Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#627160 - 10/10/10 11:51 PM Re: CHEHALIS SALMON DAILY UPDATE [Re: eyeFISH]
StinkingWaters Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Termite Country
Was wondering how you did Doc.

Honked at ya as you were coming off the bridge.

#627183 - 10/11/10 07:32 AM Re: CHEHALIS SALMON DAILY UPDATE [Re: StinkingWaters]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
heard it and saw you going by..

Edited by fish4brains (10/11/10 07:36 AM)

#627251 - 10/11/10 03:37 PM Re: CHEHALIS SALMON DAILY UPDATE [Re: Chum Man]
TedR Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: South Sound
I've got a dated report, myself and two friends picked up our limit last Thursday (10-7) below the Satsop. We were anchored in a jet boat fishing around submerged logs. We got a couple on spinners (dark blue fox size 3) but go 4 out of 6 on jigs dropped just one side of a couple logs. Fire engine coho jumping everywhere with lots of chrome biters underneath.

Good luck folks.

#627261 - 10/11/10 03:58 PM Re: CHEHALIS SALMON DAILY UPDATE [Re: TedR]
fish_4_all Offline
Spawner

Loc: Grays Harbor
Originally Posted By: TedR
I've got a dated report, myself and two friends picked up our limit last Thursday (10-7) below the Satsop. We were anchored in a jet boat fishing around submerged logs. We got a couple on spinners (dark blue fox size 3) but go 4 out of 6 on jigs dropped just one side of a couple logs. Fire engine coho jumping everywhere with lots of chrome biters underneath.

Good luck folks.

What color jigs and size if you don't mind me asking. Have always wanted to catch a salmon on a jig.

#627348 - 10/11/10 09:34 PM Re: CHEHALIS SALMON DAILY UPDATE [Re: fish_4_all]
TedR Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: South Sound
Originally Posted By: fish_4_all
Originally Posted By: TedR

Good luck folks.

What color jigs and size if you don't mind me asking. Have always wanted to catch a salmon on a jig.

Any jig with Chartreuse was working. Buddy also got one with a big all purple jig. They were pretty big, 1/4 oz. to 3/8 oz. I got both of mine on a plain white headed jig on which I threaded a pink worm down the shank of the hook and turned to expose the point of the hook. This is a setup I planned to use for native steel last winter and never did. i couldn't believe it when I got the first coho on it, and then I tried again and 15 minutes later had another!

I think part of it was the fish were biting and we got our presentations in front of them. I am not sure the color was critical, more that we found fish willing to bite.

Edited by TedR (10/11/10 09:34 PM)

#628305 - 10/16/10 11:36 AM Re: CHEHALIS SALMON DAILY UPDATE [Re: TedR]
Steelie101 Offline
Fry

Loc: Olympia
Anybody fishin the Humptulips Lately??? How does the upper river look right now??

#628320 - 10/16/10 01:52 PM Re: CHEHALIS SALMON DAILY UPDATE [Re: Steelie101]
fish_4_all Offline
Spawner

Loc: Grays Harbor
Hump should be a trickle about now and very few fresh fish with the nets being in for 4 days. Were a few fish Tuesday but nothing major. If it stays this cold it will be way too low for much of anything to be moving anytime soon.

Lower Chehalis should start picking up though with the nets out. There were fish moving on the bank even with the Cowboys in yesterday. With this cold weather the fish will be moving in staging to make their move up river.

#628330 - 10/16/10 04:08 PM Re: CHEHALIS SALMON DAILY UPDATE [Re: fish_4_all]
steely slammer Online   content
Three Time Spawner

Hump very low and clear..not many fish moving..

tribe goes back in tomarrow for 4 or 5 days...

mainly region 6

#628334 - 10/16/10 05:08 PM Re: CHEHALIS SALMON DAILY UPDATE [Re: steely slammer]
ronnie Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Lacey
I could be mistaken, but I think I read here a few posts back that the nets will come out noon on Tuesday. Or was that a mistake?

#628339 - 10/16/10 07:09 PM Re: CHEHALIS SALMON DAILY UPDATE [Re: ronnie]
steely slammer Online   content
Three Time Spawner

Nope ronnie you are right!!! I was looking at a different schedual for different river...

mainly region 6

#628403 - 10/17/10 12:18 AM Re: CHEHALIS SALMON DAILY UPDATE [Re: steely slammer]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
Sure was some "long faces" above Monty...not many fish showing and not many fish caught.........Cowboys did a good job of netting the lower river.....me thinks the Satsop is the place to be......maybe some "twitchin jigs" or spinners or plugs or herring or spoons or eggs or ???????

but then I've been wrong before.....

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#628412 - 10/17/10 01:12 AM Re: CHEHALIS SALMON DAILY UPDATE [Re: Rivrguy]
fishEmunchR Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Grays Harbor WA
I've heard from two random people that you can now keep one native coho on the satsop. I can't find it anywhere and will call fish and game tomorrow, but has anyone else heard this?

#628429 - 10/17/10 02:33 AM Re: CHEHALIS SALMON DAILY UPDATE [Re: fishEmunchR]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
Satsop River and East Fork....10/01/2010 - 1-31-2011....May retain 2 Adults.....RELEASE Chinook, WILD Coho, and Chum

Have to understand that the Wishkah River, the Wynoochee River, and the Satsop have not made escapement....so says Region 6 WDFW.

Tough to believe that the Satsop River can't make escapement but that's what the WDFW Region 6 "big boys/girls" say............grrrrrrrrrrr

Think people are getting Chehalis and Satsop mixed up!!!!!! Chehalis River has 2 Adult Coho(wild or hatchery) until 10/31/2010, then it also changes to "hatchery Coho" ONLY.

Check here:

http://wdfw.wa.gov/publications/00957/wdfw00957.pdf Then go down to Chehalis River......

Edited by DrifterWA (10/17/10 02:39 AM)

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#628444 - 10/17/10 08:35 AM Re: CHEHALIS SALMON DAILY UPDATE [Re: fishEmunchR]
donno Offline
The Cool kid

Loc: baker prairie
Originally Posted By: fishEmunchR
I've heard from two random people that you can now keep one native coho on the satsop. I can't find it anywhere and will call fish and game tomorrow, but has anyone else heard this?

If it's not listed on the WDFW site in the rule changes then it's bs. Probably started from two random people who had wild coho in their creel. That's generally how a hear say rule change gets around.

Ooops, forgot my lame report. Released one king in the harbor yesterday. That was it for me. Saw a few nets get wet.

Edited by donno (10/17/10 08:38 AM)

#628995 - 10/19/10 10:00 PM Re: CHEHALIS SALMON DAILY UPDATE [Re: donno]
Bathtub Bob Offline
Parr

Loc: Rochester, Wa
Cowboy net numbers 3300 silvers. The tribe numbers must be huge. I fished behind nets before and this week was special. thanks to doc!!!! and his hard work at the meetings.I fished 17 out of 20 and its nice to limit early and get some rest. beer

#629060 - 10/20/10 03:47 AM Re: CHEHALIS SALMON DAILY UPDATE [Re: fishEmunchR]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Originally Posted By: fishEmunchR

NOT!

When we meet escapement in 8 out the previous 10 years, you will finally see purposeful retention of wild coho in the lower Chehalis tribs. At this point in the game. there shall be NO in-season management.

It is what it is....

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#629843 - 10/23/10 05:04 PM Re: CHEHALIS SALMON DAILY UPDATE [Re: eyeFISH]
Rocket Red Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Elma
Update. Crowded!

The longest I have waited at the ramp at Fuller in ,well, maybe ever. I had a stretch that was pretty well full of fish for the last week or so, but the boat traffic just stirs things up so much that we had to scrape to get the 5 bites we got this morning.

Just starting to storm here, so the fish will probably be moving again soon.

#629934 - 10/24/10 01:03 AM Re: CHEHALIS SALMON DAILY UPDATE [Re: Rocket Red]
Elkman Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Anchorage, AK U.S.A
Still better than being at work!!

#629942 - 10/24/10 03:23 AM Re: CHEHALIS SALMON DAILY UPDATE [Re: Elkman]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Still lickin' my wounds from a brutal day. Guess I just made all the wrong moves today.

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#629975 - 10/24/10 12:41 PM Re: CHEHALIS SALMON DAILY UPDATE [Re: eyeFISH]
fishchick Offline
Parr

Loc: Western Washington
I speculate there were probably some influential factors affecting that outcome!
The licking part and all! wink

Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Al Gore, czer, Robb92, wallyw
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1155 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645406 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |