Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#622775 - 09/20/10 06:44 PM Re: CHEHALIS SALMON DAILY UPDATE [Re: Rivrguy]
SBD Offline
clown flocker

Loc: Water
Colonel Sanders has a recipe thats makes them taste alright.

There's a sucker born every minute

#622776 - 09/20/10 06:46 PM Re: CHEHALIS SALMON DAILY UPDATE [Re: SBD]
Castingpearls Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: The Rock
I'd be estatic to hook into a gull at this point....

#622779 - 09/20/10 07:05 PM Re: CHEHALIS SALMON DAILY UPDATE [Re: Castingpearls]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Reading this thread in the Sacramento airport and not feeling like I missed any hot fishing this past weekend, despite considering two options: Gray"s Harbor coho or inland steelheading. Hope the prospects for one or the other are improved by the end of this week.

Thanks for helping me feel good guys!

Sg

#622804 - 09/20/10 08:28 PM Re: CHEHALIS SALMON DAILY UPDATE [Re: Salmo g.]
FleaFlickr02 Offline
River Nutrients

Tried to walk into a couple of spots today. Two spots were inaccessible due to larger than normal side channels. Went down the old pump house road and was surprised to find myself alone. After fishing for a while, I realized why I was alone. Not much happening. Saw a couple of rollers back in the slough, but not much else. Rain started falling hard, signaling time to go home, so I did.

Looking like the river will be officially "out" for a few days after the storms we are getting this afternoon. Maybe by next weekend, there will be action to be had.

#622812 - 09/20/10 08:48 PM Re: CHEHALIS SALMON DAILY UPDATE [Re: FleaFlickr02]
fish_4_all Offline
Spawner

Loc: Grays Harbor
Saw 0 fish move, nothing biting behind whacky world. Heard or maybe 1 on other side but no one saw it.

Give it time. The fish are coming just not here yet like every year. At least we have had rain this year so no one can blame it on no rain. The bay should light up with fresh fish and that lock jawed pilot run should be gone soon.

I like colored water down here, fish run right on the bank and hit on the up swing of the spinner retrieve. Big and bold is the way to go and don't have to worry about throwing tiny spinners in clear water. Get them pink on pink and orange on orange Mepps out and be ready for the onslaught, in about a week.

#622824 - 09/20/10 09:30 PM Re: CHEHALIS SALMON DAILY UPDATE [Re: StinkingWaters]
Chum Man Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Yelmish
Originally Posted By: StinkingWaters
A buddy released a #30 chinook on friday and landed #12 hatch coho on thursday.

Bout all I've heard or seen so far. Waiting for the river opener myself. Hopefully they rush past you guys in the bay and are waiting for me in my honey hole grin
i bet there'll be about 50 I5-ers waiting in your honey hole come october 1st...i know they'll be in mine!

#622858 - 09/20/10 11:20 PM Re: CHEHALIS SALMON DAILY UPDATE [Re: Chum Man]
Eric Offline
River Nutrients

Well, this year is odd......not unheard of, but odd. I'm not convinced fish are pouring in just yet and jetting up river. I just don't think they're here yet in any appreciable numbers.

What's got me wondering is coho haven't made any real appearance anywhere yet statewide. This time last year things were hopping. Late? Quite possible. I'm still hearing good ocean reports. Last year was a banner year for coho in the Chehalis basin. This year's forecast is supposedly even better but based on what I've experienced so far, it ain't happening......yet.

Way too early yet to send up any red flags. The next 2-3 weeks will tell a lot.

#622861 - 09/20/10 11:31 PM Re: CHEHALIS SALMON DAILY UPDATE [Re: Eric]
Wacenturion Offline
Parr

Waiting with baited hook...lol.

#622869 - 09/20/10 11:48 PM Re: CHEHALIS SALMON DAILY UPDATE [Re: Eric]
Rocket Red Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Elma
Originally Posted By: Eric
Well, this year is odd......not unheard of, but odd. I'm not convinced fish are pouring in just yet and jetting up river. I just don't think they're here yet in any appreciable numbers.

I think you are right Eric.

They are not pouring in and jetting upstream. Generally speaking when that is the case hogline (wobblers) get lots of action. The wobbler action lets me know the pace of the fishery. The wobbler guys I know have got about the same amount as the spinner guys, very few.

#622903 - 09/21/10 11:19 AM Re: CHEHALIS SALMON DAILY UPDATE [Re: Chum Man]
StinkingWaters Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Termite Country
Originally Posted By: Chum Man

Bout all I've heard or seen so far. Waiting for the river opener myself. Hopefully they rush past you guys in the bay and are waiting for me in my honey hole grin
i bet there'll be about 50 I5-ers waiting in your honey hole come october 1st...i know they'll be in mine!

If they put the work in to get there more power to 'em. grin

Although I've yet to see my spot lined up with I-5'ers during any point in the season.

#622908 - 09/21/10 11:32 AM Re: CHEHALIS SALMON DAILY UPDATE [Re: StinkingWaters]
JPbarbless Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Seattle
Fished the cosmopolis area hard yesterday first light until 3:30 ! king 8-9 lbs Seal bitten but a survivor gently released. Hope it picks up. I have to pick my trips carefully as I have not had full time work for nearly a year. Will stick to my backyard and play in the Duwamish. At least when I get skunked there it costs less than 20 $ and thats beer bait and gas okbye JP

#622909 - 09/21/10 11:33 AM Re: CHEHALIS SALMON DAILY UPDATE [Re: StinkingWaters]
banki Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Montesano, WA
Originally Posted By: Chum Man

If they put the work in to get there more power to 'em. grin

Although I've yet to see my spot lined up with I-5'ers during any point in the season.

Don't worry I'll let a few get by me down below, to make it up to your honey hole. grin

#622970 - 09/21/10 03:14 PM Re: CHEHALIS SALMON DAILY UPDATE [Re: banki]
StinkingWaters Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Termite Country
You better Dom or I'm comin' to climb in your boat with ya! grin

#622993 - 09/21/10 05:54 PM Re: CHEHALIS SALMON DAILY UPDATE [Re: StinkingWaters]
ronnie Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Lacey
I was a wobbler guy for 6 hours today in one of my favorite places. At least I found out my lures still wobble.

#622998 - 09/21/10 06:20 PM Re: CHEHALIS SALMON DAILY UPDATE [Re: ronnie]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
9/21/2010...

In early, fished till 11:00......"spooned it" until I lost the tide. Then ran to bottom end of fast water......no jacks!!!!! Ronnie, didn't see you up there or I'd of run up, had a couple of bankies, so I just stayed on the north side of the river.

Did see a few fish, flop on the surface.....for all the rain, and rise in the river....should be more.....Satsop and Wynoochee are probably "jammed" with fish.

Water color still not the best.....but I've sure caught fish in dirtier water!!!!!

Edited by DrifterWA (09/21/10 06:22 PM)

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#623029 - 09/21/10 08:36 PM Re: CHEHALIS SALMON DAILY UPDATE [Re: DrifterWA]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Fear not.... the fish ARE coming.

The appearance of coastal coho may not have made much of a splash on the radar screen of the Chehalis Basin recreational fishery, but neighboring drainages to the north are absolutely stuffed with them.

Two days of tribal gillnetting on the Quinault and Queets have produced 81,000 pounds at the Taholah fish house, mostly coho. Literally every tote in the house was full of salmon.

At a 9 pound average, that's 9,000 salmon in 2 days.

Now that's GOOD fishin'!

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#623045 - 09/21/10 10:24 PM Re: CHEHALIS SALMON DAILY UPDATE [Re: eyeFISH]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
Well, hope the Coho stop by the Humptulips and Chehalis area's. I have reason for concern cause the cowboys have been netting and their totals on the Humptulips side is 23 Coho but in the Willapa they have netted 2003.

Now why would Coho show up in "numbers" in the Willapa and be so poor on the Humptulips and Chehalis side??????

Ohhhhh by the way......Doesn't look like the cowboys need any more fishing time...

Take a look at their catch totals so far:

http://www.wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/commercial/salmon/landings.html

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#623059 - 09/21/10 11:28 PM Re: CHEHALIS SALMON DAILY UPDATE [Re: DrifterWA]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Somewhere on the planet,I hope
The netting in Willapa is different than GH. They will enter the bay South and just go in and out. In GH they tend to come in and stick. Bottom line? Chinook came in on time and went to the bigger than normal size. Most moved up with the rain so it is waiting but I will run with they will be a little late.

What will not happen is they will not stage in the bay or tide water. The Friends Landing reach or more likely South Monte to the mouth of the Satsop for Nooch & Sat fish. The Saginaw reach below Porter for the upper Chehalis stuff and they will park as the spawning time is mid Nov to 4th week.

Bottom line..................relax upriver as your going to be ok........bay and lower are going to be strictly as they pass through. Nobody is moving fast but steady upstream ( with lock jaw at present ) so stay cool as if they are coming it is early and staging is out.

#623066 - 09/22/10 12:01 AM Re: CHEHALIS SALMON DAILY UPDATE [Re: Rivrguy]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

They might think about staging down low if this damned rain ever quits.

Please quit, PLEASE......

Is the remote possibility of an Indian summer too much to ask for at this stage of the game?

Attachments
09-25-09 FVE fish of the day - 16# coho.jpg

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#623084 - 09/22/10 02:39 AM Re: CHEHALIS SALMON DAILY UPDATE [Re: DrifterWA]
SBD Offline
clown flocker

Loc: Water
Look at 2009 archives to see the difference

There's a sucker born every minute

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Schmidtm, schmidty, Spinhead
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 371 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |