THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 22 of 30 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 29 30 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#571265 - 01/11/10 04:50 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: Todd]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: common sense ave.
Originally Posted By: Todd

Every year these BB's fill up with springer fishermen whining about how bad the fishing sucks when the nets were in the night before...just wait to hear the whining when the nets were in and caught four (or more) times as many hatchery fish before you got to go fishing.

i cannot understand why sportfisherman dont understand this

#571270 - 01/11/10 04:56 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: Illahee]
NanookWillie Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: God's Country Oregon
Originally Posted By: freespool
first volley is a broadside by the Oregonian

What else would you expect from i doh buddy Monroe?

#571271 - 01/11/10 05:06 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: eyeFISH]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

Originally Posted By: eyeFISH

Some fisheries will win, some will lose.

how many fall hatchery coho on the columbia do you think the new selective commercial fisherman will be allowed to keep ?

i bet you dont have a clue.

#571272 - 01/11/10 05:06 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: NanookWillie]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: NanookWillie
Originally Posted By: freespool
first volley is a broadside by the Oregonian

What else would you expect from i doh buddy Monroe?

Good theory Chief, but Bill didn't write that editorial.

"Conservation group wants gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot
By Matthew Preusch, The Oregonian
December 28, 2009, 7:02AM"

#571274 - 01/11/10 05:19 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: Illahee]
NanookWillie Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: God's Country Oregon
Yea I just saw the denial. If you say so. wink

#571277 - 01/11/10 05:32 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: boater]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: boater

how many fall hatchery coho on the columbia do you think the new selective commercial fisherman will be allowed to keep ?

Oh, gee, does that mean you win?

#571278 - 01/11/10 05:35 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: NanookWillie]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Marsha, you can continue to characterize it however you like...if it was going to do what the CCA says it will do, then I'd support it...if the Pope was pushing it, I'd disagree with him, too...and if George Dubya Bush was supporting something that I thought made sense, I'd support that, too.

It's not about the organization, it's about the idea. Sorry it's your organization that's fumbling around in the dark on this, but that's the message, not the messenger...

Francis, CCA is selling this as good for springer fishing...and springer fishing will be the biggest loser in this plan, if it works as intended. The springer fishermen who are looking for the CCA to back them up are going to be very disappointed when they get shafted...and that sure won't be good for recruitment.

That's my problem...not that it's a CCA proposal, but that they either can't understand the way seasons are set on the LCR, or if they do they aren't being truthful about the effects of the proposal.

Either way, that's a problem.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#571279 - 01/11/10 05:35 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: Todd]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Ahhhhh, damn dog!
Originally Posted By: Somethingsmellsf

fishy, 2% dead is 2% dead, whether you kill them with gillnets, purse seines, or lollipops...even if lollipops taste better.

How's that status quo getting even worse working for ya?

Fish on...

Todd

I've seen you whine and cry about one "wild" fish on the OP and you don't see the impact of using selective gear on the big C will have, your about as stupid as a guy with a fishing gear company pissing people off that go fishing.

Well Toddy that is your name,

Fishy

I'm getting close to calling it quits on these boards, I get so sick of the arm-chair fisherman trying to dictate what's right and wrong and what we should do to save the fish.... Then you have the old folks trying to protect the future because they feel so guilty for F'ning it up for their kids, face it we've all screwed it for ourselves over the 100+ years.

Face it, you aren't going to save the friggin wild fish unless you quit fishing as a whole.... Keep hitting fast forward CCA, the sky is falling and the end is coming......

You bet your ass I'm as negative as can be.... It makes me sick "sitting back" and watching it go down.......

Keith thumbs

See ya, keep trying to use the same methods has gotten us here seems to be your formula.

Fishy

Uh...that's not me in the quote you attributed to me.

Fish on...

Todd

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

I think name-calling is the right way to handle this one/Dan S

We're here from the WDFW and we're here to help--Uhh Ohh!

#571281 - 01/11/10 05:36 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: Somethingsmellsf]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

This is your name on that top post isn't it?

Fishy

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

#571282 - 01/11/10 05:36 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: Fast and Furious]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Lead Bouncer

Hey, Im on Cash Cab with Boater. I need a shout out.

#571283 - 01/11/10 05:39 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: Fast and Furious]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Yes, it is...I wrote the first quote, the second one was written by Keith...stlhdr1...not me...even though the quote says I wrote it.

Fish on...

Todd

#571286 - 01/11/10 05:45 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: Fast and Furious]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

Originally Posted By: Lead Bouncer

do you ever say anything intelligent ?

#571291 - 01/11/10 05:54 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: boater]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Todd never said that both quotes were from you, just the top one.

Fishy

#571292 - 01/11/10 05:56 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: boater]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper

I'm at a loss for words.

#571293 - 01/11/10 05:56 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: Somethingsmellsf]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

In that case, then yes, it was me...and if you compare commercial selective fishing on the LCR with sportfishing on the OP, then it just goes to show how little the proponents of this plan understand how seasons are set, how allocations are provided and meted out, and what the difference is between a stock that is commercially fished by non-tribals, and one that is not.

Fish on...

Todd

#571294 - 01/11/10 05:57 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: Todd]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

P.S. Do note, please, that Keith's quote in your post says "posted by Todd" on it, too...not just the one I wrote.

#571298 - 01/11/10 06:12 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: Todd]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Management, or should I say micro management has helped create this whole mess and you cradling some "wild" fish on one river does not mean that they should continue to be slaughtered on another, regardless of who,why or how.

Fishy

#571313 - 01/11/10 06:47 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: Somethingsmellsf]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

+1

#571314 - 01/11/10 06:50 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: fish4brains]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

Originally Posted By: fish4brains

I'm at a loss for words.

i thought the question i asked the eyedoc was a good question but since you seem to know alot, why dont you answer it ?

#571315 - 01/11/10 06:52 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: boater]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Troll alert

Page 22 of 30 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 29 30 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
mtpar, philpac33, SpringerBouy, TinMan95
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
3 registered (Carcassman, stonefish, 1 invisible), 811 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13524
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63780 Topics
645385 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |