Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#523401 - 07/28/09 11:57 AM Re: Racist or not? [Re: ]
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
Quote:
OK!

Race-baiting rantings by a conservative economist? That's the best you can do? rofl Birther.

#523418 - 07/28/09 12:41 PM Re: Racist or not? [Re: ]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Originally Posted By: AuntyM
OK!

An 18th century philosopher said, "When I speak I put on a mask. When I act I am forced to take it off." Barack Obama's mask slipped for a moment last week but he quickly recovered, with the help of the media. But we should never forget what we saw.

KK, you seem to stand tall and proud for Obama... Care to comment on this?

Keith eek2

#523452 - 07/28/09 01:32 PM Re: Racist or not? [Re: stlhdr1]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

BWP,

Of course Gate's house is his castle, but the accounts strongly suggest he hassled the cop after reluctantly showing his ID. Seems to me if race weren't an issue for either of them it would have gone thusly:

Cop: Hey, we got a call that someone might be breaking into this house. Who are you and what are you doing here?

Gates: I'm Henry Gates and I live here. Just got in from a trip - point to suitcase - and the door was stuck shut even after I unlocked it.

Cop: OK, but how's about showing me some ID so my report shows that the occupant of the house verified he lives here?

Gates: Yeah, no prob. Thanks for following up and looking after the place. Come in, sit down, let's have a beer; it's hot.

Cop: love to, but can't during duty hours.

#523466 - 07/28/09 02:10 PM Re: Racist or not? [Re: Salmo g.]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Yeah...............but who can snivel and rant for 7 pages over a conversation like THAT?

Jeezus........next thing you know, you'll tell us there are more pressing matters to discuss than what went down between the cop and the prof, and what the Pres. had to say about it.

Reminds me of dressing a scraped knee, while the femoral artery is gushing blood.

Where's that f'n gas can?

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#523514 - 07/28/09 04:23 PM Re: Racist or not? [Re: ]
chasbo Offline
Spawner

Loc: oly

#523528 - 07/28/09 05:24 PM Re: Racist or not? [Re: Dan S.]
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Dan S.
Jeezus........next thing you know, you'll tell us there are more pressing matters to discuss
The President's going to drink...... Bud. sick

#523591 - 07/28/09 07:40 PM Re: Racist or not? [Re: ]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Island Time
Originally Posted By: Kanektok Kid
Thomas Sowell is a fuk stik, only a sh!t stained dildo would pay any attention to what he says.

There Keith, I commented on it.

WOW....you paid enough attention to elevate yourself to sh!t stained dildo....good job SSD!

Here is another sh!t stained dildo from harvard of the correct color to be a real SSD..kinda like "Skip".

Guest Opinion
by Professor John Evans Evans-John
Harvard School of Harvard Faculty [bleep] Studies
Harvard University

When I first learned of the arrest of my colleague Professor Henry Louis "Skip" Gates after he stood up to the fascist jackboots of a declasse, ill-educated Cambridge police officer, I was of course angered -- but scarcely shocked. L'Affaire Gates simply aired, in public, the dirty 100-thread-count table linen of an American culture where Harvard faculty [bleep] still face a daily struggle against profiling, abuse, and insolence.

It will come as no surprise that Skip's arrest was the talk of the Douchebag Room at the Harvard Faculty Club last Friday. I and a group of colleagues had assembled for our weekly lunch; I opted for their competently-prepared Ahi Tuna Tartare and an amusing glass of '05 Hospices de Beaune Premier Cru Cuvee Cyrot-Chaudron. I had noticed that the Frantz Fanon Memorial Booth -- Skip's long-reserved lunch spot -- was uncharacteristically empty, and asked our waiter Sergio for an explanation.

"Professor Skeep, he no is come today," said Sergio. "I tink he is in the jail."

Our table exchanged knowing glances, for we knew immediately that Skip was only the latest victim of a system that singles out the Harvard faculty [bleep] for stigmatization and unequal justice. It is a system that all of us knew too well, and provided an opportunity for an open conversation about our shared experiences as Harvard faculty [bleep] in America while waiting for Sergio to bring the dessert cart.

One after one came the cascade of stark stories: the rolled eyes of our department secretaries. The Spanish language mockery of our office janitors. The foul gestures of drunken strap-hanging Red Sox lumpenproles aboard the Red Line. The frequent police stops on the highway to Cape Ann and Martha's Vineyard for "Volvoing While [bleep]." And then there are the insulting media stereotypes, where we are routinely caricatured as pompous, effete, self-important, irrelevant elitists. All, I might add, by a motley collection of lowbrow inferiors, few of whom have ever published in a peer-reviewed journal. Let alone edit one.

Sometimes it even comes at the hand of self-styled "peers" from D-list state ampersand institutions. One colleague recounted the tale of his restroom confrontation with a Texas A&M professor at a national academic conference last year. After relieving themselves at adjacent urinals, my colleague noticed the oaf leaving hastily for the plenary session and decided to gently point out his hygienic forgetfulness. "A Harvard man washes his hands after urinating," he said. "And an Aggie don't piss all over his hands, [bleep]," came the reply.

A female colleague from the English department recalled a recent incident along the Charles River jogging path during her regular morning run. A confused passer-by rudely interrupted her progress and requested directions, as if my colleague were some sort of lowly campus guide or untenured adjunct. "Where is the library at?" she demanded. Naturally, my colleague took the opportunity to correct her, noting that "at Harvard we do not end our sentences in prepositions."

"Okay, where is the library at, [bleep]?" barked the interloper. Needless to say, my colleague's daily morning runs have since been replaced with tear-filled visits to the Faculty [bleep] Self Esteem Counseling Center.

For untold hundreds of Harvard faculty [bleep] such indignities are, sadly, still part and parcel of being "The Other." As Associate Director of the School of Harvard Faculty [bleep] Studies, I have worked to institute policies to insure that Harvard maintains a nurturing environment for all [bleep] in our community, be they faculty, students, or alumni. Some progress has been made, such as Harvard's mandatory sensitivity and deference training program for all incoming freshassholes. But such internal programs do little to address the impertinence and discrimination we still face outside campus. Some have suggested that we involve the Cambridge Police Department in an educational outreach program, but in my experience the CPD is among the worst offenders.

Case in point: last winter I was slated to deliver the keynote address for an intradepartmental [bleep] colloquium at Lowell House. Running late, I temporarily parked along Plympton. As I emerged from my Audi, I discovered that I had captured the unwelcome attention of a CPD officer. "Hey Buddy, is that your car?" he barked.

"Why? Because I'm a Harvard faculty [bleep] in America?" I cleverly retorted.

"No [bleep], because this is a snow route and you can't double park here," he sneered, concocting a flimsy excuse for his continued harassment. "You have to move it now."

"That's Professor [bleep] to you, you fascist townie," I explained, tossing him the Audi's remote-start key. "Need a valet? Call your mother at the brothel."

It doesn't take an experienced [bleep] rights activist to tell you what happened next: my Audi was on its way to impound while I rode to the Cambridge Police Station in the unheated vinyl rear seat of Bull Conner's squad car. To add insult to injury, the desk officer refused my request for a dignified background bookshelf for my booking photos.

Thankfully the Constitution still allows even Harvard [bleep] a bare modicum of human rights, so I used my allotted phone call to alert the Dean and the Faculty Grievance Committee to my plight. In those 35 excruciating minutes I wasted away waiting in that stark cell, I wrote the opening chapter of "Letters From a Cambridge Jail," my forthcoming scholarly magnum opus on the grim legacy of [bleep] oppression in America.

Eventually my arrest record was expunged and I agreed to meet the loathsome arresting officer at President Faust's office for a conciliatory off-record "beer chat." As the University Counsel had predicted, the lure of free limitless alcohol proved irresistible to the simpleminded Irishman, and he was soon happily signing confessions of guilt and abject apologies. Still, even after he was fired, I was left to pick up the pieces of my shattered psyche.

As I recounted the details of that unpleasant encounter to my colleagues, a few wondered aloud if we were not better served by changing the system gradually. Then our eyes turned to the stately historic portraits of the Harvard faculty [bleep] who came before us, hanging in silent judgment on the Douchebag Room walls; Schlessinger, Galbraith, Leary, Cornel West, Alan Dershowitz, Theodore Kaczynski. Would these great [bleep] have accepted complicit silence in the face of crude police insolence? How will we be remembered by future generations of Harvard faculty [bleep] who will battle future generations of Cambridge police and parking enforcement officials? Where is Sergio with the damned dessert cart?

Some suggest that the election of President Obama proves that America's prejudice against Harvard [bleep] is a quaint relic of the past. But for those of us who live with it every day, the evidence shows the opposite. And it isn't just Harvard [bleep] suffering the cold, rude hand of uppity townie privilege. Other, if less endowed, [bleep] faculties suffer similar oppression; in the southern Lacrosse fields of Duke, in the west coast arugula farms of Stanford, at Northwestern, where ever Northwestern is.

No, we must not be silent. That is why I have used a portion of my class action windfall against the Cambridge Police department to produce a shocking new documentary film, "[bleep] Like Me," detailing the courageous plight of the tenured Sphincter-American community. It premiers this Friday at the Science Center. Get your tickets now -- with free beer on tap, demand will be high!

If you don't like our prices bring your wife down and we'll dicker.

#523672 - 07/28/09 11:15 PM Re: Racist or not? [Re: ]
Magicfly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Pasco Bulldog country
Funny stuff right there....

Mf

"Go hard, today Can't worry the past, coz that yesterday". GO COUGS!!!

#523805 - 07/29/09 11:13 AM Re: Racist or not? [Re: ]
Mikespike Offline
MPD

Loc: Santa Rosa, CA
Originally Posted By: Hankster

If you initially refuse to show your I.D. then get lippy with the cop, you're going to be arrested and it doesn't matter if you're white,black or plaid.

all i've gotten from this entire thread is that some people might be plaid wink

only in SF Hankster, only in SF - oh yeah, the democratic independent people's rent controlled state of Berkely too rofl

"Holy hell son, you're about as useful as a cock flavored lollipop."

#523842 - 07/29/09 01:33 PM Re: Racist or not? [Re: ]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Beck works for FOX? Ergo, zero credibility among thinking people. Further, what's the big deal? Practically everybody's a racist to some degree; most just don't know or refuse to admit it. FOX ought to consider going into the news business, but then again, they're ill prepared for that line of work.

Sg

#523846 - 07/29/09 02:07 PM Re: Racist or not? [Re: Salmo g.]
willametteriveroutlaw Offline
Spawner

Loc: Idaho
Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
Beck works for FOX? Ergo, zero credibility among self righteous libs.

See fixed it for you. BTW CNN is boased towards the Libs, Fox is Biased for conservatives. Funny thing is though Fox has higher ratings..

BTW

Colin Powell had this to say about the whole incident..

"When you're faced with an officer trying to do his job and get to the bottom of something, this is not the time to get in an argument with him," Powell told CNN's "Larry King Live."

"I was taught that as a child. You don't argue with a police officer."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_world...l#ixzz0MfmpMIOy

#523855 - 07/29/09 02:53 PM Re: Racist or not? [Re: willametteriveroutlaw]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

WRO,

FYI, Aunty outed me in that "other" forum as a fraud who's not really a liberal, so I'm not sure what you think you fixed.

All the "would be" news networks are biased, with FOX being further over the edge than most, albeit the opposite edge.

Colin Powell is a very smart man. I probably think that because he thinks so much like me. I wonder why he'd go on Larry King's show however.

Sg

#523858 - 07/29/09 03:28 PM Re: Racist or not? [Re: willametteriveroutlaw]
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: willametteriveroutlaw
Colin Powell had this to say about the whole incident..
Powell also said this:

"Once they felt they had to bring Dr. Gates out of the house and to handcuff him, I would have thought at that point some adult supervision would have stepped in and said, OK, look, it is his house. Come on, let's not take this any further. Take the handcuffs off. Goodnight, Dr. Gates."

Powell stated that he'd been racially profiled many times, and as an example said, "as a national security adviser to the president of the United States, I went down to meet somebody at Reagan National Airport and nobody recognized -- nobody thought I could possibly be the national security adviser to the president. I was just a black guy at Reagan National Airport. And it was only when I went up to the counter and said, "Is my guest here who's waiting for me?" did somebody say, "Oh, you're General Powell." It was inconceivable to him that a black guy could be the national security adviser. "

#523866 - 07/29/09 04:41 PM Re: Racist or not? [Re: goharley]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Thanks for the rest of the story. No wonder I've always been a fan of Powell. The guy's at least as smart as me.

#523901 - 07/29/09 06:50 PM Re: Racist or not? [Re: Salmo g.]
Happy Birthday Krijack Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
Seems to me the cops had every right to insist on ID. Mr. Gates was being a jerk and should have complied immediately. But... once he did and the cops were aware that no crime was taking place, they had no right to be on his property anymore. At that point if they did not leave immediately when asked to, they would be trespassing. I would guess that the officers were pissed of at him due to his actions and were taking there time to leave. He followed them out giving them his opinion. Remember, at this time, refusing to vacate the property would be a legal trespass. They had no warrant and no longer had reason to beleive a crime was taking place. I would be of the opinion that if they can not prove he was a threat to them or was so disruptive as to facilitate a disturbance to his neighbors or the pulic in general, they are liable for a false arrest. It is hard for me to believe that a single person, even yelling at the top of his lungs (in the middle of the day) at a person who is leaving, constitutes a public disturbance, especially when you consider the moment the person leaves the disturbance is most likely to end. Gates is a jerk. The cops were illegal in their actions and should have to pay. Race was probably only a factor to Gates.

Giving respect to all cops is like saying we should give respect to all our elders. I am sure I could find you a couple old farts (or cops for that matter) that would love to bend you over and..... Hey, just give them respect and comply with their wishes. It will be over in a few minutes anyways.

#523953 - 07/29/09 10:53 PM Re: Racist or not? [Re: Krijack]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Krijack,

I truly believe there are cops and cop actions that don't deserve the slightest degree of respect. Nonetheless, whether good cop or bad, they have the gun, the baton, and the Taser. Consequently when cops misbehave, you have to get your payback another day and another way.

Sg

#523995 - 07/30/09 12:53 AM Re: Racist or not? [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

This thread is right up there with "Pinks are skanks "
rofl

- Albert Einstein.

#523997 - 07/30/09 12:55 AM Re: Racist or not? [Re: Sol Duc]
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Stumpy Acres
We should now call it "Libs are skanks"

#524044 - 07/30/09 09:50 AM Re: Racist or not? [Re: ]
eddie Offline
Carcass

Loc: Valencia, Negros Oriental, Phi...
Marsha, you put a serious hurt on my serenity virtually every time you post. Does that mean I could have you arrested????? LOL

R.P. McMurphy - One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

#524083 - 07/30/09 12:45 PM Re: Racist or not? [Re: ]
hohbomb73 Offline
D.E.A

Loc: in da hood
Originally Posted By: AuntyM
I might like being handcuffed and roughed up a little

Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat.

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1407 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |