THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#590972 - 03/27/10 01:04 PM Re: 20 Ways Obamacare Steals Your Freedoms [Re: Fast and Furious]
JohnQ Offline
Spawner

Loc: COF in the Upper Left Hand Cor...

That dang Hopey Changey Thing Again

AuntyM -- What Crab Audit???? Not That POS Senior AssHat Published!!!!

Hey Mr Childers, have you corrected that Scofflaw Spreadsheet Yet?????

#591476 - 03/30/10 05:41 PM Re: 20 Ways Obamacare Steals Your Freedoms [Re: stlhead]
bait dunker Offline
Village Idiot

I am in EMS and I can tell you soooo many people abuse the system it's sickening. There was a guy in our area who worked as a janitor at a local hospital. When he was out of gas, hung over, etc, he would call for an ambulance, fake that he was sick then refuse treatment when he got to the hospital. I know he had health insurance, but always said he didn't. Thanks taxpayers. Had a 15 year old girl, pregnant with her 3rd child (had a 1yo and a miscarriage) complained of feeling sick. Her mom was giving her meth to combat morning sickness. We have people in little fender benders wanting ambulance transport to the hospital, then asking if I know how much they can get in a lawsuit, and if whiplash or back pain pay better. Then we have the illegal aliens....... So now you think I should have to pay higher premiums to cover these retards? Obamacare isn't about healthcare or insurance, it's a TAX, plain and simple.

#591482 - 03/30/10 05:59 PM Re: 20 Ways Obamacare Steals Your Freedoms [Re: bait dunker]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

"So now you think I should have to pay higher premiums to cover these retards? Obamacare isn't about healthcare or insurance, it's a TAX, plain and simple."

You seem to contradict yourself. You complain about people who abuse the system costing us taxpayers yet you whine about EVERYONE being required to have insurance. If you are in EMS then you most likely have health insurance and will be minimally effected if at all. The "I should have to pay higher premiums" is no where in the bill. Stop listening to Rush and Palin it will rot your brain.

#591487 - 03/30/10 06:10 PM Re: 20 Ways Obamacare Steals Your Freedoms [Re: stlhead]
bait dunker Offline
Village Idiot

It affects us all! The ambulance companies and hospitals charge more when these deadbeats don't pay their bill. Insurance companies have to pay these higher costs and pass them on in premiums. It costs us all. This bill does little to help people.
I buy health insurance for myself and my son. I opted out of the company offered insurance as it was $150 a month more expensive than what I buy it for on my own. The union wanted everything in the plan and got it. I don't listen to Rush or Palin but thanks for trying to lump me into your little groups.

#591490 - 03/30/10 06:20 PM Re: 20 Ways Obamacare Steals Your Freedoms [Re: bait dunker]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

"It affects us all!"

As it did before this bill was passed. You and I were already paying for it.

#591492 - 03/30/10 06:27 PM Re: 20 Ways Obamacare Steals Your Freedoms [Re: bait dunker]
Marz Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Edmonds, WA
non paying sponger abusers = unpaid bills

unpaid bills = higher premiums

higher premiums = the illusion that people die in the streets because they can't afford health care

illusion of people dying in the streets = bleeding hearts

bleeding hearts = gov. assistance

gov. assistance = Obamacare

Just because the government runs it doesnt mean that those costs will go away or that it wont be paid 10 fold by tax dollars. The abuse will go even higher since people have the illusion that sticking it to the government is a victimless crime.

Just wait, once Obama is out of office everyone will be pointing the finger at the new prez. at the outrageous tax increases needed to pay for this and everyone will jump on the "I didnt want gov. healthcare" bandwagon.

What I would like to know is, how can so many people afford brand new cars, xboxes, 22" rims and $3K stereos and not afford health care?

Are we trading personal responsibility and liberty for shiny things that impress our friends?

Edited by Marz (03/30/10 06:31 PM)

#591495 - 03/30/10 06:36 PM Re: 20 Ways Obamacare Steals Your Freedoms [Re: Marz]
bait dunker Offline
Village Idiot

But they NEED 22" wheels, snowboards, cigarettes etc. Why pay for things you need when there is a program to provide you things you really need? You can get welfare programs to pay rent, get a car, get cash, get food, pay repair bills, electricity, heat, school, health care. At $5 a pack for cigarettes, 30 days a month, that's $150, you can buy decent insurance for that. Cable, Internet, cell phones, booze etc. These people make their choice.

#591550 - 03/30/10 11:47 PM Re: 20 Ways Obamacare Steals Your Freedoms [Re: ]
Piper
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Kanektok Kid
I can't find 'decent' insurance at more than twice that.

Probably because you are high risk... wink

#591556 - 03/31/10 12:46 AM Re: 20 Ways Obamacare Steals Your Freedoms [Re: ]
bait dunker Offline
Village Idiot

Regency blue cross blue shield. I buy and carry my own policies, my employer is not involved in any way, they have a different provider. My sons policy is $114 a month, hes 2 1/2, mine is $157 a month, Im 38. I do have a $2500 deductable each.

This is in Oregon, Obama forgot to take away the company monopolies allowing sales across state lines.

Edited by bait dunker (03/31/10 12:53 AM)

#591565 - 03/31/10 01:36 AM Re: 20 Ways Obamacare Steals Your Freedoms [Re: ]
bait dunker Offline
Village Idiot

My son has free well child and immunizations so really we have very little cost. I think Im money ahead.

No, actually you still wont be able to buy across state lines, it helps keep premium prices high, which the government wil be able to tax more. Also different states have different heath insurance mandates, making keeping all the right policies in all the right states tricky.

#591588 - 03/31/10 10:55 AM Re: 20 Ways Obamacare Steals Your Freedoms [Re: ]
bcanini Offline
Fry

Loc: Orygun
Originally Posted By: Kanektok Kid
Originally Posted By: bait dunker
that's $150, you can buy decent insurance for that.

Where ?

I can't find 'decent' insurance at more than twice that.

zactly....

#591603 - 03/31/10 12:48 PM Re: 20 Ways Obamacare Steals Your Freedoms [Re: bcanini]
Marz Offline
Returning Adult

I dont think anyone argues that health care premiums are outrageous, but the reasons why are quite simple and fault can be completely put on the insurance companies.

The lack of disciplinary actions for those that abuse the system, regulations on providers that overcharge and stopping the unconditional care given to illegals is what got us here.

not addressing the problems and making it a burden of the government to be paid for with tax dollars is not going to make it better.

People in this country that take advantage, abuse and milk these systems are not reprimanded, they are championed. We as a country cater to those that do this and adapt our whole way of living around them instead of it being the other way around.

I just dont understand the thought process behind that.

#591604 - 03/31/10 12:53 PM Re: 20 Ways Obamacare Steals Your Freedoms [Re: Marz]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
Don't you care about people?

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#591629 - 03/31/10 02:27 PM Re: 20 Ways Obamacare Steals Your Freedoms [Re: Jerry Garcia]
Marz Offline
Returning Adult

I do care about people... who care about people.

#591647 - 03/31/10 04:34 PM Re: 20 Ways Obamacare Steals Your Freedoms [Re: Marz]
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
Here's the thing bait dunker / Marz... if you are REALLY interested in the truth about welfare abuse... just do a little research.

You'll find that welfare DOES NOT buy people rims and stereos and cigarettes. Illegals are NOT getting "free" government healthcare... and ANYBODY that goes to the emergency room for their health care ends up paying for it one way or the other. If they cannot pay cash and don't have insurance, their bill is sent to collections which effectively ruins their credit and their ability to make major purchases in the future.

Abuses by poor people are just a miniscule drop in the bucket when compared to all of the corporate welfare... yet 'conservatives' never even bat an eyelash at any of that.

Why not?

#591649 - 03/31/10 05:18 PM Re: 20 Ways Obamacare Steals Your Freedoms [Re: ]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

You'll bat your eye out!

#591654 - 03/31/10 05:46 PM Re: 20 Ways Obamacare Steals Your Freedoms [Re: 4Salt]
Marz Offline
Returning Adult

4salt, I never said welfare was being used to buy rims, etc. I was saying that people will go without health care to buy the accouterments of life like rims, xboxes etc... working people with income and misaligned priorities.

Now for illegals getting free health care, maybe you should explain that to my nurse friend in CA that delivers illegals babies on a regular basis, paid by the state, in a nice hospital, not the county clinic.

County hospitals ask your income level when you go in there and if you fall into the "poverty" category, you get health care, yes free, no not with a bill nor any hit to your credit rating. I had a friend of mine who was a drug addict and got new teeth, diabetes meds, and complete facial reconstruction when he took a spill face first on ice... no payment, no credit hit, nothing more than filling out a form and waiting. He is now recovered and has not had to pay a dime, ever.

Welfare abuse is rampant, if you don't believe it, go spend some time in East Oakland at 10am on a Tuesday and ask around. See how fast you get offers to trade booze for food stamps. Ask how many of them folks have been on welfare and for how long... it isnt just the fact that people use welfare for income, they do it for LIFE.

Edited by Marz (03/31/10 05:49 PM)

#591667 - 03/31/10 07:41 PM Re: 20 Ways Obamacare Steals Your Freedoms [Re: ]
bacota Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Seattle
Seems to me like "the system" gets scammed at all levels - from the proles to the corporate kings. In both instances I'd wager that a little more regulation could go a long ways. I don't condone either way of life, I just happen to respect and understand Joe Dirt a little more for wanting to be able to eat AND get his drink on, than I do for Bernard Madoff.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BigRedHead, Gene, Milton Fisher, Selther, SpinyRayLover
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
3 registered (20 Gage, seabeckraised, No More Ice Fishin), 1175 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645373 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |