Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#640771 - 12/05/10 09:34 PM snoqualmie aint to bad
bankbum Offline
Spawner

well i guess ill be the guy to blow up the snoqualmie. there has been alot of pressure on the river sense the dec 1st bait opener. fishing has been consistant, not alot of fish. but if you know the water you can pick a fish up daily. i would guess around 15 fish on average being caught daily between the usual holes around big eddy

as for my end of the report. i have went 3 for 12 sense the 1st. i was lucky enough to get a pack of defective rvr fshr jig hooks. 5 broken hooks resulting in 5 lost fish.

low water has slowed fishing back down a little

#640787 - 12/05/10 10:00 PM Re: snoqualmie aint to bad [Re: bankbum]
tydy Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Snohomish.,Wa.
I won't buy rvr fsher jigs anymore. Had the same experience 3 broken hooks on 3 hook ups @ cable hole and in front of procter creek, switched over to over the edge and slammed home an 8#er. (pink/white)

#640791 - 12/05/10 10:06 PM Re: snoqualmie aint to bad [Re: tydy]
mikey b Offline
Returning Adult

5 broken hooks.... that sucks. should've tossed em after the second. Thanks for the report. Never fished the snoqualmie but maybe I'll give it a go next month when i get some free time.

#640862 - 12/06/10 01:19 AM Re: snoqualmie aint to bad [Re: mikey b]
What Offline
Spawner

Please to elaborate a bit on the circumstances of how the hooks failed if you would drifter101 and tydy? Rod and line used, broken straightaway on fish, bent out on snag and re-bent back into position before hooking fish, etc.?

Also were the hooks purchased in Rvrfshr packaging at a retail location or directly from our site (not Matzuo packaging)?

Of course I'm going to be a little miffed at reports of hooks breaking that I designed and market... At the same time finding it a bit difficult to believe that even eight hooks would break (in succession), on hatchery steelhead nonetheless.
Personally having hooked close to 1000 salmon and steelhead on the same jighooks over the past couple of seasons, running 20 plus # mainline and 12 plus # leaders on fairly stout rods, without breaking a single hook, begs for a little insight.

In no way am I saying that it didn't happen in a legitimate manner, just wondering the particulars.
Of course we will be happy to replace the entire pack(s) of hooks F.O.C. if you PM a shipping address.

Sorry for your inconvienences.

Edited by rvrfshr (12/06/10 01:21 AM)

#640868 - 12/06/10 02:48 AM Re: snoqualmie aint to bad [Re: What]
907BornAndRaised Offline
Smolt

Lol heluvva reply. Doesn't really makes sense though. I was thinking dang the water musta been fast.

#640882 - 12/06/10 10:48 AM Re: snoqualmie aint to bad [Re: ]
Chum Man Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Yelmish
i don't think i could pull that off, even with vision hooks!

#640904 - 12/06/10 11:53 AM Re: snoqualmie aint to bad [Re: ]
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
I'm gonna go get some pop corn and sit back to read the reply's if they reply.Some thing well,smells fishy.Good luck,
SZ

#640909 - 12/06/10 12:01 PM Re: snoqualmie aint to bad [Re: STRIKE ZONE]
Bigjim Offline
will always be a Juvenile at Sea

I don't buy jig hooks but if I do I will make sure they are Rvrfshr. Because if someone is "smart" enough to fish the same hooks that keep breaking after the 3rd and 4th lost fish due to broken hooks and can still hook up on fish, then those Rvrfshr jigs must be magnetizing the fish because I doubt Cro magnon man is hooking them up.

#640919 - 12/06/10 12:16 PM Re: snoqualmie aint to bad [Re: Bigjim]
Queets guy Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: port orchard, WA
In the last couple weeks I tied up all my jigs for the winter (50 or so), all of them on rvrfshr hooks as they are my favorite brand for jig hooks. This weekend I fished them with 8lb test UG leader and the five or so times I hung up I snapped two of the hooks, before the 8lb line broke! Not bad-mouthing the sponsor or anything the when a hook is snapping before 8lb test leader, something is seriously wrong.....especially if they werent bent out on previous hang ups and what not. Rant done.

Edited by Queets guy (12/06/10 12:19 PM)

#640990 - 12/06/10 02:39 PM Re: snoqualmie aint to bad [Re: Queets guy]
sidewinder Offline
Fry

Loc: bothell
Originally Posted By: Queets guy
In the last couple weeks I tied up all my jigs for the winter (50 or so), all of them on rvrfshr hooks as they are my favorite brand for jig hooks. This weekend I fished them with 8lb test UG leader and the five or so times I hung up I snapped two of the hooks, before the 8lb line broke! Not bad-mouthing the sponsor or anything the when a hook is snapping before 8lb test leader, something is seriously wrong.....especially if they werent bent out on previous hang ups and what not. Rant done.

Bummer. Sorry to hear that. Sounds like a few packs of bad hooks got out. I love their jig hooks. I bet you end up throwing the rest away. I would. Unless you had a few batches, but even if you did. They are probably mixed up now.. I once tied up about 300 leaders using 8lb ande. I used ande for years with great results. Well that bulk spool of line was a bad one. All that work is tough to eat. Ya work too hard, and spend too much time and money to let it worry ya, and cost you any more fish. I don't use ande any more.

Replacing the bad hooks is a nice offer. One couldn't expect any more. Its just too bad all the way around.

#641014 - 12/06/10 04:09 PM Re: snoqualmie aint to bad [Re: sidewinder]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

I have some Rvrfshr jig hooks in size 1 and 2, and they've been indestructable so far. Maybe different batches?

Sg

#641051 - 12/06/10 05:57 PM Re: snoqualmie aint to bad [Re: mikey b]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: mikey b
5 broken hooks.... that sucks. should've tossed em after the second. Thanks for the report. Never fished the snoqualmie but maybe I'll give it a go next month when i get some free time.

Its an early run and they will be leaving the traps open after escapement is reached, unless they have reconsidered the policy.

#641068 - 12/06/10 06:46 PM Re: snoqualmie aint to bad [Re: Queets guy]
jeffek1 Offline
Parr

Originally Posted By: Queets guy

i witnessed this first hand when we fished this weekend. its a great product, i havent had many issues a few broken octopus hooks in the past but apparently that was from the bad batch i can understand that. i just recently bought a pack of jig heads and one hook had a defective bend so i was unable to use that hook. again its a great product and good to have a northwest tackle maneufactereur i just think the reliability and quality need to be improved for us serious fishermen, we are afterall your target market. keep at it rvrfshr

#641078 - 12/06/10 07:01 PM Re: snoqualmie aint to bad [Re: jeffek1]
bankbum Offline
Spawner

the hook broke right at the v bend. i fish a 11'6" 6-10 rod with 10lb main and 8lb leaders. not a chance in hell im putting that much pressure on the fish.

i do clamp my jigs right there, but it has never ever been a problem before. it has only been this pack of jig hooks i have broke.

i did hook 3 fish today without a single problem.

i personally love the hooks, and dont loose many fish when running them. and i can say that the breakage issue wont turn me away from the product. as i have had great success with them.

#641092 - 12/06/10 07:39 PM Re: snoqualmie aint to bad [Re: bankbum]
sidewinder Offline
Fry

Loc: bothell
I wouldn't let it stop me either. Out of all their products. The spoons are my favotite! I wonder if I write a letter, and do some major power snivling if they would send me a gross fer free.

#641100 - 12/06/10 08:14 PM Re: snoqualmie aint to bad [Re: sidewinder]
What Offline
Spawner

Sincere apologies to all parties involved experiencing Rvrfshr hook failure. Still very hard to understand since every jighook we have shipped to date were all from the same (original), batch?

As stated before, whoever experienced breakage issues on ANY of the hooks we have profitted from, PM an address for free replacements.

(To anyone thinking about taking advantage of this offer that didn't buy or break hooks, the steelhead gods will act swiftly... and not in your favor!)

Thanks for your continued support.

#641105 - 12/06/10 08:30 PM Re: snoqualmie aint to bad [Re: What]
mikey b Offline
Returning Adult

Its a good thing rvrfshr doesn't make condoms! I bet those hooks are made in CHINA

Edited by mikey b (12/06/10 08:37 PM)

#641107 - 12/06/10 08:32 PM Re: snoqualmie aint to bad [Re: What]
bankbum Offline
Spawner

no need for any replacements in my opinion.

you have a great product. and like i said, i clamp my hooks right where they have broken. could be my own fault, could be faulty hooks. ill never know for sure, and i dont need to take advantage of getting replacements

thanks for the kind offer to replace faulty products. that is just another reason why i like your products.

#641111 - 12/06/10 08:38 PM Re: snoqualmie aint to bad [Re: bankbum]
Queets guy Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: port orchard, WA
Ditto to what Drifter said, no need for replacements. Still have lots of confidence in the products, especially the hardware. Hopefully those will be the last of the broken ones in my arsenal.

#641116 - 12/06/10 08:44 PM Re: snoqualmie aint to bad [Re: ]
bankbum Offline
Spawner

Originally Posted By: Chuck S.
I broke a couple of 5/0's bending the crap out of them in a vice. That count rofl

beathead damn sledge harmer is what got to mine....i just couldnt get those eyelets closed.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jordan, UncleChris
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (NOFISH), 1192 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |