Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#63824 - 10/25/01 11:29 AM ??'s about Nunnaly
bobbersdown Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Bellevue Washington
I am thinking of hitting Nunnaly on Monday with a friend of mine. He says that leech paterns, streamers and wooly bugers are the way to go out there. I was wondering if anyone has other tips for this time of year. I am fairly new to fly fishing so want to be prepared. Also, anyone flyfish for chums? Any luck?

#63825 - 10/25/01 10:02 PM Re: ??'s about Nunnaly
Trout Master Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Edmonds
I have fished Nunally for quite a few years. With the exception of this year, only 3 times. I'm planning on going next weekend though. Yes to your answer on buggers and leeches. I tend to use a smaller leech pattern though this time of the year. The fish should be in the shallows. I usally fish the south shore and north shores. Micro brew did quite well in the far eastern part(bobby lake) in the spring. Be prepared for the wind blowing. laugh

#63826 - 10/27/01 10:15 AM Re: ??'s about Nunnaly
bobbersdown Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Bellevue Washington
Since I may not be able to make it out to Nunnaly on Monday afterall, do you have any recommendations closer on the West side? How about Lone or Cady?

#63827 - 10/28/01 12:43 PM Re: ??'s about Nunnaly
Trout Master Offline
Returning Adult

I personally have not fished Lone or Cady.
Lone I hear is quite good. leech patterns I hear are the ticket. Cady Is Micro brews Lake. From the reports Ive seen lately it is slow though. I'd go to Lone if I was you.
Tight lines and give a report.I'm heading to Nunally this the 3rd and 4th of November laugh

#63828 - 10/28/01 05:21 PM Re: ??'s about Nunnaly
Micro Brew Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Normandy Park
Thanks for the referral TM. Cady was fishing very slow a week ago. I picked up a few fishing very deep. All the fish I saw on the finder were 18 - 25'. Fished larger leech patterns. Nunnally fished very well a couple of weeks ago. Leeches were the big ticket, but I picked up a few on red thread cornies down about 6'. Does that help you out TM?? There have been some good reports from Pass Lake, fish the shallows. I hevn't been up there for about 3 weeks and I didn't have much luck.

BTW - Hit a secret (not so secret from the # of fisherpersons)lake in E. Washington. Did very well in the early morning and after 1300. The ticket was leeches / WB's. There are triploids in thei lake, larget we hit was 23", about 4 #'s.

Good fishin' to you all.

#63829 - 10/29/01 12:08 AM Re: ??'s about Nunnaly
Trout Master Offline
Returning Adult

M.B. well if it is not so secret spill the beans! rolleyes

#63830 - 10/29/01 11:09 AM Re: ??'s about Nunnaly
Micro Brew Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Nope.... Obviously it's not a real "secret", but I defer to the request of my fishing partner about not mentioning it...

#63831 - 10/29/01 12:03 PM Re: ??'s about Nunnaly
Zen Leecher aka Bill W Offline
Spawner

Loc: Moses Lake
Microbrew,

You didn't find my secret lake, did you???

You may have.

#63832 - 10/29/01 01:43 PM Re: ??'s about Nunnaly
Trout Master Offline
Returning Adult

M.B. where were you using the red chronos? the same area you taught me how to fish them?
Zen how are you doing? how was your trip to Canada? Where is this secret place? I'm begging for info. I'm still not employed yet so this is going to be my only trip of the fall. mad

#63833 - 10/29/01 03:53 PM Re: ??'s about Nunnaly
Micro Brew Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Zen, you show me yours, I'll show you mine. Could be the same place. It is listed as a public fishing area and the walk isn't too far. The lake seemed to be particulalry good this year.

TM - I was using red "thread" chronies, not quite the same place, but my guess is that they would work the same. It has gotten cold (both reels froze up so I had to make sure I had extra line for the fish to run) over there, so not sure I'd start with chronies. I'd start out with leeches / WB's.

Good luck.

#63834 - 10/29/01 05:45 PM Re: ??'s about Nunnaly
Zen Leecher aka Bill W Offline
Spawner

Loc: Moses Lake
MB,

Lets take this offline. My email is "billwnr@hotmail.com". Tried to click on you email address but my access is giving me problems.

Not too far of a walk???? Not sure about that one. Mine isn't either.

I may duckhunt mine this weekend.

Bill

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Dick laxton, Lil Blue Sled, Lil Red Sled, Solash, The Moderator, WeServe
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1265 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645375 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |