Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#523723 - 07/29/09 12:46 AM Re: Cash for Clunkers "kind of sad" [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
And yet all those donkeys voted for the incumbent.........or at least 85% of those that gave Congree a 29 % favorable score did.

Hey..........maybe they're only 29% favorable because 85% of the goats will vote for them no matter what.

And no Poli-Sci degree, either. smile

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#523765 - 07/29/09 04:04 AM Re: Cash for Clunkers "kind of sad" [Re: ]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: South Sound
It's amazing how much Aunty beatches, whines, pisses & moans about all her "tax payer dollars" going to waste, yet she vacuums up more taxpayer dollars off the gov't teat than a battalion of welfare moms with a dozen bastage children each. Like I've said before. She's just a big fat sow at the taxpayer trough grunting that more piglets want in on her free dinner.

#523781 - 07/29/09 08:55 AM Re: Cash for Clunkers "kind of sad" [Re: ]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
Originally Posted By: Kanektok Kid
Originally Posted By: Jerry Garcia
And now what I'm hearing is that I will have to accept less care, longer waits, hospice and end of life counsoling after I retire.

Total unadulterated bullchit Jerry, I sort of surprised you'd even trot that line out here.

Yer hearin' that on Fox, Hannity, Limbaugh and other assorted wingnut propaganda.

It's amazing that so many of the posters here haven't a clue what this is all about.

I take that back, it isn't amazing, it's to be expected.

Especially from wingnuts....................... rofl

Don't watch Hannity and haven't heard Rush in 10 years(guy in the shop had him on his radio), you can't add 47 million more people to the current health care provider system without reducing care for those already insured. If in one instant the amount of landscapers increased 25% would that affect your business? Obama himself was the one talking about hospice taking a pill instead of an operation.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#523782 - 07/29/09 08:57 AM Re: Cash for Clunkers "kind of sad" [Re: Dan S.]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
Oh, and everyone's in. No exceptions. The system depends on EVERYONE paying in, so the pool of those that don't burden the health care system will cover those that do. But here's a secret.........if you ARE a burden to the health care system, it had better be due to genetics, an accident, or simple bad luck, and NOT due to your laziness.

I agree Dan--- everybody should pay, but that's not how it will be set up.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#523793 - 07/29/09 10:11 AM Re: Cash for Clunkers "kind of sad" [Re: ]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Coverage for everyone would be a big win for employees. No more will you worry about whopping monthly insurance costs if you lose or quit your job. You'll truly be able to say "take this job and shove it" and not have to worry about paying $500 a month. Corp America loses a big hook.

Here's what I think should happen but won't:

We regulate the insurance industry now. If they want an increase it needs to be approved/justified. That justification comes from the ever rising costs.....drugs, machines, etc. Why not regulate the costs? I had a CT scan. Took about 20 minutes. The bill came to $1,500. Are you kidding me? Machines should be break even not for profit. I was prescribed a drug last year. For me it was a $50 copay for a 90 supply. The total charge, however, was over $2,000. Are you kidding me? Then those little pills ended up swelling up my veins and putting me over night in the hospital with the same symptoms as a heart attack. Co pay to me but total cost for less than 24 hrs in a bed over $15,000. Are you kidding me?

What's truly wrong with our health care system is the raping and pillaging going on and the politicians who condone it.

#523852 - 07/29/09 02:27 PM Re: Cash for Clunkers "kind of sad" [Re: ]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
Originally Posted By: AuntyM
We will go broke trying to cover people as long as the profit margin is so high with the current situation.

#523862 - 07/29/09 04:29 PM Re: Cash for Clunkers "kind of sad" [Re: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D]
NOFISH Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Olalla, WA
If the decision-makers on The Great Plan are anything like this clown, we're all doomed

http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=51610&print=on

Damn Stam!
Remember, Ask yourself "What would Stam do?" smile

#523920 - 07/29/09 09:16 PM Re: Cash for Clunkers "kind of sad" [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Originally Posted By: AM
So, some yahoo who likes contact sports and gets himself hurt on a regular basis with his high risk behavior will be covered??? Those idiots making youtube videos and hurting themselves on purpose should be covered??? People who refuse to practice safe sex should be covered when the get some sort of STD? Those who get hooked on meth and other illegal substances should get coverage? Those with chronic alcohol problems should get health insurance too?

I looked back to see where I typed anything close to that, but couldn't find it.

#523930 - 07/29/09 09:40 PM Re: Cash for Clunkers "kind of sad" [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline

Uh, no.

I only included two groups who are a huge burden on the health care system in the interest of time.

But if you'd like to add up the cost of smokers, other tobacco users , and the obese on the health care system, and compare it to the costs of all accidents, illicit drug use and STD's and see how they stack up, fine with me. The comparison borders on asinine.

You mean my bias derived from being a Copenhagen chewer who would be subject to being kicked out of my own plan if I didn't quit?

Yeah.............my bias has everything to do with it, and the burden placed on the health care system by smokers and the obese has nothing to do with it.

#523931 - 07/29/09 09:42 PM Re: Cash for Clunkers "kind of sad" [Re: ]
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
Why should I pay for peoples insurance who have health problems due to promiscuity, stupidity or illegal drug abuse?
For the same reason taxpayers pay for military spouses' care that have health problems due to promiscuity, stupidity or illegal drug abuse.

#523952 - 07/29/09 10:50 PM Re: Cash for Clunkers "kind of sad" [Re: goharley]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

I thought we'd adopted a Piscatorial Pursuits Philosophy that "stupidity should hurt." Therefore, patients with ailments caused largely or wholly by stupidity should have to pay more.

Aunty, I don't think anyone said smokers are evil. That appears to be something you read into Dan's earlier post. More accurate to say that smokers are drug addicts; just that their drug happens to be legal, whereas some drug users are addicted to drugs deemed illegal. Biochemically they're all the same in that regard. Legal/illegal is a social legal value independent of the biological and chemical attributes of the respective substances. So a smoker is no more evil than a meth head. Both are substance abusers who are hooked. And as Dan points out, the 400,000 US smokers who die from tobacco use each year make the meth deaths a drop in the proverbial bucket.

Sg

#523974 - 07/29/09 11:40 PM Re: Cash for Clunkers "kind of sad" [Re: ]
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Not nice to talk about your own spouse like that...
My wife's not a military spouse, she's a retiree, and she's taken well enough care of herself that she'll never be near the drain on the system that you are.

#524029 - 07/30/09 09:03 AM Re: Cash for Clunkers "kind of sad" [Re: ]
hohbomb73 Offline
D.E.A

Loc: in da hood
Personal attacks before 6 am?!?

Give it a friggin' rest. Go eat some bran flakes or something...

wink

Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat.

#524052 - 07/30/09 10:39 AM Re: Cash for Clunkers "kind of sad" [Re: ]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Hankster, the bill I see is from my inurance company and lists the amount paid to the clinic. The contracted rate. $1,500 for a 20 minute CT scan.

So let's do your math:

1.5 mil for the machine and we'll round up to another 1 mil a year for your senior tech working in a major city, radiologist at the highest end, $300k a year for maintenance and we'll leave the doc out since he doesn't see a dime unless there's kickbacks:

$2.5 mil a year / 4,500 hr = 555 hours = 69 days = 13.8 weeks to break even.

Thank you for agreeing with me.

#524059 - 07/30/09 11:06 AM Re: Cash for Clunkers "kind of sad" [Re: hohbomb73]
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: hohbomb73
Give it a friggin' rest. Go eat some bran flakes or something...
With lots, and lots, and LOTS of sugar.

#524060 - 07/30/09 11:10 AM Re: Cash for Clunkers "kind of sad" [Re: goharley]
seastrike Offline
Hey Man....It's cool...

Loc: seattle
It's gotta be the heat. Some of you folks are getting on my nerves.

#524067 - 07/30/09 11:58 AM Re: Cash for Clunkers "kind of sad" [Re: seastrike]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

You know what they say

"If you can't stand the heat....there's a drug for that"

#524077 - 07/30/09 12:29 PM Re: Cash for Clunkers "kind of sad" [Re: stlhead]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
Sounds like it is time to take the keys away from Gramma...

#524084 - 07/30/09 12:47 PM Re: Cash for Clunkers "kind of sad" [Re: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D]
hohbomb73 Offline
D.E.A

Loc: in da hood
There seems to be some kind of a "theme" developing here with this thread...

rofl

Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat.

#524085 - 07/30/09 12:59 PM Re: Cash for Clunkers "kind of sad" [Re: hohbomb73]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Same theme that eventually develops in all of 'em...and it seems that most everyone sees it and recognizes it for exactly what it is except for a very few, who either can't see it or are foolish enough to think that no one else can.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1426 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |