Three Rivers Marine

Page 6 of 11 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#521378 - 07/20/09 05:45 PM Re: MA 9/10 Opening day report *** [Re: FishRanger]
Neal M Offline
The Enemy

Loc: Bainbridge Island and Sappho, ...
Gilly and summerun and crew certainly bucked the average today....... I should have known better than to do my own thing when Matt is fishing with nobody else around.... Gotta keep an eye on him to keep him honest.

#521381 - 07/20/09 06:05 PM Re: MA 9/10 Opening day report [Re: Neal M]
LoweDown Offline
Conquistador

Loc: Forks, WA
Neal was that you I saw ripping through P.A. with the F/V Tartar Sauce?

#521382 - 07/20/09 06:07 PM Re: MA 9/10 Opening day report [Re: Neal M]
summerrun Offline
Dude, where's my boat?

Loc: Seattle
Ya Neal, that Matt is a sneaky dude:) A huge shoutout to Matt and Tyee Charters. To all that want to get dialed in on the MA 10 fishery give him a call but he is booking up fast so ya better hurry up. You will have fun AND catch fish, good combo in my book.

No pics but we landed 4 keeper kings from 8-16lbs and a nice fat coho. The ones that got away were the story today as we had two obviously huge fish shred our 40lb leaders, violent hits n huge runs then snap! Guess thats what makes ya come back. Better tides towards the later part of this week will get the bite going off more consistently as today we had a great morning bite that lasted an hour or so with other fish mixed in throughout the rest of the day. I need a nap...cheers

#521383 - 07/20/09 06:12 PM Re: MA 9/10 Opening day report [Re: summerrun]
LoweDown Offline
Conquistador

Now you know where he got the name Astroglide.

Edited by LoweDown (07/20/09 06:15 PM)

#521384 - 07/20/09 06:12 PM Re: MA 9/10 Opening day report [Re: summerrun]
Neal M Offline
The Enemy

With the kids hanging out the window with corn dogs and MnM's? Yeah that was me. Fished about an hour and a half at CQ saturday morning for kings with not a touch. Didn't try for silvers, cuz the kids both had to go poop.....

#521386 - 07/20/09 06:18 PM Re: MA 9/10 Opening day report [Re: Neal M]
Castingpearls Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: The Rock
Originally Posted By: Neal M
With the kids hanging out the window with corn dogs and MnM's? Yeah that was me. Fished about an hour and a half at CQ saturday morning for kings with not a touch. Didn't try for silvers, cuz the kids both had to go poop.....

Friggin hilarious! rofl

#521389 - 07/20/09 06:21 PM Re: MA 9/10 Opening day report [Re: Neal M]
LoweDown Offline
Conquistador

Yes. I almost pulled out in front of you when you turned right onto Lauridson Blvd...... smile If you used your turn signal, it isn't working.

That's funny about your kids... king fishing slowed down out there, the fish checker out there is the son of owner of the charter boat I operate. He checked 6 kings for 23 boats on Saturday, 2 of which were illegal undersized blackmouth, two were barely legal blackmouth, and the others were about 8 and 15 lbs. Notso Hotso. But the silver fishing has been good.

I'd like to encourage people to take a little more time and care in identifying their fish, both for species and size....

#521393 - 07/20/09 06:29 PM Re: MA 9/10 Opening day report [Re: LoweDown]
Neal M Offline
The Enemy

So you were the guy I cut off smile Sorry about that! Seriously, I was trying to hear myself think over my son wailing from the back seat that he was either going to vomit or poop his pants. He came down with a stomach bug while we were out at the cabin. We were on the hunt for a bathroom, and it was a last minute decision to make that turn! Thankfully we made it to Safeway in time....
I have a hunch less than half the people fishing out there can tell the difference between a pink and a BM.... The Game Warden was at the dock when I pulled out, so hopefully there was some edjumucation going on....

#521394 - 07/20/09 06:33 PM Re: MA 9/10 Opening day report [Re: Neal M]
LoweDown Offline
Conquistador

haha no worries man. smile sounds like you had your hands full..... rofl

sorry to hear the little guy had a rough go.

the funniest/saddest thing about the humpy/bm mis-identification trip, is the people that bring in adipose-clipped undersize bm, then argue strenuously in favor of them actually being pinks. in case anyone's not aware, there are NO hatchery humpy's. eek

#521398 - 07/20/09 07:09 PM Re: MA 9/10 Opening day report [Re: LoweDown]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
A guy at work witnessed a 32lber being caught on the Edmonds pier on Sunday, but overall it was slow.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#521407 - 07/20/09 07:35 PM Re: MA 9/10 Opening day report [Re: Jerry Garcia]
bonkit Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Port Orchard
well we had our yearly Carlsen fishing derby Sat and Sun. 27 Anglers in the party 0 keeper fish....Pretty frustrating...We only saw 1 other boat release a nice 20+ native...Started Eglon trolled with tides thru Point no point, finishing out of Skunk Bay...Saturday tried Fowl Weather Bluff...Can't believe 0 fish for all of us...Sunday Fish checker, checked 0 fish when we pulled out of Kingston at 10:30am...We will carry the purse and the rod sage made for us until next year...

Must all be up North still.....

#521414 - 07/20/09 08:18 PM Re: MA 9/10 Opening day report [Re: Waterboy]
Sleddddder Offline
Spawner

Loc: Lake Stevens
Originally Posted By: Waterboy
Are you guys fishing mid channel with gear on the bottom? Or are the fish suspended there?

We got all ours right on the bottom. One hit when the ball was laying on the bottom paying out downrigger cable, go figure.

#521418 - 07/20/09 08:24 PM Re: MA 9/10 Opening day report [Re: Sleddddder]
bonkit Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Port Orchard
We fished top, middle, deep and dragging downrigger ball....Don't know what we did wrong... o-well, next time

#521446 - 07/20/09 10:06 PM Re: MA 9/10 Opening day report [Re: bonkit]
FASTWATER Offline
Spawner

Loc: Place's you only dream about
Saturday took the girls to Jeffhead ended up with one 20+ for 6 hours trolling. after tide switched run over to the oil docks for a leisurely pass up to carkeek just for a looksee, I liked what I saw but the tide was wrong > So Sunday my buddy and I O darked thirty up to Richmond Beach , 3 passes 3 kings and as soon as the sun hit the water it was over nothing big but mature fish, when we went in fish checker had 5 fish for 30 boats so we were smiling!!!PEACE

#521458 - 07/20/09 10:27 PM Re: MA 9/10 Opening day report [Re: FASTWATER]
lovetofish365 Offline
Hahahaha haha ha

Loc: Silverdale WA
you would be surprised how many people cant tell the difference...i have been on the dock filleting my fish and people throw those up and i cant help but give em a earfull....they say they are humpies, and i say no that is a text book chinook....of course i alway explain...people should not keep fish until they know what they are...it does not look good at north of falcon when we cant control sporties...stupid people...anyway....

was thinking of heading up to Seiku again...sorry i didnt post a report...ill have to do that...sorry...c

#521496 - 07/21/09 12:15 AM Re: MA 9/10 Opening day report [Re: Sky-Guy]
Captain Q Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle, WA
Originally Posted By: Sky-Guy
Spud, CaptainQ, or anyone else have any pics of some chrome pigs I heard about from over the weekend?

No pics as I was solo on Sunday, but she was a beaut.

Good to see Supcoop and Parker out there this morning. Tally for Team Q today was 2 wild 18-20# kings cnr, 1 dink 8# clipped king bonked and 1 3# silver bonked. All fish came on either the green or purple haze hotspot and purple haze ace high fly. We'll be out again tomorrow.

#521498 - 07/21/09 12:17 AM Re: MA 9/10 Opening day report [Re: lovetofish365]
seastrike Offline
Hey Man....It's cool...

Loc: seattle
Keith's reports this morning while I was driving N from Chico were killing me. Didn't know he was fishing with Gilly. Makes sense now!
Cap Q sounded like he did alright from his spot as well.
I'm looking fwd to getting in the game later this week.
Truck is going into the shop for a week starting tomorrow morning.....any body feel like towing my boat about 4 miles to and from the ramp (Shilshole) give me a shout! Before anybody says it 3 Rivers has been through the boat and she's running great :-) The boy will be at mom's and then out of town camping for the next 12 days.
Hope y'all didn't catch all of em.

#521515 - 07/21/09 01:07 AM Re: MA 9/10 Opening day report [Re: seastrike]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
My boat went from nasty dirty pollen coated spiderweb farm to the old shiny fish killin' machine in about 4 hours tonight. I've been so busy with work and house projects I hadn't touched it in months. Surprisingly, for once in my life, everything checked out and works great after being stored for several months. Trailer lights, electrical, battery in good condition...I was amazed!

...hope I didnt just jinx myself rofl

Looking forward to some MA9 coho trips with Rico and crew, and hitting MA9/10 a ton over the next month....

beer

#521528 - 07/21/09 01:41 AM Re: MA 9/10 Opening day report [Re: Sky-Guy]
coho-bankie Offline
Eyed Egg

Question....kind of new to the downrigger game. I was fishing meadow point on Sunday (all day), marked fish but they wouldn't bite. Went with hoochies, and coyote's in 120 - 180ft of water with ball down around 80-110. In the morning two guys caught kinger's but overall appeared slow. Around 11:30 the flood tide got trucking and I found large schools of fish, and big bait balls pushing up against the point. Managed to entice one shaker on a jig of all things, he went back to his friends, and had another shaker hit the coyote. Now these fish were in a zone of 200-250 ft of water down around 150-180ft. The question is what would you run and how would you do it. I got down deep and trolled through the zone but nothing. Help a guy out please. Colors, depth, leader length, fast troll with the tide, how bout deeper water toward the fishing lanes? Thank you in advance. This is frustrating. I went to the locks this evening and teener kings in the window. I gave them the finger and left. Thanks.

#521543 - 07/21/09 07:41 AM Re: MA 9/10 Opening day report [Re: coho-bankie]
Neal M Offline
The Enemy

Originally Posted By: coho-bankie
This is frustrating. I gave them the finger and left. Thanks.

smile Try talking to them softly next time, and it may work out better for you!
Sounds like you did as well as most on sunday. You say your depth range is 80-110. In the morning, start shallow (30-50 ft). Then go deeper as the day goes on, or the bait warrants. If you are marking fish at 180 (its probablly bait) drop it down to 180! Remember the throw back decreases the depth your lure is at, so adjust accordingly to be at the depth the fish are haunting.
Good luck.
Neal

Page 6 of 11 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Born2Boat, Dirk Mc Girk, Frankster, Oz-fish, starfisher
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 335 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |