do you shop at ENGLUND Marine? [Re: slabhunter]
donno Offline
The Cool kid

Loc: baker prairie
Originally Posted By: slabhunter

Oh, just how to spend that $500 gift card? doh

I'll give ya $100 for it. :-)

Boycotting his business doesn't get the nets off the main stem and doesn't get him off the commission.

#474490 - 12/20/08 08:54 PM Re: Do you shop at ENGLUND Marine? [Re: donno]
sykofish Offline
I'm not short, I'm 'fun size'

Loc: Mulletville
donno,

No it doesnt, but everyone needs to stick up for what they believe in when push comes to shove.

Englund has pushed and shoved, I am simply pushing back.

Rusty Bell

#474566 - 12/21/08 01:47 AM Re: Do you shop at ENGLUND Marine? [Re: sykofish]
KoneZone Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Forest Grove, Oregon
Sykofish I wanted to take the time to clear things up. I like the way you posted the subject. I didn't want to wade in too deep and get my legs chopped off by somebody that's lying in wait. Another words I wasn't going to swear off doing business with Englund's Marine totally. But what the heck I don't really relish paying exorbitant prices. As for selling KoneZone Flashers to them, I haven't received a PO from them for at least three years. The Fax machine isn't exactly burning through reams of paper lately. The decision to put such a blatantly biased individual on the board reeks of political corruption. This can only be laid at the feet of the Oregon voters that chose to elect Sleepy Ted. I had nothing to do with it! The whole state is going to hell in a hand basket and that's an understatement. Pray for the eruption of a brain cell in the majority party or we are all goners. I hope it's not too late. Mike

Mike Hyneman
KoneZone.com
503-348-9442

HeatZone Hand Warmerz, TakeDownz UV Beadz, KoneZone Flasher's, BC Daisy Chains, Fatal Flash Spinners, SquidderDun, SKB Long Range Tackle Box, Bait Button's , Nate's Bait and much more.

#474620 - 12/21/08 03:29 PM Re: Do you shop at ENGLUND Marine? [Re: KoneZone]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

Just say No to special interest policy makers.

#474630 - 12/21/08 04:43 PM Re: Do you shop at ENGLUND Marine? [Re: Illahee]
Carcassman Offline
River Nutrients

So it's OK to have Commissioner's who are Sport Fishing advocates?

#474650 - 12/21/08 06:09 PM Re: Do you shop at ENGLUND Marine? [Re: Carcassman]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

That's the rub, the Oregon Fish Commission is made up of representatives of big timber, big ag, and commercial fishing.
Conspicuously missing is equal representation for sportfishing.

#474652 - 12/21/08 06:13 PM Re: Do you shop at ENGLUND Marine? [Re: Illahee]
sykofish Offline

The commission should be made up of biologists.

At this time, the commission is made up of special intrest groups.

Politics dictate our fisheries.........How smart is that?

Rusty Bell

#474681 - 12/21/08 08:40 PM Re: Do you shop at ENGLUND Marine? [Re: sykofish]
Carcassman Offline
River Nutrients

So, you'll totally support whatever the biologists say is in thebest interests of the resource? Such as only selective fishing, no mixed stock fishing, no stocking of non-native species, and so on?

That would also include removal of most dams, restoration of estuaries, removal of levees so that rivers can flood and channels can move.

What we need is a clearly open and complete dialog. We need the science, but economics, politics, and those other issues need to be part of the discussion. It just needs to be an open discussion, which it certainly isn't now.

#474686 - 12/21/08 08:59 PM Re: Do you shop at ENGLUND Marine? [Re: Carcassman]
sykofish Offline

Well put Carcassman.

We need to find a balance.

The current commission fails to reconize one.

So how do we find the common ground that some of us are looking for?

Rusty Bell

#474720 - 12/22/08 12:13 AM Re: Do you shop at ENGLUND Marine? [Re: sykofish]
Carcassman Offline
River Nutrients

We need people who are willing to compromise. I think, from a Washington perspective, that the issues raised in "Saving Puget Sound" by Lombard and "Salmon 2100" are where the discussion needs to begin. I don't think we can change the Commissions, in the short term. Rather, they need to be challenged.

As is being done with Grays Harbor and Hoh management, there needs to be PUBLIC answers to "why". In at least some cases, the reasons why actions are taken are good ones; they are just kept from us.

Not just in resource management, but in all aspects of government, we need more anwers.

So, my short answer is to participate and demand answers. If "they" won't give them, look for help from the press.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BigRedHead, Gene, Milton Fisher, Selther, SpinyRayLover
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (No More Ice Fishin, steely slammer), 1141 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645373 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |