THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 28 of 30 < 1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#572239 - 01/13/10 08:50 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: Lucky Louie]
Lucky Louie Offline
Carcass

Originally Posted By: Lucky Louie
Originally Posted By: stlhdr1
Originally Posted By: LoweDown
hmmm now we have deleted posts adding to the mystery.

huh

KK said the magic word "partnered" and probably did a quick delete since WSC is partnered with SOS. A sportsman group in a coalition with diverse 56 organizations that include trollers, per seiners and gillnets

Could explain afew things. rofl

No you can’t have my rights---I’m still using them

#572242 - 01/13/10 09:01 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: Todd]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Originally Posted By: Kanektok Kid
What is CCA's connection to Common Sense Oregon ?

Originally Posted By: Todd
Don't be spreading those conspiracies again, KK...what are you? A gillnet hugger?

...and definitely don't mention Freedom Works or the Pacific Legal Foundation...those bastions of fish friendly politics rofl

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#572243 - 01/13/10 09:02 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: Todd]
LoweDown Offline
Conquistador

Loc: Forks, WA
SOS = Sell Our Salmon.

#572257 - 01/13/10 09:22 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: ]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: common sense ave.
Originally Posted By: AuntyM
Originally Posted By: Piper
Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
Boater,

They purse seined a lot of chums and pinks, not so many chinook and coho compared to the gillnets. The LCR pink and chum fishery isn't much to fret over. Fortunately, or unfortunately, as the case may be.

Of course, the important aspect Piper missed is that LCR seiners could be allocated many more fishing days if they had unused ESA impacts and significantly increase their harvest numbers.

Details, details . . .

Sg

The reason they seined more of the other types of salmon is because they tend to travel in tighter schools and not as spread out... even with the seine fleet in everyday more fish will be getting thru than currently with the gillnets... While upriver fishing may not be better it will at least be more consistant because you wont have the gillnets taking the entire run that is passing thru at the time...

Shhh... Piper, that is one of those things "they" don't want spread around!

let me guess, the wdfw is trying to find gear that catches less hatchery fish ??,

#572265 - 01/13/10 09:33 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: Lucky Louie]
Lucky Louie Offline
Carcass

[/quote]

Boater, you have said on many occassion that you are totally against gillnets but you never have given a solution to the problem while still defending gillnets.

1) because of conflict of interest?
2) and what would those interests be?
3) who do you represent?
4)or/ and what organization do you belong to?

Would probably go along ways to explain the predicament you are in when it comes to gillnets.

#572274 - 01/13/10 09:44 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: Lucky Louie]
Lucky Louie Offline
Carcass

Boater, you have said on many occassion that you are totally against gillnets but you never have given a solution to the problem while still defending gillnets.

1) because of conflict of interest?
2) and what would those interests be?
3) who do you represent?
4)or/ and what organization do you belong to?

Would probably go along ways to explain the predicament you are in when it comes to gillnets.

[/quote]

I'm assuming a organization might be paying you for your time on here?

#572283 - 01/13/10 09:52 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: ]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

Originally Posted By: AuntyM

Another absolutely stupid comment that detracts from the debate, just like most of the others you make.

why does that comment detract from this debate ?, the goal of the wdfw in testing this gear is to catch more hatchery fish, what part of that dont you understand ?

#572284 - 01/13/10 09:52 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: Lucky Louie]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Lucky Louie,

Do you always talk to yourself like this? How about arguing with yourself? And losing those arguments? Get help soon!

Sg

#572287 - 01/13/10 09:53 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: Lucky Louie]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

the gillnetters are paying me to come here and say i hate gillnets and want more fish for sports, are you happy now ?

#572306 - 01/13/10 10:10 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: boater]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Originally Posted By: boater

the gillnetters are paying me to come here and say i hate gillnets and want more fish for sports, are you happy now ?

Me too... I'm tied into the gillnets as well. rofl I'm a bonified gillnet hugger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Other than meeting with a couple of old timer gillnets on my own time to question them about what they caught in their nets... You know mesh size vs species, etc.. I was fortunate to know a family that did gillnet and talked to the grandfather that had been netting the longest.

What was so funny about the conversation was he was so pissed about the fact they had to use tangle nets during the year they slaughtered the wild winter steelhead. The netters themselves explained to WDFW that they were worse for steelhead but WDFW didn't follow suit... More or less it was more work for them to pluck the entangled winter steelhead from the nets hence wasting time getting more springers... He said the 8 3/4 or 9" mess didn't touch many steelhead at all as they slipped through the nets... I tried my ass off to get on his boat as he had invited me but couldn't make it due to schedule conflicts and the fact they fished at night....

Really makes you wonder about WDFW...

Aunty, perhaps you should reevaluate your stance... I mean I enjoy you in many debates, typically on the right sidelines... You've been brainwashed into a [censored] cult that "will" crumble the entire system... You think the trade centers were a saddening issue, wait until CCA gets their way and forces the commercials to seine nets, etc. The sky will start falling for sportsmen and harvest... It will take time but mark my word you think our seasons suck now, we'll be in for a world of hurts.....

It seriously burns me to watch all this [censored] go down.... I hope like hell the bill doesn't pass in Oregon, when it does we're in trouble. Remember CCA doesn't run the system, the WDFW and ODFW do....

Keith

#572307 - 01/13/10 10:13 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: stlhdr1]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

The "tangle nets" were totally fukked...that whole season was fouled up.

The "tangle nets" aren't anything new or innovative...they're just small mesh gillnets, the kind made for catching fish the size of steelhead or coho. Put those in the water when the steelhead are around, and you get to release the wild springers that have 'tangled' their teeth in the net, but they absolutely slaughtered the steelhead.

Put the nine inch nets back out, the steelhead swim through, and the wild springers get hammered.

That whole shebang was a fiasco...they handled something like 21,000 wild steelhead that spring. Ridiculous.

Fish on...

Todd

#572312 - 01/13/10 10:19 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: boater]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Cheer up Boater, youll still kill wild fish, when its legal. The sooner we get this done and move on to other issues, the sooner recovery can be measured at the dam. I hope youre around to see it.

#572315 - 01/13/10 10:23 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: Todd]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Originally Posted By: Todd
The "tangle nets" were totally fukked...that whole season was fouled up.

The "tangle nets" aren't anything new or innovative...they're just small mesh gillnets, the kind made for catching fish the size of steelhead or coho. Put those in the water when the steelhead are around, and you get to release the wild springers that have 'tangled' their teeth in the net, but they absolutely slaughtered the steelhead.

Put the nine inch nets back out, the steelhead swim through, and the wild springers get hammered.

That whole shebang was a fiasco...they handled something like 21,000 wild steelhead that spring. Ridiculous.

Fish on...

Todd

Oh trust me, I've read and questioned the gillnet system, mesh size etc.... Although they are hard on the wild fish, so are the sportsman......

Isn't everyone seeing the big picture yet?

Keith

#572317 - 01/13/10 10:24 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: Fast and Furious]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

Originally Posted By: Lead Bouncer

Cheer up Boater, youll still kill wild fish, when its legal.

sports actualy kill more esa listed LCR coho than the gillnetters do, did you know that ?

#572323 - 01/13/10 10:27 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: Fast and Furious]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Cheer up Boater, youll still kill wild fish, when its legal. The sooner we get this done and move on to other issues, the sooner recovery can be measured at the dam. I hope youre around to see it.

WTF? You serious, quit taking the stabs... Since when has boater claimed to kill wild fish?

You ever fish the CR LB? You ever turn loose a adipose finned Springer, if you have turned loose many you've killed some too...

Do you even catch fish? Or you just another armchair, book reading preacher on this forum.. Seems we have a few...

Keith rofl

#572324 - 01/13/10 10:29 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: stlhdr1]
Lucky Louie Offline
Carcass

[quote=stlhdr1)

Really makes you wonder about WDFW...

Keith[/quote]

I wonder also, I wonder how effective SOS would be to get the gillnets out with 56 organizations tripping over each other trying to get something done Vs CCA being unified.

BGD,
You've got my vote as the most uninformed poster on here even though it is your job for diversion I'm sure.

Play time over,
LL

#572331 - 01/13/10 10:39 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: Dave Vedder]
billjr64 Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: SW WA.
--------
-Last spring, guess where. Should be a good spot.

#572351 - 01/13/10 11:19 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: billjr64]
grizz1 Offline
Returning Adult

Quote:
Don't try to silence me. EVER. Nobody in CCA has, and neither will you.

Not trying to silence anyone Marsha...especially not you since you profess to always be right on everything.( you said so)..just making suggestions as to what I see as possible damage to your CCA causes from overzealous and many times incorrect preaching on the internet. And as far as checking my sources, I was there in person so I have first hand knowledge and not heresay from someone else.

Edited by grizz1 (01/13/10 11:21 PM)

#572362 - 01/13/10 11:46 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: stlhdr1]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: stlhdr1

WTF? You serious, quit taking the stabs... Since when has boater claimed to kill wild fish?

You ever fish the CR LB? You ever turn loose a adipose finned Springer, if you have turned loose many you've killed some too...

Do you even catch fish? Or you just another armchair, book reading preacher on this forum.. Seems we have a few...

Keith rofl

Re: Fishing the Columbia, do you and would you if.... [Re: Lead Bouncer]
boater
Returning Adult

1. state how far you are from the local columbia area and where you would fish.

i live in seattle near the airport and if they change the columbia to hatchery fall chinook i wont be fishing down there anymore.

Edited by Lead Bouncer (01/13/10 11:47 PM)

#572364 - 01/13/10 11:48 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

I don't think he's saying the CCA has a rule to "silence" you...I think he's saying that for the CCA's sake, you should STFU...you do nothing but hurt its causes when Kool-Aid drinkers like you and Lead Bouncer remove any doubt about your ignorance of LCR fisheries management by opening yer traps and talking about it...

Fish on...

Todd

Page 28 of 30 < 1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Swifty27
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 332 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645402 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |