Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#613526 - 07/29/10 06:22 PM Charlie Rangel in Deep Doo Doo
Salmonella Offline
Repeat Spawner

Looks like another great American Democrat is going down the ole chitter.
13 potential ethics violations, including a 10 million dollar "gift" from AIG.

This is going to get interesting.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/07/29/rangel.ethics/index.html

#613529 - 07/29/10 07:18 PM Re: Charlie Rangel in Deep Doo Doo [Re: Salmonella]
seastrike Offline
Hey Man....It's cool...

Loc: seattle
I'm not liking them on the left or the right.

#613531 - 07/29/10 07:33 PM Re: Charlie Rangel in Deep Doo Doo [Re: seastrike]
FleaFlickr02 Offline
River Nutrients

Now that's some big time lobbying! Sure seems to explain how AIG achieved "too big to fail" status, eh?

Anybody who thinks a legislator's salary represents his total income is probably a bit off.... For those of you who have ever been curious about why a bunch of well-paid attorneys would leave their private sector jobs to serve in public office for a lesser salary, here is your answer. If you're like me and you've known this for a long time, you are probably only shocked to see the heights to which this case takes things.

The picture is great, though.... You can almost hear him saying, "Who - me?"

#613532 - 07/29/10 07:34 PM Re: Charlie Rangel in Deep Doo Doo [Re: seastrike]
SciGuy Offline
Superstar in diapers

Loc: B.I.
Originally Posted By: seastrike
I'm not liking them on the left or the right.

Wow! Sanity in the ITLBF forum? Never thought I'd see the day...

Put 'em back.

#613536 - 07/29/10 07:57 PM Re: Charlie Rangel in Deep Doo Doo [Re: SciGuy]
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
So... he's in good company with Newt Gingrich, David Vitter, Bob Ney, Duke Cunningham and Tom DeLay... huh?

Cool! thumbs

#613538 - 07/29/10 08:06 PM Re: Charlie Rangel in Deep Doo Doo [Re: 4Salt]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Island Time
The resident liberal apologist shows up with out his girlfriend....is KK under the weather today?

Too much boxed White Zin last night for the 2 of ya'?

If you don't like our prices bring your wife down and we'll dicker.

#613543 - 07/29/10 08:15 PM Re: Charlie Rangel in Deep Doo Doo [Re: RowVsWade]
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
Originally Posted By: RowVsWade
The resident liberal apologist shows up ...
Ooow, attack the messenger. Good play, sir, good play.

Not.

Didn't sound like much of an apology to me. More like pointing out the obvious.

#613545 - 07/29/10 08:25 PM Re: Charlie Rangel in Deep Doo Doo [Re: goharley]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: goharley
The resident liberal apologist shows up ...
Ooow, attack the messenger. Good play, sir, good play.

Not.

Didn't sound like much of an apology to me. More like pointing out the obvious.

...and here comes little sister to their rescue......right on cue.

#613552 - 07/29/10 08:57 PM Re: Charlie Rangel in Deep Doo Doo [Re: RowVsWade]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
I wasn't supposed to be surprised by this, was I ?

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#613560 - 07/29/10 09:24 PM Re: Charlie Rangel in Deep Doo Doo [Re: Dan S.]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Dan S.
I wasn't supposed to be surprised by this, was I ?

I'm as surprised as you.

#613573 - 07/29/10 10:18 PM Re: Charlie Rangel in Deep Doo Doo [Re: ]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: South Sound
Every last SOB that voted YES on the bailouts needs to go to prison. Period.

#613574 - 07/29/10 10:23 PM Re: Charlie Rangel in Deep Doo Doo [Re: Irie]
Salmonella Offline
Repeat Spawner

PRESS RELEASE

Congressman Rangel Reintroduces Bill To Reinstate Military Draft
July 15, 2010 2:58 PM

WASHINGTON - Congressman Charles Rangel on Thursday introduced H.R. 5741, a bill that would reinstate a compulsory military draft, or alternative national service, during times of war, for men and women, aged 18 to 42, who are citizens or permanent residents of the United States.

"What troubles me most about the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan is the total indifference to the suffering and loss of life among our brave young soldiers on the battlefield," Congressman Rangel said. "The reason is that so few families have a stake in the war which is being fought by other people's children.

"The test for Congress, particularly for those members who support the war, is to require all who enjoy the benefits of our democracy to contribute to the defense of the country. All of America's children should share the risk of being placed in harm's way.

"In other words, if you support the war, you should support a compulsory military draft," Congressman Rangel said.

The bill, which the Congressman first introduced in 2003 as the nation prepared for the invasion of Iraq, and offered again in 2004, 2006, and 2007, provides for:

• A national service obligation--either military or civilian--for every citizen and permanent resident, male and female, of the U.S., aged 18 to 42.

• Persons may inducted to perform military service only if a declaration of war is in effect, or if the President declares a national emergency necessitating the induction of persons to perform military service and immediately informs Congress of the reasons for the declaration.

• Defines "national service" as either military or civilian service as defined by the President that promotes national or homeland security.

• Give the President the authority to establish the numbers of persons to be selected for military service and the means of selection.

• Requires those not selected for military service to perform their national service obligation in a civilian capacity for a period of two years.

• Directs the President to prescribe the regulations necessary to carry out the act.

• Deferments for education are only permitted through completion of high school, to a maximum age of 20.

• Deferments may be made for physical or mental disability, or under claims of conscientious objector.

BRINGING THE TROOPS HOME

Rangel said that he was not challenging President Obama's handling of the war in Iraq or Afghanistan, conflicts with few options that the President had inherited from the previous Administration.

"I support the President's intentions to withdraw our troops, but I'd like to see it happen sooner. In my view, no additional tax dollars should be appropriated for any reason except to bring home our brave and exhausted young men and women. The loss of 5,500 lives and 38,000 wounded is enough."

A combined total of 160,000 Americans are currently deployed. More than 2 million men and women have served in the two conflicts, nearly half of them for more than one tour of duty. And because of a shortage of manpower, some of them have been deployed as many as six times.

"The 3.3 million military households, representing only one percent of American families, have become a virtual military class who are unfairly carrying the burden of war," Congressman Rangel said. "If there were a draft, there would be no shortage of troops to fill the ranks without repeatedly deploying the same exhausted troops over and over."

So far, the numbers of casualties may not be as high, or as shocking, as those suffered in previous wars. But the physical and mental damage to individual soldiers is not only heartbreaking but is taking place at rates never before seen in modern warfare.

The reason is that advances in medical technology have allowed more wounded soldiers to survive the loss of limbs, and serious head and brain injuries. "The result is a practical epidemic of cases of post traumatic stress disorder, suicides, and family disruptions," Congressman Rangel said.

Again in this war, troops recruited from large urban centers with high unemployment and from economically depressed small towns, are carrying the heaviest burden of service. Enlistment bonuses are as high as $40,000. Incentives for reenlistment range from $1,000 for the lowest-skilled privates to $27,000 for staff sergeants with special skills. Combined with the economic recession these incentives have produced record-breaking recruiting results this year.

"The question of whether we need a universal compulsory military draft will be important as long as this country is placing thousands of its young men and women in harm's way," Congressman Rangel said.

"We make decisions about war without worry over who fights them. Those who do the fighting have no choice; when the flag goes up, they salute and follow orders," Congressman Rangel said.

For more information on Congressman Rangel's position on the war and what he is doing in Washington and in the District, please visit his web site at http://www.rangel.house.gov.

#613576 - 07/29/10 10:32 PM Re: Charlie Rangel in Deep Doo Doo [Re: Dan S.]
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
Originally Posted By: BlowVsWade
The resident liberal apologist shows up with out his girlfriend....is KK under the weather today?

Sup Dingle? I see you're goin' through your annual summer manstrual cycle again... huh?

Today a heavy flow day... and the estrogen bloat's gotcha a little cranky?

Or did your autographed Rush Limbaugh butt plug get stuck again?

#613577 - 07/29/10 10:38 PM Re: Charlie Rangel in Deep Doo Doo [Re: RowVsWade]
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
Oh wow, I sure didn't see that coming. Boy, oh boy, you really showed me, alright. Yessiree. Definately brought your A game on that one. Clearly I'm just no match for your superior wit. No doubt your father would be sooooo proud of you....

....if she were around.

#613579 - 07/29/10 11:09 PM Re: Charlie Rangel in Deep Doo Doo [Re: Irie]
bait dunker Offline
Village Idiot

Originally Posted By: Irie
Every last SOB that voted YES on the bailouts needs to go to prison. Period.

Wow, we actually agree on something!

#613589 - 07/30/10 12:07 AM Re: Charlie Rangel in Deep Doo Doo [Re: goharley]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: goharley
Oh wow, I sure didn't see that coming. Boy, oh boy, you really showed me, alright. Yessiree. Definately brought your A game on that one. Clearly I'm just no match for your superior wit. No doubt your father would be sooooo proud of you....

....if she were around.

Wow what a superfluous response for a worn out old girl.

Sucks being old...huh?

#613590 - 07/30/10 12:17 AM Re: Charlie Rangel in Deep Doo Doo [Re: ]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: AuntyM
Originally Posted By: 4Salt
Originally Posted By: BlowVsWade

Sup Dingle? I see you're goin' through your annual summer manstrual cycle again... huh?

Today a heavy flow day... and the estrogen bloat's gotcha a little cranky?

Or did your autographed Rush Limbaugh butt plug get stuck again?

By the description, it sounds like 4Salt has first hand experience. rofl

Between 4skin, gogirly and kay kay...the "fromage trois" of the Dark Side....I'm sure they have a lot of 'sperience with butt plugs and the like.

#613611 - 07/30/10 02:05 AM Re: Charlie Rangel in Deep Doo Doo [Re: ]
Doctor Rick Offline
Free Prostate Exams

Loc: Sequim
Mr. Rangel has his own agenda. A draft would bring home the effects of the war(s) so quickly that public sentiment would more quickly shift to anti war, after more sons and daughters were sent and came back, or didn't come back. This is what happened in 'Nam, average families were affected, sons (mostly) came home, and sentiment shifted. Over 58,000 US dead, men and women, had an impact.

I have friends who are on their 5th deployment in the sandbox, and there is very little public concern. Relatively few families are affected, but they are heavily affected.

I am not sure what to think. I know we cannot be the world's policeman, but personally feel that some people (mostly extreme moslem in persuasion) , want to kill us. We can, and should be, tolerant of each other, but if we are tolerant of those who want to kill us, that is stupid. I am not tolerant of someone who wants to kill me or my family, or friends. Just my opinion. Not sure if that's liberal or conservative. Just is.

Mr. Rangel can face his own consequences.

Not feeling like sending him my...

Edited by Doctor Rick (07/30/10 02:06 AM)

#613619 - 07/30/10 08:25 AM Re: Charlie Rangel in Deep Doo Doo [Re: Doctor Rick]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
Rangel must be in trouble as he brought out his Korean war experience as proof that he is a survivor.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#613625 - 07/30/10 10:05 AM Re: Charlie Rangel in Deep Doo Doo [Re: Doctor Rick]
Salmonella Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: Doctor Rick

I have friends who are on their 5th deployment in the sandbox, and there is very little public concern. Relatively few families are affected, but they are heavily affected.

These wars are stingingly real to me right now.
Last week I was returning home from work on a warm summer day, as I approach the turnoff to my home I see two decorated army officers standing on my neighbor's lawn giving him the tragic news that his son was killed by an IED in Zabul Afghanistan along with three other fine young men.

I watched with teary eyes as my friend and neighbor shoveled dirt on his 21 year old son last Sunday.

The most moving funeral I've ever attended in my life.
Nearly every resident of my lil community turned out and poured out their hearts as the reality and futility of these engagements became incredibly real.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1384 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |