Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#605307 - 06/13/10 11:49 AM Coastal Salmon Reports
OlyFishin Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Olympia
Thought I'd offer a report and see how it was for others...

Fished Neah Bay on Saturday and it was sslloooowwww. Got on the water at 4:30 and fished everywhere between Waadah and Tatoosh. Shallow, deep, offshore, nearshore.

Ended up hooking one decent fish that came off after a bit, one coho boated and released, and tons of undersized lings and some black rockfish.

Fish checker said she checked only 2 salmon for 75 boats. Many she checked were only bottomfishing. I figure there were abot 30-40 boats salmon fishing inside of Tatoosh. Not sure if those running out into the ocean did any better. From the counts, I'm not sure.

The commercial trollers were working to the east of Neah Bay toward Sail Rock, way out in deep water. We even ran out there for awhile and tried that with no luck.

Fishing was so slow, that with the weather turning windy today, we decided to forgo a second day on the water and come back.

Anyone fish Westport? Any luck there?

#605336 - 06/13/10 04:35 PM Re: Coastal Salmon Reports [Re: OlyFishin]
Salmonclubber Offline
Egg

Loc: Forks WA
Sounds pretty slow everywhere Lapush had six salmon checked out of 29 boats when we came in we got skunked it sounds like its slow in westport too

#605342 - 06/13/10 06:15 PM Re: Coastal Salmon Reports [Re: Salmonclubber]
BottomDweller Offline
Fry

We fished Westport Saturday. Went 1 for 4: 1 nice hatchery king, 2 nice wild king, 1 undersize hatchery chinook (oh, and 1 crab pot). Friend caught 4 keepers, 1 nice one and 3 legals. Got hard to fish later in the day because of the wind.
Question, is there a good way to avoid the crab pots when crossing the bar? They were everywhere and not always easy to see.
Listening to the radio, I think we did about average.

#605363 - 06/14/10 12:37 AM Re: Coastal Salmon Reports [Re: BottomDweller]
fish monger Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle
Here's a pretty detailed and up to date report for the Saturday opener:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/re...nook_salmo.html

#607099 - 06/23/10 10:29 AM Re: Coastal Salmon Reports [Re: fish monger]
BottomDweller Offline
Fry

Where is everybody? We just got back from Westport, fished 21st and 22nd. No lines...weather and water were good on Monday and great on Tuesday. Didn't see many people at all. The fishing was good for us...not hot...good. The bite was on at slack tide both days. We fished deep (90-110) in 135' which is NW 9 miles from the mouth (just outside most of the crab pots). The trollers and Charters were just west of us but we didn't do as well by them, so we moved back in. We were using spoons and plug cut herring. Did have a double header in the first five minutes the first day which was followed by the third fish 20 minutes later and lots of high fives. It was great just being on the water. Good luck if you go!

#607292 - 06/24/10 02:38 AM Re: Coastal Salmon Reports [Re: BottomDweller]
bushbear Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Sequim
Fished LaPush Monday and Tuesday. No luck for us. One under-size, unclipped Chinook and 3 rockfish off the the Rock Pile on Monday. Didn't mark much in the way of bait. Went out on a 210 heading yesterday starting at 60' to 150'. Found some bait balls in the 120/130 depth but had to dodge crab pots in the area. When the wind started building, we came in. No hits. Some "brown" water from about the "Q" buoy to around 135' when it started to change back to bluer water.

Fish checkers said the fishing died starting about 8 a.m. on the 12th. Very few fish checked.

#607294 - 06/24/10 03:19 AM Re: Coastal Salmon Reports [Re: bushbear]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

The past week (thru Dad's Day) averaged about 3/4 of a fish kept per rod.

If you know what I know about creel stats, that's GOOD fishin'.

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#607302 - 06/24/10 09:36 AM Re: Coastal Salmon Reports [Re: eyeFISH]
Lucky Louie Offline
Carcass

I was out on a charter out of Westport Wed. The boat avg. was 1/2 fish per person. One fish barely legal, 1 -15#, 4 cookie cutter 12#. All caught before 9:30 AM.

No you can’t have my rights---I’m still using them

#607335 - 06/24/10 12:49 PM Re: Coastal Salmon Reports [Re: Lucky Louie]
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
My buddies have been gettin them pretty good out of westport,I haven't gone myself yet but plan to do so soon.The word is there are some nice 15-20# being caught on a regular bases.Good luck,
STRIKE ZONE

#607345 - 06/24/10 02:14 PM Re: Coastal Salmon Reports [Re: STRIKE ZONE]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Island Time
Fished Westport Monday. My son caught a 25# king and I got one about 19#. Released a big hatchey coho about 9lbs. Water was great.

If you don't like our prices bring your wife down and we'll dicker.

#607443 - 06/24/10 10:39 PM Re: Coastal Salmon Reports [Re: RowVsWade]
BottomDweller Offline
Fry

Ran out again today to try out my buddies new boat. The water was great! We did ok with two keeper cookie cutters in the teens and one released coho. Had a couple that were on for .35 seconds.
The fish checker said that we were the 5th boat checked and the first to bring in fish.
Tip of the day: if your buddies boat does not have wipers and it is your job to look out for crab pots, wear a mouth guard! or you will be spitting out teeth.

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jordan, UncleChris
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (steely slammer), 1175 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |