Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#600828 - 05/20/10 10:15 AM Fishermen attacked in La Push
subaruray Offline
Egg

Loc: Keyport
On May 12 we went to La Push on the long awaited and planned hallibut opener only to be attacked in our tent camp be two tribal members. We were camped at the southwest corner in a green Alaknak in the corner spot I had negociated in march when my wife and I went for a winter getaway. It was the most unbeleavable thing I have ever experianced. They came into our camp after we were asleep, put wood on our almost out fire and started going through our cooler. My son woke up and asked them what they were doing only to be spit on,punched and told that was their reservation and they could do what ever they want. He went in and woke up the second member of our group and he was punched in the face three times for showing-up. I was in the tent with earplugs sleeping like a baby when my son came in frantickly waking me and saying something about we had to call the police. By the time I got to my feet, put on my shoes and walked out side he was in his car and on his way to where we had seen police cars parked on our way in. I walked out to two WOMEN, yes women standing there cussing us up one side and down the other. I walked over to the 5 gal. water bottle that had been knocked over and said something to the effect of " get the *&ell out of here" and was kicked in the face while bent over and attacked by both of them. Scratched,punched,hair pulled,you name it. NOW IM PISSED. I was able to struggle to my feet after slamming one of them against the picknic table and the fight was on. I had to fight both of them like I would two men and only after punching them both in the face re-peatedly did they decide to leave. TWO ABSOLUTE ANIMALS who hated us because we were outsiders. One was arrested and the other one got away. SO, BEWARE, there are people on the reservations that are capable of this and if you are as unlucky as us you too will become the victim of there HATE. I should say that there was a steady stream of others that came by the next day after we get back from fishing to appolajize and say "were not all like them".The police started regulur patrols to "keep an eye on things" but we decided to leave because I knew if they returned with their friends there would be blood spilled. I AM NOT A PACIFIST. The people from the store were helpful as well as the police but we left after finding a threatening note on our table when we got back that was left by one the attackers mothers. One week later I am still on the mend. I am following up with the police. More later.

#600830 - 05/20/10 10:21 AM Re: Fishermen attacked in La Push [Re: subaruray]
Bucket/Good Sport Offline
Kitsap's Crankiest Contractor

Loc: Poulsbo
Exactly why I haven't been to Neah Bay for 10-12yrs.

#600831 - 05/20/10 10:28 AM Re: Fishermen attacked in La Push [Re: Bucket/Good Sport]
hybridcx Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: sequim, Wa
that sucks glad no one was seriously hurt. and stories like this is why we dont stay at neah anymore. to bad too we used to camp there all the time only a few years ago.

#600837 - 05/20/10 11:28 AM Re: Fishermen attacked in La Push [Re: ]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
I probably would have shot someone.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#600839 - 05/20/10 11:38 AM Re: Fishermen attacked in La Push [Re: Dogfish]
cobble cruiser Offline
~B-F-D~

When you say southwest corner do you mean Hobuck beach park? Or is southwest corner a campground? Just curious.

#600840 - 05/20/10 11:43 AM Re: Fishermen attacked in La Push [Re: Dogfish]
fishenfool Offline
Spawner

Loc: DASHPOINT
I have spent a week at LaPush in September Salmon fishing and stay in our MH in parking lot for last 5 years and never had a problem. I remember that in the early 70's I had heard of issues when we stayed there fishing. There is an old timer that lives across from the parking lot that has loaned us tools for repairs and other natives that are very informative. I am sorry to here that you had a bad experience.

#600842 - 05/20/10 11:47 AM Re: Fishermen attacked in La Push [Re: cobble cruiser]
BrianL Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Bothell, WA
LaPush/Quills, not Neah Bay/Makahs.

I would have been VERY suprised if the problem had been @ Hobuck. I've camped there before and it's always been a quality experience. Much better than in town.

Brian

#600844 - 05/20/10 11:51 AM Re: Fishermen attacked in La Push [Re: fishenfool]
seastrike Offline
Hey Man....It's cool...

Loc: seattle
Anybody else have an encounter with the "angry guy" a few blocks north of the marina in La Push? We were looking for a parking spot on Saturday morning and he was out in his front yard going nuts. We decided not to park in front of his house.

#600845 - 05/20/10 11:52 AM Re: Fishermen attacked in La Push [Re: fishenfool]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
There are drunks, asshats and crackheads in every town. Try Sultan for example. We saw pair of tweekers panhandling in Duvall recently.

What I want to know is what the police and courts do. It they want to keep the tourism $ they need to show it with serious consequences for tresspassing and assault.

Please keep us informed as to how this pays out.

#600846 - 05/20/10 11:52 AM Re: Fishermen attacked in La Push [Re: BrianL]
fish-onNW Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma, WA
your probably luck they didn't turn into warewolves!..

all kidding aside, its a good thing things didn't get worse... could have gone real bad, and hopefully the law will punish them!

#600848 - 05/20/10 12:12 PM Re: Fishermen attacked in La Push [Re: fish-onNW]
Rocket Red Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Elma
Wow that is some story. You haven't stated the level of intoxication of the offenders. On any given weekend there are quite a few surfers camped out there, in vans, tents, etc, and pretty much every surfer who stays there has a 1st or second hand account of this type of thing happening. Bring up camping at LaPush and the terms "dodgy, and sketchy" immediately follow.

I cannot imagine a more beautiful setting for a sh!thole than LaPush.

#600849 - 05/20/10 12:23 PM Re: Fishermen attacked in La Push [Re: Dave Vedder]
big moby Offline
Carcass

Loc: varies
Did you have any bikes or space heaters in plain view?

#600850 - 05/20/10 12:23 PM Re: Fishermen attacked in La Push [Re: Rocket Red]
Kramer Offline
Spawner

Loc: GH & PA, WA
That is messed up. I've been out there quite a bit over the years. While it is a pretty sketchy place, I've never had a violent experience up there. That is really too bad. Such a great location and beautiful place, that has all the makings of a gold mine of a little town but it is run like crap. Sorry to hear about your experience. I've got a place reserved at 3 rivers for the summer and I hope the "treaty line" helps. Ha!

#600851 - 05/20/10 12:24 PM Re: Fishermen attacked in La Push [Re: Rocket Red]
tyeedog Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Port Ludlow
heard reports of the gas at the marina having a lot of water in it, but most people were happy campers...

#600852 - 05/20/10 12:26 PM Re: Fishermen attacked in La Push [Re: Rocket Red]
cobble cruiser Offline
~B-F-D~

Originally Posted By: Rocket Red
Wow that is some story. You haven't stated the level of intoxication of the offenders. On any given weekend there are quite a few surfers camped out there, in vans, tents, etc, and pretty much every surfer who stays there has a 1st or second hand account of this type of thing happening. Bring up camping at LaPush and the terms "dodgy, and sketchy" immediately follow.

I cannot imagine a more beautiful setting for a sh!thole than LaPush.

When I used to surf out there some friends and I paid for a campsite to the right of the Lapush store. As we were unpacking we were told by a local that we were in the "wrong" parking area. He threatened that if we didn't move right now he was going to come back with a large chain and lock and rap it around my truck's driveline. Guess I really wouldn't be moving after that!

A simple "Could I get you to move your vehicle please" would have been easier.

#600853 - 05/20/10 12:38 PM Re: Fishermen attacked in La Push [Re: cobble cruiser]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
All they wanted was some more firewater... Should have had the firewater sitting on the picnic table, they'd have swooped though without making a peep.....

Keith thumbs

#600854 - 05/20/10 12:43 PM Re: Fishermen attacked in La Push [Re: stlhdr1]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
I'm always surprised that people that commit such acts can get away with it more than a few times. Same thing with people that break into houses. SUCH an easy way to justifiably get killed.

#600860 - 05/20/10 12:58 PM Re: Fishermen attacked in La Push [Re: ]
TBJ Offline
Carcass

Loc: Bainbridge Island
My understanding is that both of the girls were recetnly released from jail. Apparently a little too soon. I have never had a problem in Lapush but have heard similar stories from that campground. -TBJ

#600875 - 05/20/10 01:46 PM Re: Fishermen attacked in La Push [Re: TBJ]
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
Never has a problem @ Lapush, but have had some sketchy chit happen in Neah Bay a few years back.Glad no one got hurt bad.Good luck,
STRIKE ZONE

#600894 - 05/20/10 02:32 PM Re: Fishermen attacked in La Push [Re: Dogfish]
StinkingWaters Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Termite Country
Originally Posted By: Dogfish
I probably would have shot someone.

Me too,.....someone would have been walking away with a serious limp. Never leave home without it.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cameron D., FlyingFish, NEfishLdo, shinnecock1
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
3 registered (No More Ice Fishin, 2 invisible), 1015 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645423 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |