THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#63916 - 11/20/01 10:47 PM King county lakes?
Jonduke Offline
Alevin

Im hoping to go flyfishing in the King County area this weekend, and I wanted to know what anybody might reccomend for good nearby winter lakes? I don't want to go all the way up to Pass or lone, but I was thinking of Beaver, Alice, or maybe Angle lakes. What do you all think?
Thanks
Jon

#63917 - 11/21/01 12:27 AM Re: King county lakes?
Chromeo Offline
Spawner

Loc: Kenmore, WA
I know you don't want to go but i'd hit up lone(heard its been hot) and do some bloodworm chronomid fishing. If you see Paul in the blue Toyota p/u ask what hes using hes pretty cool about it and he is a machine!
Tyler

#63918 - 12/03/01 05:59 PM Re: King county lakes?
F F F Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Kent
2 weeks ago I was at american lake fishing for bows and couldn't keep the perch off. When i came in, i talked to a guy loading his sled and he said he hooked 6 cutthroat and 2 rainbows in the same time we were there, working the shoreline with black woolies. That sparked my interest enough to get me back there soon.

#63919 - 12/04/01 09:41 AM Re: King county lakes?
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
Try Lake Meridian in Kent. It is year round and has some big Triploids. The lake also has excellent bank and dock access.

#63920 - 12/04/01 09:29 PM Re: King county lakes?
Metalhead Mojo Offline
Spawner

Loc: Browns Point
speaking of lake meridian, i heard that there was a write up in the seattle times about 2 months ago that the state had planted surplus coho in meridian. i havent been able to find anything about this on the WDFW website, does anyone know anything about this?

#63921 - 12/05/01 09:37 AM Re: King county lakes?
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
KSR, I usually have "my ear to the ground" on local fishing events and I had not heard of anything like that for Meridian. You might check WDFW's Lake Stocking Report on their website.
Like I said in my previous post, I know it gets a lot of TRB's!

#63922 - 12/05/01 10:35 PM Re: King county lakes?
F F F Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Kent
On the way to the Green we stopped by Meridian a few weeks ago and people were pulling out nice 1-3lb kokanee right off the dock. And boats were surrounding the dock so i guess some people know about it.

#63923 - 12/19/01 12:35 AM Re: King county lakes?
WillAtlas Offline
Egg

Loc: Seattle
There are some good lakes up near northbend that are open yearround they are on wherehouser land I forget their names but they are up the same road as the N.Fork of the snoqualmie. I heard one of them produced an 8 pound cutthroat. If you don't want to go that far you could fish green lake. Work the shore with wolleys maybe do a little trolling. Maybe try chronimids if you see any surface action.

#63924 - 12/19/01 10:22 AM Re: King county lakes?
Micro Brew Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Normandy Park
Remember, you need a pass, $65.00, to access many of the lakes on the Weyerhaeuser land. There is one lake McLeod that is before the spur 10 gate. It is a short walk to the lake and is perfect for float tube / small pontoons. It has some nice fish in it.

Check the regs to make sure it is open.

#63925 - 12/20/01 06:41 PM Re: King county lakes?
FishnfellaS Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Grand Coulee,Wa. 99133
Dang you Micro, that's one of my secret lakes.
Oh well, most will never be able to find their way in there unless they are good at map reading.
Catch and Release only please. This one's too small to stand much fish taking.

#63926 - 12/21/01 10:16 AM Re: King county lakes?
Micro Brew Offline
Juvenille at Sea

FF:

#63927 - 12/21/01 10:18 AM Re: King county lakes?
Micro Brew Offline
Juvenille at Sea

FF:

Sorry about that.... I know that it's not a secret, but I understand you not wanting the word to get out.
Let me know if there are other lakes you don't want me to mention. Just give me the list and I'll never refer to them.....

I do C & R from most lakes, but every once in a while, I do want to cook up a free. This is generally from the heavier planted lakes like &%$#@* Lake.

#63928 - 12/21/01 11:33 AM Re: King county lakes?
Trout Master Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Edmonds
Micro Brew, Just want to say Merry Christmas!
Now stop giving away secret lakes!
Remember that Zen hunts down those who talk.
Febuary is coming up, are you gonna fish the secret lake with us? I think it will be fun and we can have a big BBQ at night. laugh

#63929 - 12/21/01 12:08 PM Re: King county lakes?
Micro Brew Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Same back at ya... Lips are now sealed.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.... To you all!

#63930 - 12/21/01 07:56 PM Re: King county lakes?
Old Man Offline
Spawner

Loc: Silver Star,Mt
Hey you guys. Give out sme more of those lakes. I'm very good at map reading. In fact when I go fishing I take a map so I won't get lost. I also have some of Ron's super Scuds. But have yet to use them. I'm just to lazy to go and sit on a lake.Jim S. laugh

#63931 - 12/21/01 09:26 PM Re: King county lakes?
FishnfellaS Offline
Returning Adult

Hey Jim, It's not Lazy sitting on a lake if you're catching monster trout one after the other like the Zen and I do when we go to Secret Lakes. In fact it can be hard on the wrists and back. If you want leg exercise you can paddle around dragging leaches like the Zen. Me, I'll anchor up over the honeyspot and really work them over with chronies and scuds.

Merry Christmas to you and Micro and the Master and even Zen and his new Lab. Hope he got it a warm sweater after cutting all that honey colored hair off it's belly.
Probably see some of you guys on the Secret lake next spring. We're over the hump on winter now.

#63932 - 12/21/01 09:36 PM Re: King county lakes?
FishnfellaS Offline
Returning Adult

Microbrew,
Neither myself nor the Zen will ever fall for that "just give me a list..." trick. You have to pay your dues with appropriate reverance.
A little bribery with some select brews can speed the process though.
laugh

#63933 - 12/21/01 10:15 PM Re: King county lakes?
Trout Master Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Edmonds
Fishinfella, Micro Brew allready knows where the lake is, we fished it together a month ago. I cant wait to hit it again. And Monsters are right.
They are big.Hey have you ever fished castle just south of coule city? I havent been over the cliffs and down the steel ladders for quite a few years. Did hook into some nice rainbows there though. Merry Christmas to all. laugh

#63934 - 12/22/01 09:44 AM Re: King county lakes?
bobbersdown Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Bellevue Washington
Hey TM, Micro, ZEN and FF - Any room at this particular lake in February for a fellow fisherman to try his luck and get some of the 'rust of winter' off? Seriously though, I would love to head out in February. Actually I am trying to get in as much fishing as possible because I have a new baby on the way due April 21 right around the opener at most lakes here on the West side. I am going to be pretty busy for a while after that as you can guess. So, please have pity on me and let me know if I can 'tag' along.....send me an e-mail or drop me a line.

#63935 - 12/22/01 01:30 PM Re: King county lakes?
Old Man Offline
Spawner

Loc: Silver Star,Mt
I'd like to try that also. That way every body can have a good laugh and watch how a idiot fishes. I get my car out of the hospital Monday and then I'm going to go fishing. I haven't got a line wet since Sept. I need to get out becaue my casting arm is getting weak. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night. Jim S. cool

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Schmidtm, schmidty, Spinhead
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (steely slammer, wolverine), 1118 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |