Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#542377 - 10/01/09 08:04 PM Re: Team eyeFISH = Team CCA [Re: ]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: common sense ave.
Originally Posted By: AuntyM
rofl

I don't think ANY of the cool kids believe the chicken littles.

whats your opinion of what you think will happen when the commercials go to a method with a lower release mortality rate ??, how do you think it will make sportfishing better and help restore the fish ?, i`m not asking for cca`s opinion i`m asking for yours, if you need time to call around and find out what you should say thats fine, i`m in no hurry for your answer.

#542379 - 10/01/09 08:06 PM Re: Team eyeFISH = Team CCA [Re: ]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

JFC!

Why all the drama folks?

Simple request. Kinda like asking someone to take their shoes off at the door before entering my house.

It is what it is.

If you respect my home, you just do it out of common courtesy.

No one is holding a gun to your head to make you get in the boat.

But if ya want in, it's a pittance of a gesture-in-kind (tiny donation to the organization of my choice) for what can often be an unforgettable day on the water.

Anyone posting on this board who can afford a monthly ISP fee can certainly buck up a measly $25 a year. Two bucks a month.... GMAFBWY.

Pretty brainless if ya ask me.

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#542383 - 10/01/09 08:14 PM Re: Team eyeFISH = Team CCA [Re: ]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

Originally Posted By: stam
Originally Posted By: boater

you have no clue of what i do.

That makes two of you then.

so whats your beef ?

#542385 - 10/01/09 08:19 PM Re: Team eyeFISH = Team CCA [Re: The Moderator]
Sol Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo
Hey Doc, I'll rush right out and get one of those.

Or not.

#542393 - 10/01/09 08:55 PM Re: Team eyeFISH = Team CCA [Re: Neal M]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Neal M
I'm a member, and even had a great time at the Kitsap chapter annual banquet last year. Like Bucket, I have not heard a word from them since the banquet. No info on meetings, nothing. Now that doesnt make them an unworthy cause, just not as well organized as they will need to be to keep a guy like me involved. I travel and have a young family. I don't have time to chase them down.....
Just sayin.

Neal, when you join, it can take six weeks for the paperwork to get sent out. The magazine comes every other month and alternate with the ripple newsletter. If you didnt get any stickers or membership card in the mail, log on to joincca.org and look up the number under CONTACT and call Houston directly and then ask for membership for your state. Good folks, but keep in mind, they are doing renewals for the better part of 100,000 during the spring, summer and fall.

The followup isnt what it could or should be, but there are only 7 people in the houston office.

#542404 - 10/01/09 09:23 PM Re: Team eyeFISH = Team CCA [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Francis, I wouldn't join if it cost $2...it's not the money, and you know damn well it's not.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#542409 - 10/01/09 09:29 PM Re: Team eyeFISH = Team CCA [Re: Todd]
Jhook Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Columbia City
Hey Francis, I'll be your wingman anytime! I'm paid up thru 2012!

In fact if you can get the info on Todd, I'll sign him up with one of my memberships!

Edited by Jhook (10/01/09 09:30 PM)

Otherwise I'm retired!

#542422 - 10/01/09 09:54 PM Re: Team eyeFISH = Team CCA [Re: One Way]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: One Way
I still have not joined, been thinking about it but have not gotten there. I guess I'm a wait and seer. It seems it is equal /equal on the positive and the negative.

really? How much is the fish and wildlife commission worth? How about the legal expenses to fight off no fishing zones? Or uphold legislation passed on behalf of fisherman? How about TWO lobbyist in DC

For 25 bucks?

#542432 - 10/01/09 10:12 PM Re: Team eyeFISH = Team CCA [Re: Fast and Furious]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
I can see the fist-clenching and foot-stamping sour face now.....

#542445 - 10/01/09 10:33 PM Re: Team eyeFISH = Team CCA [Re: ParaLeaks]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

not me.

When I read something in regards to "wait and see" "its only 50/50", I know they arent paying attention.

Not many people realize how freeking close we were to losing the fish and wildlife commission. The commercial fishing lobbyist who also represented some hunting groups in this state, had the legislature completely fooled and it took a lot of phone calls and letters to get the word out, the lobbyist had not correctly represented the views of hunters, whom that man claimed to represent. Many of hunters I talked to, had no clue what the lobbyist had spoken for them. These were club officers.

#542447 - 10/01/09 10:37 PM Re: Team eyeFISH = Team CCA [Re: Fast and Furious]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Doc should not worry about getting Todd to join the organization. He should however get an anchor deposit.

(space dedicated to emoticon to laugh at my own joke)

#542449 - 10/01/09 10:41 PM Re: Team eyeFISH = Team CCA [Re: Fast and Furious]
Rossiman Offline
Spawner

Loc: Monroe, WA
Originally Posted By: Lead Bouncer
Doc should not worry about getting Todd to join the organization. He should however get an anchor deposit.

(space dedicated to emoticon to laugh at my own joke)

Here we go again.... rofl

#542451 - 10/01/09 10:48 PM Re: Team eyeFISH = Team CCA [Re: ParaLeaks]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
Folks-

I don't see the reasoning behind bashing any organization who's intent is to help fish, and attempt to organize the angling community as a whole behind fisheries conservation.

You may not like who started it.

You may not like how the organization kicked off.

Perhaps you don't like the communication and organizational problems that have plagued the org. from time to time either.

But realize, this is a grass roots effort. Essentially an all volunteer organization. Every single successful grass roots organization that ever did anything worthwhile ran over bumps in the road achieving their goals.

Criticizing your angling peers efforts or shortcomings is futile and a waste of time. If you haven't received anything from the CCA, did you take 1 minute to send the office an email to inquire about your membership. Have you been to your local chapter meeting and let the secretary know?
If not, shut the hell up.

You may not agree with the stance the CCA takes on some issues, or what some members say about the CCA, but I bet you likely agree with each of their OFFICIAL positional statements. Look em up.

I myself became heavily involved in my local chapter in it's first 1 1/2 years, until I had some issues with how the chapter was being ran. I didn't care for the lack of communication, organization, etc. and frankly didn't have enough time to deal with it. Now I do.I'm going to do something about fixing it instead of complaining about it.

It takes a COMMITTED group of MOTIVATED people with the same beliefs to achieve something big. See you guys at Sno-King soon.

#542452 - 10/01/09 10:48 PM Re: Team eyeFISH = Team CCA [Re: Fast and Furious]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

Originally Posted By: Lead Bouncer

For 25 bucks?

for 25 dollars i can buy 25 one dollar
cheeseburgers at mcdonalds or
13 one dollar cheeseburgers and
one12 dollar fries or 10 one dollar
cheeseburgers and 10 one dollar
fries and stop on the way home
and get 5 dollars worth of gas,
if thats to hard for you to
understand i can draw some pictures
of cheeseburgers and frys and a gas station.

#542453 - 10/01/09 11:01 PM Re: Team eyeFISH = Team CCA [Re: boater]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

be honest boater, you borrowed the money and you made your blind date pay half.

#542454 - 10/01/09 11:03 PM Re: Team eyeFISH = Team CCA [Re: Sky-Guy]
sykofish Offline
I'm not short, I'm 'fun size'

Loc: Mulletville
Originally Posted By: Sky-Guy
Folks-

I don't see the reasoning behind bashing any organization who's intent is to help fish, and attempt to organize the angling community as a whole behind fisheries conservation.

You may not like who started it.

You may not like how the organization kicked off.

Perhaps you don't like the communication and organizational problems that have plagued the org. from time to time either.

But realize, this is a grass roots effort. Essentially an all volunteer organization. Every single successful grass roots organization that ever did anything worthwhile ran over bumps in the road achieving their goals.

Criticizing your angling peers is futile and a waste of time. If you haven't received anything from the CCA, did you take 1 minute to send the office an email to inquire about your membership. Have you been to your local chapter meeting and let the secretary know?
If not, shut the hell up.

You may not agree with the stance the CCA takes on some issues, or what some members say about the CCA, but I bet you likely agree with each of their OFFICIAL positional statements. Look em up.

I myself became heavily involved in my local chapter in it's first 1 1/2 years, until I had some issues with how the chapter was being ran. I didn't care for the lack of communication, organization, etc. and frankly didn't have enough time to deal with it. Now I do.I'm going to do something about fixing it instead of complaining about it.

It takes a COMMITTED group of MOTIVATED people with the same beliefs to achieve something big. See you guys at Sno-King soon.

Thank you Ryley! thumbs

I do not agree with the way a lot of things are bieng handled. And I do not agree with Gary Loomis on most things.

But what I see is a good grass roots organization trying to find itself.

I belong for the simple reason that there is influence in numbers. I try to become more involved to steer the CCA in the direction I believe they should go. At this moment, I am not at all happy with the way some things are addressed, or the possitions they are taking.

But I have definetly got the ear of a few people here. This will take time, And I appreciate everyone in my local chapter for listening.

In the meantime, the commercial fishing industry is in love with a few on this board.

Rusty Bell

#542468 - 10/01/09 11:32 PM Re: Team eyeFISH = Team CCA [Re: sykofish]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

Originally Posted By: sykofish

In the meantime, the commercial fishing industry is in love with a few on this board.

not me, you should take the time to read this news release below, i think the part in bold stinks and i think we the sportsman should be working on ways to get more fish for us and not working to give the commercials more fish, and before you bash me, try to atleast comprehend what Pat Frazier is saying and think about what it could do to sportfishing, if you cant understand that aspect of this then you are beyond help.

August 28, 2009

Tagged salmon may point way
to new commercial fishing gear

VANCOUVER, Wash. – Anglers who catch a salmon bearing a jaw tag or a colored “spaghetti” tag near its dorsal fin can play an important role in a new study of experimental fishing gear now under way in the lower Columbia River.

By reporting tagged fish, anglers can help researchers determine survival rates for chinook and coho salmon released from three types of commercial fishing gear being tested by the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW).

Anglers can keep the fish if allowed by local fishing regulations, but are asked to inform WDFW of their catch by calling the number printed on the colored tags.

“Two major goals of this study are to test the gear’s effectiveness in catching fish and to determine how many salmon survive after they are released from it,” said Pat Frazier, a WDFW fish manager who is directing the study. “Our immediate focus is on the gear’s effectiveness, but recovery of tagged fish will help to inform future studies.”

Supported by $200,000 in federal funding, the one-year pilot study will test the effectiveness of floating traps, beach seines and a modified version of the purse seine – all of which corral fish while leaving them free-swimming. Once contained, fish can be identified and released by type or species with a minimum amount of handling, Frazier said.

That is not necessarily the case with gillnets, the primary type of gear used in commercial fisheries on the lower Columbia River, which snare fish by the gills as they encounter them, Frazier said.

“The ability to release fish unharmed is important to maintaining sustainable fisheries on the Columbia River, where many runs are listed for protection under the federal Endangered Species Act,” Frazier said. “Commercial boats could actually catch a lot more hatchery-reared salmon if we can find new ways to reduce mortalities of protected wild fish.”

Working with area fishers, WDFW will conduct the pilot study through Sept. 27. Boats and gear involved in the study will be identified as part of a research project.

Frazier said the pilot study is likely just the first step in a multi-year effort to identify – and likely modify – commercial fishing gear for possible incorporation into the fishery.

“Some of this gear has been used on the Columbia and elsewhere in the past, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it will meet today’s standards,” he said. “Figuring out what works and what doesn’t is what this study is all about.”

#542469 - 10/01/09 11:36 PM Re: Team eyeFISH = Team CCA [Re: boater]
sykofish Offline
I'm not short, I'm 'fun size'

Loc: Mulletville
What makes you think I was talking about you boater?

Paranoid?

The study has merit.

But my personal goal is to end commercial fishing in fresh water.

If that means no more hatchery fish.....So be it.

Rusty Bell

#542480 - 10/02/09 12:11 AM Re: Team eyeFISH = Team CCA [Re: milt roe]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
Originally Posted By: milt roe

What's next? Only treating the eyes of people who join CCA?

Attachments
I-Ride-the-Short-Bus-tshirt_9D9818B7.jpg

#542486 - 10/02/09 12:18 AM Re: Team eyeFISH = Team CCA [Re: ]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

Originally Posted By: AuntyM

Some folks REALLY want to ignore the point that the tribes on the CR can step in and prevent a huge increase in nontribal commercial take. If they can get us off the river, they can get them off too.

can you post the state/tribal agreement for fall salmon on the columbia and show anywhere in it where is says there is catch sharing like there is on spring and summer chinook ?, i didnt think so because it doesnt

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Budman, fishmonkey
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 836 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63780 Topics
645398 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |