THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#529366 - 08/17/09 02:30 AM Re: chum vs. pink vs. coho vs. chinook eggs [Re: stlhdr1]
Big Stick Offline
"Sasquatch on Land"

Loc: Paradise,AK.
You are at the mercy of your faculties and that'd be a bridge that can't be crossed...though I can happily waltz you through the motions,if only to humor myself.

(Please disregard my Post count,should you find it unsettling.)

#529371 - 08/17/09 02:33 AM Re: chum vs. pink vs. coho vs. chinook eggs [Re: Big Stick]
Satan Offline
I love me

Loc: Around the way
Why don't you teach us to eat (censored)?

#529372 - 08/17/09 02:33 AM Re: chum vs. pink vs. coho vs. chinook eggs [Re: Big Stick]
Addicted Offline
Rico Suave

Loc: Whidbey Island
I'll go head to head with experience.

#529379 - 08/17/09 02:40 AM Re: chum vs. pink vs. coho vs. chinook eggs [Re: Big Stick]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Originally Posted By: Big Stick
You are at the mercy of your faculties and that'd be a bridge that can't be crossed...though I can happily waltz you through the motions,if only to humor myself.

Ahh jeez...... I sit here wishing I had the sheer #'s of fish you have up North Stick....... What would you do if a decent fisherman followed you down the river showing you what really existed?

Keith rofl

#529381 - 08/17/09 02:42 AM Re: chum vs. pink vs. coho vs. chinook eggs [Re: stlhdr1]
Big Stick Offline
"Sasquatch on Land"

Loc: Paradise,AK.
Good Luck on that Wish...while I live the dream.

(Please disregard my Post count,should you find it unsettling.)

#529387 - 08/17/09 02:46 AM Re: chum vs. pink vs. coho vs. chinook eggs [Re: Big Stick]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Originally Posted By: Big Stick
Good Luck on that Wish...while I live the dream.

Dream... I'll give that to ya. Spoiled with sheer #'s.. I know a couple kids that rode the short bus that would give you a run for your money.....

Keith rofl

#529388 - 08/17/09 02:46 AM Re: chum vs. pink vs. coho vs. chinook eggs [Re: Big Stick]
Addicted Offline
Rico Suave

I"m living the dream, in my land and yours. It's all good, it'll continue, the dream is good, and getting better...in real time.

#529435 - 08/17/09 11:25 AM Re: chum vs. pink vs. coho vs. chinook eggs [Re: stlhdr1]
salmon bake Offline
I get my candy from Todd

Numbers are way off the chain here in the PNW right now and I was lucky enough to have a fiancée who let me chase other tails besides hers all weekend in the form of chrome nooks, coho and humpies. She let's me go fish lots as long as I cure the baits outside and as long as I have FUN. I'm a lucky dude for sure! What an amazing turn of fishing events we are having on the columbia river where on friday my crew and I banged salmonoids like the days of 2001. With grips of egg baits on the cure of multiple species I noticed something: pink eggs are able to take a ton of cure without burning them! Me like that, have some spicy bait that stays supple and milks out like crazy. Plan on me being on the fish with these berries soon! Relax out there and enjoy the fatty runs of chrome infesting our waters. Don't miss the point of fishin, save the "I am the best fisherman" TUDE for your close buddies, and keep it out of my ears cause I aint caring who is the best, just who is the coolest, fun loving fish seekers. Love the post by addicted with his island crew having a blast fishing and chillin! That's how ya do it! Come on now what's your favorite baits peeps?! Whoop! Whoop! Eeeeoowww!

#529436 - 08/17/09 11:33 AM Re: chum vs. pink vs. coho vs. chinook eggs [Re: salmon bake]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
I'll stick with the gallon jar of king eggs I have curing up in my fridge now, thanks.

Another day and they will be perfect.

King, coho, and steelhead eggs only for me, please. Don't have access to Reds down here and you'd have to pay me to touch a humpy or a chum, let alone kill one just for the eggs.

#529442 - 08/17/09 11:42 AM Re: chum vs. pink vs. coho vs. chinook eggs [Re: The Moderator]
Addicted Offline
Rico Suave

Well, see ya'll's, I'm gonna go use my humpy eggs to get some kingers. Have a fine day debating the said northerly teachings of timber legs. I intend on going all Big Stick on two kings with my lowly eggs from my worthless mini egg wagons while their meat continues to smoke up.

#529476 - 08/17/09 01:21 PM Re: chum vs. pink vs. coho vs. chinook eggs [Re: Addicted]
bongo Offline
Parr

Loc: BC
we find chum roe most productive in BC rivers.

#529478 - 08/17/09 01:25 PM Re: chum vs. pink vs. coho vs. chinook eggs [Re: bongo]
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
WOW.Good luck,
STRIKE ZONE

#529480 - 08/17/09 01:29 PM Re: chum vs. pink vs. coho vs. chinook eggs [Re: STRIKE ZONE]
superfly Offline
The Renegade White Man

Loc: The Coast or the Keys !!!
Chum eggs are awesome parker, they cure up much better then king eggs, but I like King, Silver, Steelhead or chum eggs, No Cumpy or sockeye eggs for me.

Peace
Fly

360-888-7772

Stay Tuned for upcoming Hunts & Fishing info...........

New website & Channel Dropping soon !

Stay tuned for Turkey, Bear & Deer Hunts Along with Guided Sport Fishing.

Book Release Prior to Christmas 2021

#529481 - 08/17/09 01:29 PM Re: chum vs. pink vs. coho vs. chinook eggs [Re: STRIKE ZONE]
IrishRogue Offline
Poon it! Poon it! Poon it!

Loc: Yarrow Point
Somebody please, please, put a stop to the B. S.

#529486 - 08/17/09 01:35 PM Re: chum vs. pink vs. coho vs. chinook eggs [Re: Addicted]
salmon bake Offline
I get my candy from Todd

Salmon cakes are a great use for lesser species of salmon. Capers shallots and panko breadcrumbs can make any salmon into a gourmet meal. I like pinks and Keta salmon smoked as long as the fish was caught while still chrome and in ocean form. Old folks will take any salmon u give them and they will think its delicious. Glad to hear the pink eggs work on the nooks, can't wait to take mine to fish under a bobber where the nooks don't see humpie eggs. Having something different produces bites. I know guys in oregon who haul eggs in Alaska to fish down south and do very well on them. How about shad eggs? Seen them work on springers. I would use the shad for crab and sturgeon bait, not a recipe in the world to make shad something I will eat

#529487 - 08/17/09 01:36 PM Re: chum vs. pink vs. coho vs. chinook eggs [Re: superfly]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Originally Posted By: superfly
Chum eggs are awesome parker

That could very well be, but in order to get some to cure up, that would mean I'd have to target chums, or beg some of the bloodied up chum eggs off of Edgar or Jonas.

Both are not appealing to me.

Hey, did you get my voice mails? Offers still stand.

#529513 - 08/17/09 02:50 PM Re: chum vs. pink vs. coho vs. chinook eggs [Re: The Moderator]
willametteriveroutlaw Offline
Spawner

Loc: Idaho
Originally Posted By: parker
Originally Posted By: superfly
Chum eggs are awesome parker

That could very well be, but in order to get some to cure up, that would mean I'd have to target chums, or beg some of the bloodied up chum eggs off of Edgar or Jonas.

Chum eggs and Pink eggs take Dye and cure very well and milk great, blood schmlood it dont matter much. Putting decent bait infront of fish is the most important thing.

#529514 - 08/17/09 02:50 PM Re: chum vs. pink vs. coho vs. chinook eggs [Re: The Moderator]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Tight chum eggs are the key.. Tough to find in our neck of the woods.... They certainly have produced some bites over the years....

Nothing beats a good king egg though, maturity and strain makes all the difference....

Keith grin

#529523 - 08/17/09 03:14 PM Re: chum vs. pink vs. coho vs. chinook eggs [Re: stlhdr1]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
If I had to choose eggs from only one species, it would be chums - no contest.

#529527 - 08/17/09 03:17 PM Re: chum vs. pink vs. coho vs. chinook eggs [Re: Dave Vedder]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
So nice, you said it twice.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jordan, UncleChris
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1152 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |