THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 7 of 21 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 20 21 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#646533 - 12/20/10 10:06 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: Lucky Louie]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
I hate what the fishing world is headed to and I hate what CCA has done to get that ball rolling... It truly sucks... Sure there are a few positives with CCA (outside of the CR system) but more than not, a lot of this process has been expediated with them involved... Thanks......

I often wonder if my kids will have the chance to enjoy what I've enjoyed through my younger years...

Keith

#646549 - 12/20/10 11:18 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: stlhdr1]
N W Panhandler Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Bremerton, Wa.
Keith, the short answer to that is NO, Unless they fish for perch or crappi. There were lots of fish and few people years past but the overfishing and habitat loss's is catching up with us now. And unless we can get some control of the pinnipeds and us, sturgeon are in real trouble also. It would be nice if we could get rid of some of those man made islands in the lower river also, help with bird predation.

Edited by N W Panhandler (12/20/10 11:22 PM)

#646610 - 12/21/10 01:53 AM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: N W Panhandler]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Originally Posted By: N W Panhandler
Keith, the short answer to that is NO, Unless they fish for perch or crappi. There were lots of fish and few people years past but the overfishing and habitat loss's is catching up with us now. And unless we can get some control of the pinnipeds and us, sturgeon are in real trouble also. It would be nice if we could get rid of some of those man made islands in the lower river also, help with bird predation.

I'll guarantee you "selective" fishing won't turn the wild fish populations around, all you bandwagon CCA folks just don't get it..... It's a [censored] joke...... Considering the status of 80% of the wild fish runs in the CR system, unless EVERYONE backs off of them COMPLETELY, they WILL keep dwindling..... Fact is, we can't have our cake and eat it too!

Ever ask yourself what the [censored] is happening to CANADA's and ALASKA's fish populations? IS CCA going to jump in up there and try to fix that as well? violin They're 15 or so years behind and starting on the same downward spiral too. We can bandaid this and bandaid that, it's just giving us a few more years before the end all here in the CR system.......

You bet you're ass I'm bummed, bummed seeing all the hatchery plant cuts that are coming. I'm getting the feeling CCA is a bunch of bunny hugging, fern sniffing, phony wild fish making groupies... rofl

Keep it up boys and girls, we'll be off the local rivers soon! Your clown of a leader already has some local rivers so F'd up, it's a joke.

Oh and by the way.... It's CRAPPIE........ thumbs

Yeah and I approve this message.......!

Keith

#646677 - 12/21/10 12:03 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: stlhdr1]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

So does this mean your not sending $25 to Texas?

"Couldn't win a cake at the PTA"

#646686 - 12/21/10 12:12 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: ]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: common sense ave.
to bad you do gooder 25 dollar fisheries experts cant put up a logical explanation about how this new commercial method with a lower release mortality rate wont effect sportfishing.

#646699 - 12/21/10 12:50 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: ]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Originally Posted By: AuntyM
So how's that "non-selective" commercial fishing working out for ya Keith? rofl

Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is how we got to this point, but don't use RATIONAL thinking. It might be painful for you.

moose

Ahh, [censored] it........ I'm done arguing...

I'm so close to just selling out while I can still get decent money for my gear. Before long you won't get pennies on the dollar for [censored].... Duck hunting, Elk hunting and turkey can keep me busy on my days off. moose

Keith

#646701 - 12/21/10 12:52 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: Illahee]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Originally Posted By: freespool
So does this mean your not sending $25 to Texas?

"Couldn't win a cake at the PTA"

Let me see........... [censored] NO!

I'd send them $1000 if they'd get their nose out of the CR system. Go fix the Puget Sound..

Keith

#646757 - 12/21/10 04:00 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: stlhdr1]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Ahhhhh, damn dog!
With all of the years all of you boat ramp experts have had to correct the problems on the CR I am amazed that there are any problems there at all! What with crying here and at the boat ramp about this, that and the other there should have never been a reason for CCA, PSA, Fish NW or any of the other organizations trying to stop the hemorrhage of our public resource.

God help the Elk,ducks and turkeys if you take your brand of help to those resources!

Fishy

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

I think name-calling is the right way to handle this one/Dan S

We're here from the WDFW and we're here to help--Uhh Ohh!

#646761 - 12/21/10 04:18 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: Somethingsmellsf]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Originally Posted By: Somethingsmellsf

God help the Elk,ducks and turkeys

Fishy

Precisely what I was thinking...

Keith moose

#646765 - 12/21/10 04:28 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: stlhdr1]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: stlhdr1

Fishy

Keith moose

Not exactly my point, but keep throwing tantrums at the boat launch and on the net cause it has helped the resource sooo much in the past!

Fishy

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

#646769 - 12/21/10 04:55 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: Somethingsmellsf]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Fishy

Keith moose

Not exactly my point, but keep throwing tantrums at the boat launch and on the net cause it has helped the resource sooo much in the past!

Fishy

Tantrums at the ramps? Interesting.... Not too sure where you are headed there.

Keith

#646780 - 12/21/10 05:36 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: stlhdr1]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Fishy

Keith moose

Fishy

Tantrums at the ramps? Interesting.... Not too sure where you are headed there.

Keith

My point being that no organization is going to make everyone happy, but collectively working toward the recovery of the resource is better than standing alone and flailing your arms while trying to get some recognition from anyone!
The way you genius's talk we would not have a problem if we had followed your dictum, yet that is precisely why we are where we are.

Fishy

#646801 - 12/21/10 07:24 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: Somethingsmellsf]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

Somethingsmellsf, i agree with trey 100 percent, what is you opinion, does it matter to you since you clearly dont sportfish.

“The difficulty we have with that is that if the commercials are allowed to fish the main river with selective (gear) that means they will be (allowed) to extract more hatchery fish and because of catch balancing mandates the possibility exists that they will be taking even more hatchery fish and that will have (negative) impacts on sport fishing

http://tnscommunications.net/OregonGillNetBanUpdates.aspx

#646809 - 12/21/10 07:35 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: Somethingsmellsf]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

My point being that no organization is going to make everyone happy, but collectively working toward the recovery of the resource is better than standing alone and flailing your arms while trying to get some recognition from anyone!
The way you genius's talk we would not have a problem if we had followed your dictum, yet that is precisely why we are where we are.

Fishy

It's simple. We can't have wild fish #'s that meet escapement through out the CR system and have sizeable hatchery plants too. So what's it going to be? What road are we headed down?

Is CCA going to be a bunny hugger, fern sniffing group or are they going to support some hatchery plants so they can compensate for this "selective" fishing idea which is going to shortfund the sporties from hatchery fish?

What's it going to be? You can't survive on both sides of the table... It don't work......

Keith

#646832 - 12/21/10 08:49 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: stlhdr1]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Fishy

It's simple. We can't have wild fish #'s that meet escapement through out the CR system and have sizeable hatchery plants too. So what's it going to be? What road are we headed down?

Is CCA going to be a bunny hugger, fern sniffing group or are they going to support some hatchery plants so they can compensate for this "selective" fishing idea which is going to shortfund the sporties from hatchery fish?

What's it going to be? You can't survive on both sides of the table... It don't work......

Keith

I believe CCA has been very clear on this and that hatchery plants are vital to all resource users and need to continue to be planted. That being said the proposals on the table will affect fisheries as they now stand. Everyone of us can surmise how and what the the outcome will be, but nobody can say for certain exactly what will happen or how.

If and I say "IF" the sports fishers are adversely effected, I will be very vocal on getting behind more hatchery plants and equability in accessing our marine resource. What I will not go along with is "business as usual and expecting a different result."

Boater: I clearly am out of the house more than you as you spend every waking minute online blathering and whining about the sky falling. If you do own a rod, you should take that yellow rod out once in awhile and perhaps you wouldn't be such a TOOL!

Fishy

Fishy

#646843 - 12/21/10 09:08 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: Somethingsmellsf]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Fishy

Keith

I believe CCA has been very clear on this and that hatchery plants are vital to all resource users and need to continue to be planted. That being said the proposals on the table will affect fisheries as they now stand. Everyone of us can surmise how and what the the outcome will be, but nobody can say for certain exactly what will happen or how.

If and I say "IF" the sports fishers are adversely effected, I will be very vocal on getting behind more hatchery plants and equability in accessing our marine resource. What I will not go along with is "business as usual and expecting a different result."

Boater: I clearly am out of the house more than you as you spend every waking minute online blathering and whining about the sky falling. If you do own a rod, you should take that yellow rod out once in awhile and perhaps you wouldn't be such a TOOL!

Fishy

Fishy

Good luck CCA, my gut feeling is you won't change [censored] on the LCR. The bible is already written....

Keith

#646848 - 12/21/10 09:17 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: stlhdr1]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Fishy

Keith

Fishy

Fishy

Good luck CCA, my gut feeling is you won't change [censored] on the LCR. The bible is already written....

Keith

Like I said I will not get behind business as usual and expect a different result. I have no idea about your gut but doing nothing sure has not worked well for any of us, except the commercials!

Fishy

#646851 - 12/21/10 09:22 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: ]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Kanektok Kid
I will be very vocal on getting behind more hatchery plants and equability in accessing our marine resource.

That and 5 bucks will get you a latte.............

We can all sleep easy tonight........... rofl

Especially with your input! rofl

Fishy

#646852 - 12/21/10 09:25 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: Somethingsmellsf]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

If and I say "IF" the sports fishers are adversely effected, I will be very vocal on getting behind more hatchery plants and equability in accessing our marine resource.

if ??, you have got to be kidding ?, how many news releases do you want me to post saying that the reason they are wanting the commercials to go to a more selective method so they can catch more hatchery fish do you want me to post ????

#646857 - 12/21/10 09:33 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: Somethingsmellsf]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Like I said I will not get behind business as usual and expect a different result. I have no idea about your gut but doing nothing sure has not worked well for any of us, except the commercials!

Fishy

Let me summarize something for you.... The commercials in the LCR aren't the reason our wild fish aren't coming back... At one point in time long ago, they did assist in decimating the runs. But they don't fish year around now... The picture is just too big to understand. Sooner than later you'll realize even IF the commercials were ELIMINATED the wild fish runs WON'T bounce back. The commercials are such a small problem in the big picture.... Tell your CCA cronies to get after the bigger problems... But then again, that's not possible and just too much!

Here's your thought process... "Oh, let's do the little things that make a difference with CCA".... Got a new's flash for ya, it's not doing a thing except giving the commercials more hatchery fish, fish we'd have a chance to catch.... All to save a wild fish??? Well another new's flash, our wild fish aren't going to recover with switching the commercials up to "selective fishing"... thumbs

Show me documentation that proves me wrong.... Can ya? Anyone? Show me how that's going to rebuild our wild runs.................. rofl

In honesty, the lack of our wild fish isn't a laughing matter.... But CCA, you're doing quite the job getting us closer to doom's day fishing the LCR.....

I'm beyond sick of this [censored]... Frustrated as hell with the keyboard fisherman and those that have evolved over the last handful of years that look at the big picture and say "Hey, got $25, join CCA, get everyone on the same page so we can eliminate the gillnets in the LCR (MR. LOOMIS'S way to get people to sign up) no other group has fixed it so let's try this one". Pull your heads out of your asses and realize you're [censored] us guys that enjoy time on the LCR in the near future...

Keith

Page 7 of 21 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 20 21 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Born2Boat, Dirk Mc Girk, Frankster, Oz-fish, starfisher
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 365 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |